Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Clear video of UFO's responding to lasers

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View Postbee, on 08 November 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

@ synchronomy.....that was quick... :D .....but they are not a very good match for the OP video clip...sorry :hmm:

...well no, that would be illegal.
Paraphrased from a hangliding forum:

"I asked my dad what did the FAA do if they caught you breaking the rules?

He said: "They don't catch you breaking the rules. They just pull your body out of the wreckage".

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#92    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Interesting but not convincing. I've seen satellites dim then suddenly get bright, it's just them hitting a good angle for sunlight to reflect off them for a moment. I've also seen this with the ISS. Could be flares, planes, birds, meteors. Depending on which object was being filmed.

Not going to take much interest unless the object stop and move, make turns, etc. Cant say they are or arnt ships but theres to many other explanations for what they could be.

As for the V formation video, those are birds, geece probably.

#93    uprize

uprize

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I dont think its a hang-glider either.
A hang glider has much larger wing span that the object in the video.

#94    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,910 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#95    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,714 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

breaking news....

pilot of the Mysterious Triangle Craft has come forward and confessed. Case Closed.

Posted Image

(I'm bored with arguing about dots now...)

#96    uprize

uprize

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Postbee, on 09 November 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

breaking news....

pilot of the Mysterious Triangle Craft has come forward and confessed. Case Closed.

Posted Image

(I'm bored with arguing about dots now...)

That picture is totally unbelievable.
There are no lights underneath it!

#97    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,714 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View Postuprize, on 09 November 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

That picture is totally unbelievable.
There are no lights underneath it!

c'mon

It's DAYTIME.....he hasn't got them switched on.... :rolleyes:

#98    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I still think hang glider is the strongest and most likely explanation for this one, but as is often the case we'll probably never know.

#99    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Don't have to be either: simply put leds on RC, and here ya go...

That is probably the most awesome RC plane I have ever seen.

#100    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,124 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 09 November 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

That is probably the most awesome RC plane I have ever seen.
There are more awesome, I just picked first one.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#101    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

*resists urge to post taxidermy cat rc helicopter*

#102    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

The question I always think when I see these Ufos with lights on them is why would aliens need these lights? If it's a top secret man-made aircraft then again why would they use lights? These sort of videos make me think it's a hoax.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#103    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I see absolutely nothing extraterrestrial in origin about the first video. What I do see is a phenomena known as an "iridium flare", which is a process that occurs when the sun reflects off of the aluminum-plated panels on the satellite.

The mechanism providing the flare/glint are the Main Mission Antenna (MMA) on each of the satellites. These antennas (of which there are three- 120 degrees apart, 188 cm wide x 86 cm long x 4 cm thick each) are highly reflective aluminum flat plates (treated with silver-coated Teflon for thermal control) that are angled 40 degrees away from the axis of the body of the satellite. Here are detailed viewsof the satellite taken at the NASM. Daniel Deakalso provides photos taken at the NASM.
The axis of the satellite body is maintained vertical to the Earth's surface. It is the maintenance of the operational satellite's axial and longitudinal position that allows the flares to be predicted.
On November 15, 2000 it was announced that Iridium Satellite LLCwill take over the assets of Iridium LLC and maintain the constellation in orbit. Details of the purchase can be found at SpaceFlightNow.Com.
On December 12, 2000, Iridium Satellite LLC announced additional satellite launches for 7 more satellites. Tentatively planned was a launch in late 2001 by a Delta II with five satellites. The launch date was later moved to early 2002. There is also a Russian launch tentatively planned in June 2002 with two satellites. The goal is to maintain 6 orbital planes with 11 operable satellites per plane along with two or more spares per plane.
The plate or MMA can provide a direct (specular) reflection of the sun's disk. This specular reflection is only tens of kilometers wide at the Earth's surface. In order to see a very bright reflection, the observer must be within this relatively small area. Prediction programsare available to determine this area.
The three sided (similar to an equilateral triangle) satellites themselves are not very large, approximately 4 meters long and less than one meter in width.
Alan Rohwer, a SeeSat-L subscriber, provided the initial construction details and provides additional information on the construction of the satellite which may account for unexplained reflections not predicted by the flaring prediction programs.

http://www.satobs.org/iridium.html

Secondly, it does not change trajectory; not only that, but it maintains the same speed throughout the video.

In the following videos, explanations such as bugs, misidentified aircraft, weather balloons, dust particles, etc. etc. etc. will suffice.

Next.

Edited by Alienated Being, 12 November 2012 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users