Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Hackivists set up Guy Fawkes protest

guy fawkes anonymous hacktivist

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 22 May 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

What? The Hactivists? hacking Lady Gaga's website? Gosh, yes, fighting for OUR freedom.
Go, Hactivists! Freedom firghters for OUR freedom and OUR tomorrows! They'll overthrow the forces of oppression!

:rolleyes:

Nooo... lol I just meant in general from the comment I quoted. As I said though, Lady Gaga has a wider audience of people who will get the point... Or probably not because they are Lady Gaga fans. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postshrooma, on 21 May 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

when i'm txting friends, we do it in dialect, as if we were speaking to each other, but if I tried doing that on here, they'd probably bar me, thinking i'm a glue-sniffer or something!!
:-)

LOL. Check this out:

In 1850 when a second edition of Wuthering Heights was due for republishing, Charlotte Brontë decided to edit the original text published by Thomas Cautley Newby, including punctuation and Joseph's thick Yorkshire dialect. Writing to her publisher W.S. Williams, she mentions that "It seems to me advisable to modify the orthography of the old servant Joseph’s speeches; for though, as it stands, it exactly renders the Yorkshire dialect to a Yorkshire ear, yet I am sure Southerns must find it unintelligible; and thus one of the most graphic characters in the book is lost on them."

Taken from http://en.wikipedia....thering_heights

Wuthering Heights (parts of) by Emily Brontë (note that this is very old-fashioned Haworth dialect)

#18    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,165 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostKowalski, on 22 May 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

LOL. Check this out:

Taken from http://en.wikipedia....thering_heights

Wuthering Heights (parts of) by Emily Brontë (note that this is very old-fashioned Haworth dialect)
Oh dear, yes, D. H. LAwrence's books are full of that kind of thing. "'Appen, Miss Katie, t'is naw gud mitherin, an' all an' all, so it is, already". That kind of thing.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

Also tagged with guy fawkes, anonymous, hacktivist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users