Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is structure in Cianjur older than pyramids ?

Saru

A man-made structure buried under Mount Padang in Cianjur could be one of the oldest ever found.

A recent analysis of carbon-dating by the Miami-based Beta Analytic Lab has apparently validated findings by a government-sanctioned team that a man-made structure, buried under Mount Padang in Cianjur, West Java, is older than the Giza pyramid.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• me-wonders

• DieChecker

• The_Spartan

• Nasty Gash

Definately an excavation needed

Edited by Welsh Shaun

I wonder what technologies they've used to see through the soil. Perhaps that shotgun attached to a tire that is used to find fossils(?). This article definetly needs more details.

I just did a search on Beta Analytic's website..two of them to be exact...no search returns...

That's just suspicious.

If the structure does prove to be real and older than the pyramids, Beta Analytical would have of course posted in predominantly on their website. Instead we get a suspicious newspaper or an online newspaper article only which has been rehashed on numerous fringe sites and blogs.

What an informative article! What comprehensive journalism! It hypes a "structure" beneath a mountain as being important and ancient yet this is all it says about the "structure" itself...

“Found at the site were blocks of stones which are neatly placed three meters beneath the ground."

Fail.

So then he must think they buried it when this mysterious civilization vanished? This smells like Bosnian Pyramids all over again.

Add this along side Gobekli Tepe & Dwarka, and the archeologists better get their pens out. They've got lots of 'splainin to do'. This indicates a cataclysm at the end of the ice age pointing to earlier civilizations still. Time to go underground & undersea. 400' might be a good start. :yes:

So then he must think they buried it when this mysterious civilization vanished? This smells like Bosnian Pyramids all over again.

Actually now that I look at it, this site at least has real ancient ruins associated with it. The Bosnian pyramids only had a Roman/Medieval structure on the top of the hill, which were already well known and understood.

From the original article:

Carbon-dating test results from the Miami lab show that the structure could date back to 14,000 BC or beyond.

The lab used samples of sand, soil and charcoal found at a depth of between three and 12 meters beneath the mountain’s surface.

Finding charcoal from 12k years ago is not super hard. If the charcoal is co-located with artifacts, that still does not show an ancient structure. It only shows people camped there. Only if man made blocks are found will there be a case for a "Earliest structure". Could very well be that this hill is limestone, or sandstone and what was detected was good, old, honest caves.

From the absolute age determination based on an analysis of radiometric datingumur Flake sample carbon carbon, sambungnya, under the top layer of the site on to the inner court 3-4meter obtained the maximum age (oldest) 4500 BC, in other words the estimated lifespan of the buildings in the upper layer is around 2800-4500 BC.

In the meantime, the building under the surface of the site allegedly powerful older building because the results of the determination of the age of the sample metricdating radio carbon flakes of carbon contained in the cavity in the sand-drill on the terrace of the 5. I.e. on to the inner court between 8-10 meter shows the age (maximum) of around 10,500 BC.

http://www.rmol.co/read/2012/06/28/68876/Tim-Terpadu-Riset-Mandiri:-Gunung-Padang-Truly-Extraordinary- (Written in ??? translated above by Bing)

So, the samples were simply core samples taken of the hill. Probably if they repeated that procedure on 20 other hills in the region they would get the same numbers, or very close.

Interesting site, but unless they can find those hidden rooms and show they are real, I am not going to believe this hill is a structure. Why would the locals build a hill and THEN terrace it? Wouldn't it be easier to simply build several acres of low raised terrace, like is seen in China?

The stones are volcanic

800px-Gunung_Padang_Site.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....Megalithic_Site

Gunung Padang is a megalithic site located in Karyamukti village, Cianjur regency, West Java Province of Indonesia, 50 km south-west of the city of Cianjur or 6 kilometers from Lampegan station. It is the largest megalithic site in South-Eastern Asia.

The existence of the site is mentioned in Rapporten van de Oudheidkundige Dienst (ROD, "Report of the Department of Antiquities") in 1914. The Dutch historian N. J. Krom also mentioned it in 1949. Employees of National Archeology Research Centre visited the site in 1979 for a study of archaeology, history and geology.

Located at 885 metres above see level, the site covers a hill in a series of terraces bordered by retaining walls of stone that are accessed by successive steps (about 400 andesit steps = 95 metres). It is covered with massive rectangular stones of volcanic origin. Local people consider the place as sacred and believe the site as a result of King Siliwangi attempt to build a palace in one night. The asymmetric Punden Berundak is facing up to northwest, to Mount Gede,[1] meaned constructed for the purpose of worship and built in a position that has been noticed geomantic and astromantic factors. Based on megalith shape the site is built in 1,500 years Before Christ.[2]

The site looks like this one in Peru

614px-80_-_Machu_Picchu_-_Juin_2009_-_edit.2.jpg

Edited by me-wonders

Sure the stones are volcanic, but what kind of stone is the hill made of? Even if it was volcanic, the hollows might be lava bubbles or lava tubes.

Here is an even better site. It doesn't matter what the mountain is made of, and this site will help you see the possibility that it is a man made pryamid. The U tube is in Indonesian, not English but all the information presented, paints a possible connection with other civilizations including Atlantis. because of the possible connections between the pryamids in Egypt and Peru, and the connection of this temple site and the one in Peru, I am believing the possibility of these sites being colonies of a forgotten civilization.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread880575/pg1

Curiosity lead me to google "oldest human remains" and the are found in the region near Indonesia.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1814442.html

Newfound pieces of human skull from "the Cave of the Monkeys" in Laos are the earliest skeletal evidence yet that humans once had an ancient, rapid migration to Asia.

Anatomically modern humans first arose about 200,000 years ago in Africa. When and how our lineage then dispersed out of Africa has long proven controversial.

Archaeological evidence and genetic data suggest that modern humans rapidly migrated out of Africa and into Southeast Asia by at least 60,000 years ago. However, complicating this notion is the notable absence of fossil evidence for modern human occupation in mainland Southeast Asia, likely because those bones do not survive well in the warm, tropical region.

Now a partial skull from Tam Pa Ling, "the Cave of the Monkeys" in northern Laos helps fill in this mysterious gap in the fossil record. [See Photos of "Monkey Cave" Fossils]

This information goes with questions about human evolution, and I think the idea that we spent a period of time in the water, makes sense. The path from Africa to Loas and Indonesia is along coast. The point being, if the migration out of Africa resulted in modern man evolving in coastal areas, we might expect to find the oldest civilization along this route.

Edited by me-wonders

Here is an even better site. It doesn't matter what the mountain is made of, and this site will help you see the possibility that it is a man made pryamid. The U tube is in Indonesian, not English but all the information presented, paints a possible connection with other civilizations including Atlantis. because of the possible connections between the pryamids in Egypt and Peru, and the connection of this temple site and the one in Peru, I am believing the possibility of these sites being colonies of a forgotten civilization.

http://www.abovetops...hread880575/pg1

You linked to an Above Top Secret thread. Did you have a particular post (with a youtube link) in mind?

The thread itself is just a retelling of the article plus the Wiki, plus the super easily found fringe stuff I've already found. Nothing that is convincing that there is a 10,000 year old structure here. If anything there is a much younger burial tomb perhaps dug into the hill. Perhaps dating to the time of the stonework on top, about 1500 BC, or... about 1000 years After the Giza pyramids.

Finding ancient carbon is not especially hard. Forest Fires were common and no one was there to put them out.

Edited by DieChecker

The Above Top Secret link connects with several U tube videos. If you watch through the first one, you can choose the one especially about the pyramid. But these are Indonesian videos, so I don't know what they are saying, another one explaning the Atlantis connection has Indonesian words flashed but not voice. This is frustrating but I don't know of any better u tube videos.

Let's hope that someone in Indonesia is able to get permission to dig and they put in a very narrow shaft to these chambers and see what is what. If they are a real human made structure, I'm sure Indonesia would love to have the claim to oldest structure. And, if it turns out to be a natural hill, then no harm done to a natural hill by digging into it.

Any one read Immanuel Velikovsky's World's in Collision; Ages in Chaos; Earth in Upheaval ?

Good stuff, Maynerd.

I wonder what technologies they've used to see through the soil. Perhaps that shotgun attached to a tire that is used to find fossils(?). This article definetly needs more details.

That was a movie thing.

Ground penetrating radar would be able to give us an idea of of shape, if there's anything there.