Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

ufology ufo watchers

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

So all the crazy people that try to force UFO crap down our throats are questioning if anything exits? Jumping on the bandwagon and back off it when they get bored?

The real believers are the skeptics who realise that the probability of life out there is high, however question if what we experience on earth is ET or otherwise.

We're in it for the long haul.

Edit: Who's with me!!!!!!!? B)

Edited by Timonthy, 06 November 2012 - 08:03 AM.

#32    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

As we as a civilization have become more educated and technologically enhanced, we have come to realize that the probability of "life" occurring beyond the confines of Earth is indeed a possibility but the notion of a somewhat humanoid ET arriving in a "saucer" begins to border on the juvenile other than perhaps as a medium for exploring society from a scifi perspective. Consider just the mammalian diversity of this planet, perhaps a shrew at one end and a whale at the other, and the notion of ET as a humanoid biped becomes questionable. Certainly the completely human trait of anthropomorphism or the attribution of human characteristics to other entities would begin to explain this phenomenon. And, then consider the advanced technology required to transmit an entity from one end of the galaxy to another. If we apply our potentially primitive, but uncannily accurate, Moore's law that the number of transistors on integrated circuits doubles approximately every two years, and, let's say, nanotechnology or manufacturing technology able to fabricate, with molecular precision, most structures consistent with physical law, then we potentially find ourselves even more distant from the concept of ET arriving in a saucer. If ETs technology is advanced enough to transcend the distances of the galaxy, then ETs presence on Earth would most likely not be readily detectable.

Edited by highdesert50, 06 November 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#33    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

i still cant believe why some .. can say that ET exist ! but dont believe they are here !   its not about technology ! who said aliens need technology to travel .. what if they are beings with super super super powers ! beings that could fly, live in space , beings that only exist out of pure energy !  that could glow up bright like a star and move with speed that we can only dream off ! or can teleport themselves !
the possibilities are endless !
i have seen weird stuff in the sky !  out of nowhere a lightbal emerged ,that could spontaneous grow real big and bright within secs . and then dissappears ..i  have seen it twice ! and i was not the only one who saw it !
if they can travel long distance ,it doesnt mean we cant see them ! or detect them !

#34    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

aliens are REAL. but ufos arent. i believe in aliens but i dont believe that they have visited earth

#35    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

View Postpallidin, on 05 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Well, I don't care what the article says.
All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.
that is unless you believe in the flat earth theory ;)

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#36    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

i believe that there are aliens out there but i dont believe that they have visited earth in ufos and such. just because u believe in aliens doesnt mean u believe in ufos

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#37    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 1,949 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 06 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

i still cant believe why some .. can say that ET exist ! but dont believe they are here !   its not about technology ! who said aliens need technology to travel .. what if they are beings with super super super powers ! beings that could fly, live in space , beings that only exist out of pure energy !  that could glow up bright like a star and move with speed that we can only dream off ! or can teleport themselves !
i have seen weird stuff in the sky !  out of nowhere a lightbal emerged ,that could spontaneous grow real big and bright within secs . and then dissappears ..i  have seen it twice ! and i was not the only one who saw it !
if they can travel long distance ,it doesnt mean we cant see them ! or detect them !
Your sighting sounds like Iridium flares - which can be checked for your location online

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#38    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

View Postcsspwns, on 07 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

i believe that there are aliens out there but i dont believe that they have visited earth in ufos and such. just because u believe in aliens doesnt mean u believe in ufos

How can one not beleive in UFOs? for UFOs are real, they happen ALL the time... now weather or not a UFO is a flying object controlled by an alien being - that, is a different kittle of fish my friend.

Posted Image

#39    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,828 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 06 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Like Gods you mean.

People used to think they sat in the clouds watching earth.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#40    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,828 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Postcsspwns, on 07 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

I believe in UFO's, but I do not believe UFO's are alien spacecraft.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#41    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

I believe in UFO's, but I do not believe UFO's are alien spacecraft.

I don't believe in UFOs.  I know that people see Unidentified Flying Objects (yes pumper, that definition was for you...).  I do concur that it is unlikely that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin though.  Despite that, I still hold out hope that perhaps, just maybe, some of them might be.

#42    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Maybe some reporter had an epiphany and is claiming his personal view. And one can consider that the overall picture has changed, this day and age pale to the many and varied stories of the 50's and 60's. I know that many people go into UFOlogy, as I did myself, full of hope and loaded with optimism, only to find things are not what they seem.
I think someone might just be expressing their disillusionment at the heightened promises that UFOlogy offers. Reality is somewhat mundane by comparison. AKA the birth of another skeptic. But in public.

I would agree with this except for:

Assap’s UFO cases have dropped by 96 per cent since 1988, while the number of other groups involved in UFO research has fallen from well over 100 in the 1990s to around 30 now.

Does anyone know if these figures are accurate, or whether it is just Great Britain, or all over?
Think about it, 96%?
Very interesting if true.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#43    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,828 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 07 November 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

I don't believe in UFOs.  I know that people see Unidentified Flying Objects (yes pumper, that definition was for you...).  I do concur that it is unlikely that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin though.  Despite that, I still hold out hope that perhaps, just maybe, some of them might be.

I think I still need an element of belief because I have only seen two, perhaps 3 in my life, and am not sure that people do see UFO's as often as is claimed, I have to run with the benefit of the doubt. I think many UFO's are IFO's viewed by people who are easily over excited :P

:lol:

:tu:

#44    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,828 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostGaden, on 07 November 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

I would agree with this except for:

Assap’s UFO cases have dropped by 96 per cent since 1988, while the number of other groups involved in UFO research has fallen from well over 100 in the 1990s to around 30 now.

Does anyone know if these figures are accurate, or whether it is just Great Britain, or all over?
Think about it, 96%?
Very interesting if true.

That would just be the same thing on a wider scale wouldn't it?

#45    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 November 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Like Gods you mean.

People used to think they sat in the clouds watching earth.
Like Q from Continuum in Star Trek.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users