Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

21/12/2012... According... Shambhala Oracle

2012 end of atime

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 5,561 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

This galactic alignment crap is just that.
Do any of those new agers who are waiting for "harmony" with the galaxy or whatever such nonsense ever bother to research a little astronomy?  The Earth and the Sun 'align' with the galactic center TWICE every year. Plus, despite what this crap they peddle, there aren't going to be any planetary alignments for quite some time.

It's sad how just a tiny bit of science debunks all this trash, but very few are willing to learn.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."


"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."


RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#47    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,666 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 16 November 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

This galactic alignment crap is just that.
Do any of those new agers who are waiting for "harmony" with the galaxy or whatever such nonsense ever bother to research a little astronomy?  The Earth and the Sun 'align' with the galactic center TWICE every year. Plus, despite what this crap they peddle, there aren't going to be any planetary alignments for quite some time.

It's sad how just a tiny bit of science debunks all this trash, but very few are willing to learn.

You do realize the harmonic trash they are peddling is Love, right? The message is the important part, not the science of the unscientific. They are just looking for a justification for their message of peace and harmony between us all. Those snakes in the grass.

I see what you think the sad part is. I found your reply saddening, given the above.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#48    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 5,561 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

View Post_Only, on 16 November 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

You do realize the harmonic trash they are peddling is Love, right? The message is the important part, not the science of the unscientific. They are just looking for a justification for their message of peace and harmony between us all. Those snakes in the grass.

I see what you think the sad part is. I found your reply saddening, given the above.

Well I guess I'm just going to continue to sadden you. The garbage they are peddling is all based on lies and falsified information. Why not point out how unique and rare (as far as we know) human are and how insignificant we are in the Universe? Explain how small and fragile we are an how our entire existence is based upon the interdependent relationships that we as a species create with one another and how we can strive for something better by coming together.

I think that would be a much better message than "Planets are lining up! Love!"

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."


"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."


RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#49    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,666 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 16 November 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Explain how small and fragile we are an how our entire existence is based upon the interdependent relationships that we as a species create with one another and how we can strive for something better by coming together.

That's the same message. Maybe you should try looking for the similarities you share with the people who disgust you, instead of focusing on the differences. You might make your way onto a bridge. It makes me wonder how much you really buy into that message you just stated above, because you seem to enjoy and thrive doing the exact opposite here.

Edited by _Only, 16 November 2012 - 07:09 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#50    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 5,561 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

View Post_Only, on 16 November 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

That's the same message. Maybe you should try looking for the similarities you share with the people who disgust you,
To be fair, I never said that they disgust me (I don't think so, at least). I'm just flabbergasted by their ignorance.

Quote

instead of focusing on the differences. You might make your way onto a bridge.
It makes me wonder how much you really buy into that message you just stated above,
One is new age hippy crap filled with lies and pseudo science, the other is the reality of the world that we live in. I go where the facts lead me. That's it. I'm not a messenger.

Quote

because you seem to enjoy and thrive doing the exact opposite here.
That's because stupidity offends me. In this day and age and with the resources available (to those in first world countries) there is no reason to be as stupid an ill informed as some are.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 16 November 2012 - 07:58 AM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."


"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."


RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users