Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Who do non-Americans want for US President?


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,202 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

I'm a Canadian and I'd vote for Obama.

The reason why is because the current economic malaise that the US is in, happened in the economic meltdown a few months before Obama was elected.

To expect him to have rectified that mess in four years is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to regulate their banking system. That may eventually happen under an Obama administration. That will never, ever happen under a Romney administration.

Edited by Likely Guy, 04 November 2012 - 01:23 AM.


#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    Is not a number!

  • Member
  • 9,879 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

I'd be hapy for a president who doesn't start a war and expect Australia to get involved as well, one who can manage the American economy well enough to not **** up the Australian economy and who isn't an openly blithering idiot.


#3    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,202 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 04 November 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

I'd be hapy for a president who doesn't start a war and expect Australia to get involved as well, one who can manage the American economy well enough to not **** up the Australian economy and who isn't an openly blithering idiot.
Not sure who you'd vote for though.


#4    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:28 AM





LMFAO........

I hate the way the system works, you cna only vote for a select few who are all rubbish. You don't truly have any big effect on the goverment.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#5    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,202 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostCoffey, on 04 November 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:


LMFAO........

I hate the way the system works, you cna only vote for a select few who are all rubbish. You don't truly have any big effect on the goverment.
Again, I'm not sure who you'd vote for.


#6    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,415 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Im from New Zealand and I'd vote for the green candidate Jill Stein if I were a Yank.
Obama and Romney are just as bad as each other..

The system over there is corrupt and crooked and imo thios election is going to be a farse anyway..


#7    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,202 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 04 November 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

The system over there is corrupt and crooked and imo this election is going to be a farse anyway..
How so?


#8    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,403 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 04 November 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

I'm a Canadian and I'd vote for Obama.

The reason why is because the current economic malaise that the US is in, happened in the economic meltdown a few months before Obama was elected.

To expect him to have rectified that mess in four years is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to regulate their banking system. That may eventually happen under an Obama administration. That will never, ever happen under a Romney administration.

Hmmmm.... you do realize that the banks were deregulated under Bill Clinton(D)?

I'd write Ron Paul's name in as an activist vote.    Both Romney and Obama couldn't lead me across the street without asking for advice first.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#9    Bracket

Bracket

    Evil Monkey Genius

  • Member
  • 3,968 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

  • I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 04 November 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

The system over there is corrupt and crooked and imo thios election is going to be a farse anyway..

It's corrupt everywhere. :rolleyes:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#10    with bells on

with bells on

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

ive said it in another thread, that i would vote Obummer, but not because i think he is great.. he is sell out.. change, my ass.. but he has to be mildly better than Mitt..

Ron Paul was the only smart choice..

Edited by with bells on, 04 November 2012 - 02:43 AM.


#11    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,202 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View Postacidhead, on 04 November 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Hmmmm.... you do realize that the banks were deregulated under Bill Clinton(D)?

I'd write Ron Paul's name in as an activist vote.    Both Romney and Obama couldn't lead me across the street without asking for advice first.

Bill Clinton doesn't mean squat. That's ancient history. Everything after that, okay. That's your vote. You're in the 'other' camp.

Edited by Likely Guy, 04 November 2012 - 02:54 AM.


#12    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

    Undecided, mostly.

  • Member
  • 4,202 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Likely, Canada

  • I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

So far, if Ron Paul was running, non-Americans would choose him for their president.

But he's not.


#13    Order66

Order66

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined:05 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Thanatos

  • The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

I think most non-Americans have a limited and superficial understanding of our history and our values, and therefore make superficial and uninformed judgements regarding what we do to protect what is most important to us.

Posted Image

#14    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,403 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 04 November 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

Bill Clinton doesn't mean squat. That's ancient history. Everything after that, okay. That's your vote. You're in the 'other' camp.

Thanks Guy, I'll happily take 'other' over the Coke and Pepsi paradigm.... best of luck with that.

Edited by acidhead, 04 November 2012 - 03:43 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#15    with bells on

with bells on

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostVein Capital, on 04 November 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

I think most non-Americans have a limited and superficial understanding of our history and our values, and therefore make superficial and uninformed judgements regarding what we do to protect what is most important to us.

thats not completely true.. what most people's beef is with your government is that we get dragged into these stupid wars.. and most countries are interested and educated in international affairs and politics, so we get as much of yours on our tv's as we do our own..





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users