Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Woman sees her cat's ghost

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

http://www.catster.c...tm_medium=email

It's a nice story all around.
My girl Morticia ,who lived to be 24,came to visit me twice after she died  .

Miss me?

#2    RA12

RA12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Wow that story teared me up!! So sweet!

#3    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

My girl Morticia ,who lived to be 24,came to visit me twice after she died  .

That's nice.

I haven't been visited by my little friend so far, though.

I'm not too sure about ghosts.

Edited by Mnemonix, 06 November 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Here are more ghostly animal stories .
http://www.pawnation...-ghost-stories/

Miss me?

#5    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Here are more ghostly animal stories .
http://www.pawnation...-ghost-stories/

I do like a good ghost story :passifier:

#6    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

What a pleasure to read about such a majestic kitty cat :D I have yet to see my beauty of a dog that passed a few years ago but I hope she visits one day :)

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

So I'd be interested to hear an explanation of how animals have "ghosts" given the typical conventional wisdom on what a ghost is.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#8    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,115 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. i've always suspected that Cats are in contact with whatever further dimensions there are beyond this one, and my personal theory regarding Ghosts is that that's what they are, only in reverse; they normally inhabit dimensions slightly beyond ours but intersect with ours on occasion.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostRafterman, on 08 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

So I'd be interested to hear an explanation of how animals have "ghosts" given the typical conventional wisdom on what a ghost is.
In my world,all beings that live,have a soul .Souls can be reincarnated into things other than humans . If they chose to remain this way to say hi to a loved one ,it is that souls prerogative.
I have cats that come back to me repeatedly ,reincarnated . I believe some animals are guardian spirits . We think we rescue them,and it is truely the opposite .

Miss me?

#10    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

There's probably more reports of seeing animals in homes who are long dead than seeing people.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#11    Missi NuNu

Missi NuNu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• I'm quite a wise girl, or maybe I just love bullsh*t. People like bullsh*t, especially when it's adorned with fancy olives and lemon twists for show.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

*Sigh* My cat has been gone since March 2011 when she died in my arms. It was the hardest day. I still wish I could have some sort of visit from her. I miss her so much!

"Be famous. Be a big social experiment in getting what you don't want. Find value in what we've been taught is worthless. Find good in what the world says is evil. Find what you're afraid of most and go live there."

— Chuck Palahniuk
i like your pitch. it's an interesting metaphor.

Posted Image

#12    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,149 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Okay I know this is about cats, but I had a visit from the dog that was my very own when I was in my 20s. She visited me the day she died.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostMissi NuNu, on 13 November 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

*Sigh* My cat has been gone since March 2011 when she died in my arms. It was the hardest day. I still wish I could have some sort of visit from her. I miss her so much!
Awww,I'm so sorry . Not all of them come back . Morticia hasn't come back since 2006,but I think she's been reincarnated .

Miss me?

#14    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 199 posts

• Be gentle with me, I'm sensitive

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Do you think a cat's soul could come back as a human?

I ask as I can't describe in words how much I loved my cat (who I had from when I was age 10 into my adulthood aged 27).  I farewelled her by holding her in my arms as a dear friend (vet) made her gently go to sleep.  I sobbed and sobbed that day.  Truly, the grief was overwhelming.  She was the softest, most easy-going moggy who was just lovely.

It would be lovely to think that she is still here with me in some way.

I don't have a cat though...  :no:

#15    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostRafterman, on 08 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

An explanation on how they couldn't be ghosts, given the typical conventional ideas on what a ghost is would be more warranted, I'd think. The belief that a part (call it a shadow) of a being is left behind in a place it remembers well or fondly can span all species. The belief that a deadly event happens in a being's life and a piece of them is left behind here in the confusion of sudden life to death could span all species. The belief that an intense feeling of separation or love from the owner of the pet could trigger the mind to see them appear before their eyes at moments is another possible explanation. I hope this satisfies your question, but I can give more if you'd like.

Your cat beat my dad and step mom's cat by 2 years. I hope your cat didn't go as senile as theirs did toward the very end, though. It was sometimes funny, sometimes maddening, and often sad.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users