Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama threatens ‘Judeo-Christian values'

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,782 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Washington Post said:

On a conference call Sunday, republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan aimed to energize evangelical voters by laying out the stakes of the election in dramatic, religious terms.

Obama’s policies on health care and religious freedom are a “dangerous path,” Ryan, a Catholic, told members of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, according to the New York Times. “It’s a path that grows government, restricts freedom and liberty and compromises those values, those Judeo-Christian, Western civilization values that made us such a great and exceptional nation in the first place.”

Ryan noted that members of his church sued the Obama administration over a mandate that most employers cover contraception.

Read more

I guess he meant mostly the value" Giveth unto the rich what you taketh from the poor" or something like that ...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Give them time and they will figure out a way to blame Obama for Christs crucifixion.

#3    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostHilander, on 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Give them time and they will figure out a way to blame Obama for Christs crucifixion.

Didn't you know, his Roman name was Longinus. :w00t:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,165 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostHilander, on 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

He was there! I read it in the bible. :yes:

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#5    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,163 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

he also once kicked a small puppy. :(

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#6    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,163 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

isn't the name "Faith and Freedom Coalition" ironic, seeing how much these loons want everyone to follow their particular, peculiar interpretation of their holy book?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#7    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Obama's policies are restricting your freedom!  Meanwhile, republicans only want to stop your right to contraception, and abortion, and your ability to choose whom you marry, and your access to affordable healthcare and...

#8    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I remember the bible story that John tells us where a sick person begs Christ to heal them, and christ tells them to get bent and go get their own health insurance.

#9    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,489 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well, that shouldn't be a problem for Obama, then.

After all, he can lay hands on the sick and heal them himself, what with him being the Second Coming and all.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#10    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

wow, what a completely worthless contribution to the discussion.

#11    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,228 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Funny how the Conservatives labelled that 'second coming crap', and then act like Libs were saying it all along.

Ryan just found a clever way to call Obama a muslim is all.

I never could understand how a person who professes and USES his/her faith on the election circuit can then cut the very programs that would help their fellow 'christians'.  Where is the disconnect?  It is the utmost in hypocritical actions.

#12    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

GET RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS!!!

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,211 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 05 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

wow, what a completely worthless contribution to the discussion.
I don't know about that, the way Obama's been presented internationally, his followers are shown to look upon him like a messiah.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#14    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,028 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

I don't know about that, the way Obama's been presented internationally, his followers are shown to look upon him like a messiah.

So it isn't just me, Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno, David Letterman,...etc who see this?

#15    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,335 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 05 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

GET RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS!!!
I'm Canadian and I don't have a CLUE what religion our political leaders follow, if any. It doesn't come up at election time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users