Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are Mormons a cult ?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Mormonism is a religion, they see their Belief System as the True Christianity, they have their own cosmology like any other religion.

The word Cult comes from the Latin cultus "worship", from the adjective cultus "inhabited, cultivated, worshipped", derived from the verb colere "care, cultivate".

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#47    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

I went to rockaway nyc today,to help with clean up and so forth .
The place does look like a bomb hit it . Rows and rows of burned charred rubble,that used to be homes and stores.
Endless sanitation truck,as there is so much debris to be removed.

Guess who was going house to house,helping these poor people empty out tons...TONS of debris .Up and down staircases ,for hours.
Mormons. Groups of Mormons were going block by block ,helping people ,just clean ,for hours .

They refused money ,and just did it ,to HELP .

I didn't see any scientologists on the island .
Duh

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#48    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

"The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult

According to this definition, every religion is a cult. I hang around Mormons and to me, they are far more gullible and sinister.

Posted Image

#49    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

They are all cults, but somewhere along the line the word cult has been deemed to mean part of a satanic group....just like the pagans. When i mention the word pagan, most people relate it to witchcraft and black magic...which is not the case at all.
When jesus started out, (alledgedly) it would  have been as a cult..surely?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#50    Alannis

Alannis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• You can't walk on water without faith of a thousand suns.

Im not going to tell you how to live your life i'm only going to suggest how you should.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

The Mormons are as much of a cult as any other religion.  Just because they have different beliefs doesn't make them one. Yes they practice different things, but they are still extraordinary people with very kind hearts. The masons aren't cults either. Some of the most famous people in history were Masons. It's not a cult it's a misunderstood belief system.

#51    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

All religions at high level align to Sirius and Alnilam, usaully in a passive manner by event and buildings, all religions have a few bad people who align terrorist actions but i wouldn't smear all by actions of the few....like all religion Mormons are not perfect, what happened below, was aligned to Alnilam on 11th September 1857, but by that measure it is stupid to think they were connected to 11th September 2001 that was aligned the same way:-

http://en.wikipedia....eadows_massacre

We should never blame one group for the beliefs of many esoteric groups!

#52    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 08 November 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Not any stranger than drinking wine to represent blood, and pretending to eat the flesh of a slaughtered savior or any other of the different Christian practices from snake handling to cutting peices of little babies penus off. It's all the same to me.

What's wrong with getting your own planet anyway? There are plenty of them out there. I'll pass on the multiple wives thing though... That sounds more like hell :devil:
I guess the Catholics teach cannibalism by drinking blood and flesh of Jesus --- but most Christians do not believe that  but believe what the Bible says --- the wine is a symbol of the blood and the wine is drank "IN REMEMBRANCE" of Jesus shedding His blood. Likewise, the bread is eaten as bread as a symbol of the body of Jesus "IN REMEMBRANCE" of dying on the cross for His people.

The weird things being rejected by you is the same that is rejected by most Christians. I guess Catholics stand alone on that one. At least I don't know of any other Christian group that believes that.
God bless us all is my prayer.

#53    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 08 November 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

What's wrong with getting your own planet anyway? There are plenty of them out there. I'll pass on the multiple wives thing though... That sounds more like hell :devil:
What's wrong with it? It ain't true. That's what's wrong with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users