Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"I'm Voting Republican"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,594 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

The points made in the clip might be a bit sharpened but has anything changed really, and/or will they ever? And if some change is made, how long will it last?

Some may argue that on some of the issues in, the clip, its more of a Republocratic or Demopublican grey-scale, and the two parties are just pooling in the middle making rhetoric for show.
Others may argue that the system is so gridlocked and divided that just minuscule changes in either direction can ever be achieved.

On some issues, since cash is king, change will never come, and issues never be resolved.
A land, forever, separately united.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

I voted democrat.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

I didn't vote.

Yet.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,594 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostHilander, on 06 November 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I voted democrat.

The name of the topic was taken from the title of the video-clip "I'm Voting Republican", not a personal stance-taking. :D
Good for you, for voting. Many seems to not bother at all.

View PostLady Kasey, on 06 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

I didn't vote.

yet

Its better to vote blank than to not bother at all. A blank vote is a message, not voting as all is like not caring.

Edited by EllJay, 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#5    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Maybe if the Republicans would be more socially liberal, I'd consider a vote for one or two of the one's I agree with.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#6    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Get almost the same regardless, so, might as well go with the lesser of the evils whoever you think that may be.

#7    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Get almost the same regardless, so, might as well go with the lesser of the evils whoever you think that may be.
That's why I voted Libertarian.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostEllJay, on 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Its better to vote blank than to not bother at all. A blank vote is a message, not voting as all is like not caring.

'Yet' implies that I have every intention of doing so. My view is that there is no politician in the entire world that is worth my forfeiting sleep to get up before work to vote. I will vote when I get off work.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,356 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

MY GOD .... Hasina has gone Super-Saiyan!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,841 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostEllJay, on 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

The name of the topic was taken from the title of the video-clip "I'm Voting Republican", not a personal stance-taking. :D
Good for you, for voting. Many seems to not bother at all.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,841 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    Rut Roh

Rut Roh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

MY GOD .... Hasina has gone Super-Saiyan!

Was wondering what that was reminding me of... you nailed it.  LOL

#13    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,594 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

This is what 9 Senators, who were stepping down from office, had to say in a round-talk meeting about the dysfunctional senate back in 1995!!

That pales to what's going on today.
Today it is a -" **** you, I wont even talk to you"-atmosphere.

No wonder nothing happens...at all....ever.

#14    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'm not voting,Why,Cause one canidate is worse than the other,Not one of the people who are running for office is worth squat.Everyone can say that I don't care.well I guess I don't,I dont care about any of those fools who lie,cheat,and steal our rights .And the list of canidates looks like a list of criminals which to me they are. Not going to vote another wakko in the office just to hear and see someone lie to the people,Wish there was a way to run this country with out some fool in the office and with out having to look at another country for help.We can do it by ourselves,Where are the Linclons and Washingtons who so loved the country,It's not like that anymore,the faithfull are going to be heart broken.If our forfathers could see us now they would hang their heads in shame.JMO

#15    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostEllJay, on 06 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

This is what 9 Senators, who were stepping down from office, had to say in a round-talk meeting about the dysfunctional senate back in 1995!!

That pales to what's going on today.
Today it is a -" **** you, I wont even talk to you"-atmosphere.

No wonder nothing happens...at all....ever.

Man.Thank you,too bad they wont show that again on nation wide TV.it is sad what has become of this,so so sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users