Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A town where the wisdom of swing voting shows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,069 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Washington Post said:

LINEVILLE, IOWA — They had worked for generations to obscure the state border, because a farming town of 300 couldn’t afford to be divided. “One Place, One Community,” proclaimed a sign on the road into town, and Main Street was located half in one state and half in the other. Kids from Iowa sometimes went to public schools in Missouri. Families from Missouri sometimes paid taxes to Iowa.

“Nobody knows who lives where, and nobody really cares,” the mayor said.

At least until earlier this year, when workers for both presidential campaigns arrived here with maps and satellite images to walk the dirt roads and ask residents where, exactly, Iowa ended, and where, exactly, Missouri began. They knocked on doors in Iowa to recruit volunteers but walked past houses in Missouri. They built a combined 74 campaign offices in one state and only six in the other. They bombarded one side of town with so much mail that the brochures filled a storage room and the postmaster extended his hours.

Read more

They need you, they pay attention, you just vote for the same old and you get a kick in the ar$e.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users