Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Flouride/Water Fluoridation

flouride

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

2 things more I'd like to add to this:

1, A pea sized bit of toothpaste (with fluoride) is the equivalent to a glass of fluoridated tap water and on the toothpaste tube it clearly says that if you swallow the toothpaste then seek medical help/contact a poison control center right away.

Evidence:

Posted Image

So why is it OK to drink it? But you are considered "poisoned" if you swallow the same amount in toothpaste?!

2, Unlike point 1 which is a fact, point 2 might well be a myth and it's hard to find evidence for it. Supposedly Hitler/The Nazi's put fluoride in the water supply of the German people before he started his campaign. The reasons where that it made the population more susceptible to his ideology. They also supposedly put it in the Ghetto's and the death camps. Now Some Historians claim this to be absurd and that there is no evidence, but they also don't see a problem with fluoride being in the water supply etc, which is proven to be harmful. So take that however you want to. (supposedly the Soviets did the same in their POW camps)

What are your views and do you drink tap water with fluoride in it?

I personally use non fluoride toothpaste and I know my local water supply does not have fluoride in it.

Edited by Coffey, 05 November 2012 - 01:56 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#2    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostCoffey, on 05 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

*snip*

I don't like the fact that fluoride is added to drinking water, however I don't buy into the "mind control" aspects of it.  I believe it should be my choice and not have "big brother" dictate what goes into my body.

The warning on toothpaste says "if more than a normal amount" is swallowed that would be significantly more than you are consuming in drinking water.  Warnings such as that are usually there, at least in part, to minimize legal liability to the manufacturer.  I expect what they have in mind there is if a child were to "drink" most of a tube of toothpaste...which unfortunately is quite common.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 05 November 2012 - 04:17 PM.
Deleted redundant quote

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,116 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

*snip*

Look up Texas Teeth and tell me how these folks aren't dead if fluoride in drinking water is so "deadly"?

Once you do that, give this a listen:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4058

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 05 November 2012 - 04:18 PM.
Deleted redundant quote

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,993 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I don't like the fact that fluoride is added to drinking water, however I don't buy into the "mind control" aspects of it.  I believe it should be my choice and not have "big brother" dictate what goes into my body.

The warning on toothpaste says "if more than a normal amount" is swallowed that would be significantly more than you are consuming in drinking water.  Warnings such as that are usually there, at least in part, to minimize legal liability to the manufacturer.  I expect what they have in mind there is if a child were to "drink" most of a tube of toothpaste...which unfortunately is quite common.

I must agree.  I am skeptical of the mind control angle, but if it turned out to be true, I would not be surprised.

I've been exposed to so much of it over the years that I must be somehow "flouridated."  Nowadays I try to avoid it by using the right toothpaste and drinking the right water.

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I feel it's a violation really.

I get that aspect, but consider how much tap water people are told to drink in a day, then consider how much fluoride that is.

Also take into consideration how you are brushing it onto your gums which is actually the quickest way for something to enter your blood stream. People do this to quickly test drugs like cocaine.

I don't believe it's mind control, but it is also found in most anti depressants. (mostly the ones referred to as "downers" for calming people) So I wouldn't say "mind control". Just making people docile and susceptible, reduces free thinking.

Look at the IQ thing in the video as well.

View PostRafterman, on 05 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Look up Texas Teeth and tell me how these folks aren't dead if fluoride in drinking water is so "deadly"?

Once you do that, give this a listen:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4058

He just says the exact thing that the video and others says is a lie. It's a link to a site specifically for skeptics. Also you mention Texas? The most patriotic and susceptible state in the US to the government?! Doesn't really help your argument. LOL

View PostBabe Ruth, on 05 November 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

I must agree.  I am skeptical of the mind control angle, but if it turned out to be true, I would not be surprised.

I've been exposed to so much of it over the years that I must be somehow "flouridated."  Nowadays I try to avoid it by using the right toothpaste and drinking the right water.

I covered the "mind control" bit in my other reply^

It's weird but I used to live in Birmingham UK where the water has fluoride in it and it was when I moved to Noriwch UK which doesn't have fluoride int he water that I started to "think" more about stuff, then when I changed to non fluoride toothpaste it has made even more of a difference.

I do think that isn't a coincidence.

#6    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Unfortunately there is no evidence to support the Nazi claim.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#7    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I don't see it being a big deal. Personally think since most already use toothpaste we should end it just to save the money. Otherwise gets a big 'meh' from me.

As for swallowing toothpaste as a kid I use to eat some of it because I liked the taste. I'm still alive and not mind controled.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,804 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostCoffey, on 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

I get that aspect, but consider how much tap water people are told to drink in a day, then consider how much fluoride that is.

We aren't told specifically to drink tap water. We are told to drink water with no specification regarding its origins. Here in the US most people probably drink bottled water.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#9    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 05 November 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

We aren't told specifically to drink tap water. We are told to drink water with no specification regarding its origins. Here in the US most people probably drink bottled water.
a lot of bottled water has fluoride added. check the labels.

#10    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,052 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I have to ask the question... with so many people drinking glasses and glasses of this poison every day, why do we live longer now then we ever have in all of recorded human history?

why, I drank some today!

Here in the US most people probably drink bottled water.

I suspect that is absolutely false.

It's weird but I used to live in Birmingham UK where the water has fluoride in it and it was when I moved to Noriwch UK which doesn't have fluoride int he water that I started to "think" more about stuff, then when I changed to non fluoride toothpaste it has made even more of a difference.

I do think that isn't a coincidence.

I think you are just highly susceptible to suggestion.

Also you mention Texas? The most patriotic and susceptible state in the US to the government?! Doesn't really help your argument. LOL

Right, I mean, we all see how much texans love Obama and how they are HUGE fans of big government...

#11    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

What are your views and do you drink tap water with fluoride in it?
its not just tap water.
you also have to factor in other stuff that you drink and eat, juices, beer, watery food etc. where were they bottled?
chances are you are drinking fluoride.

#12    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostCorp, on 05 November 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm still alive and not mind controled.
how would you know?

#13    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostCorp, on 05 November 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

As for swallowing toothpaste as a kid I use to eat some of it because I liked the taste. I'm still alive and not mind controled.

Well yes you are alive, but then that doesn't make a difference if we where talking about population control and it would mean you are a lucky one. lol I never mentioned killing people though.

I also never mentioned mind control but then you couldn't prove you are not under "mind control". lol

However I am guessing you do buy things that are advertised and follow the views of what the media and the goverment says without really questioning it yes?

View PostLittle Fish, on 05 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

its not just tap water.
you also have to factor in other stuff that you drink and eat, juices, beer, watery food etc. where were they bottled?
chances are you are drinking fluoride.

Yeah sorry I never mentioned that, was jsut more concerned about something you don't have a choice in. You can choose to buy those things tap water is different. But you are correct.

#14    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostLittle Fish, on 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

how would you know?

Given that I don't have an unquestioned love for all things government I think it's safe to say I'm ok.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#15    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,923 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

my kids were singled out at school because i refused the flouride treatment they had implemented. we used flouride toothpaste, our city water was flouridated, so i didn't see the point.
this was in the late 1980s - it seemed they were force feeding these treatments in schools across the province where i lived, perhaps even over the entire country, i'm not sure.
it bothered me then, and this sort of stuff still bothers me.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

Also tagged with flouride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users