Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostEldorado, on 06 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I disagree.  It's vengeance and the Judge is a disgrace, in my opinion of course.

I have to agree with you on this El. There are better ways to punish her with out humiliating her. Impound her car and suspend her license for 6 months. Make her do community service for the school washing school buses or crossing guard duty. The judge should be able to come up with a more intelligent way to teach her a lesson that does not involve degrading and embarrassing her.

All that aside...that made me laugh lol what goes through some people's minds? I had to drive on the sidewalk your honor, there was a school bus and a bunch of kids blocking the road and I didn't want to hit them ahaha that is pretty amazing!

#47    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 November 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

Have you all seen the videos of her doing it ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .They set up a sting to nail her,because she did it ,every day .
Not even police cars or ambulances drive up on the sidewalk,unless its an absolute emergency . if there was a school bus,where its illegal to pass AT ALL ,when kids are getting on or off ,not even an emergency vehicle would pass.
Instead of finding a route that didnt irritate her,she drove around the bus,onto the sidewalk,where kids could be ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .
Anyone here have kids ? Nieces ,god kids. Would you want this idiot driving near their school bus ? Ever ?.....in my opinion,she's an absolute moron ,and should be made to wear the sign ,and cross kids at school crossings,for a year .
As well as fined. I dont think the  judge  was out of line,at all.

Absolutely!  She has no respect for children's safety, she does not deserve any from society.  And watch her lawyer when asked if she wants to say anything as an excuse for her actions.  Poor guy, he says she has an excuse...but...
She is an idiot and IMO should never be allowed ti get behind thr wheel if a car ever again.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#48    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,493 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostViviana98, on 10 November 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

I have to agree with you on this El. There are better ways to punish her with out humiliating her. Impound her car and suspend her license for 6 months. Make her do community service for the school washing school buses or crossing guard duty. The judge should be able to come up with a more intelligent way to teach her a lesson that does not involve degrading and embarrassing her.

A full weekend in a jail cell usually sobers idiots up.  I dunno why the cops never done that the second time they saw her do it.

Edited by Eldorado, 10 November 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostEldorado, on 10 November 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

A full weekend in a jail cell usually sobers idiots up.  I dunno why the cops never done that the second time they saw her do it.

In the USA ,the following things are illegal :
Passing a school bus,AT ALL,while children are embarking,or debarking
Driving on the sidewalk .

Both are moving violations,which can lose you your drivers license . You don't get jail time for it,unless you kill someone .

Sad but true . Best to humiliate a completely devoid of ethics fool ,before they do kill someone .
She was a complete danger to everyone ,and a nuisance . She's lucky her license wasn't revoked as well .

If you can't do the time,don't do the crime.

Only civilians witnessed this,until someone brought the cops the video .Then they set up the sting to catch her .

This vid shows her doing it two different times ,and in one she even goes around another car .
MORON

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 11 November 2012 - 07:37 AM.

Miss me?

#50    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

She was probably just trying to be a creative problem solver :cat:

#51    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,493 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 11 November 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

In the USA ,the following things are illegal :
Passing a school bus,AT ALL,while children are embarking,or debarking
Driving on the sidewalk .

Both are moving violations,which can lose you your drivers license . You don't get jail time for it,unless you kill someone .

I wasn't talking about 'prison time'.  I was meaning that the cops could have arrested her on a friday late afternoon and kept her in a cell without the comforts of prison, or visitors or anyone to talk to, or a smoke until monday morning when a Judge can verbally kick her backside.  The cops here in the UK use this technique on folk they would love to punch, but I thought it was universal.

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Considering that she no longer has punishment of any sort..   If she was offered a choice  - Impounding her car and loss of licence  ... OR wear an idiot sign for a couple of days...What do you think she would plump for?

If I was so stupid and did what she did....and I had to choose?  I would wear the sign  a lot faster than have my good car impounded and my licence suspended.. In fact, I would be grateful  my car and licence were not touched...

The punishments of having her license  taken and her car impounded.. would seem a lot harsher  than wearing an idiot sign for a short spell..   I am willing to bet she was glad she got off lightly..  

I really do not  understand how anyone can call getting off lightly by only having to wear a sign for a short time,  rather than facing stronger punishments from the law.. is wrong... The punishment might be a tad humiliating, ( then again so is community service ) .. but I think she was glad it was not anything worse..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 November 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#53    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

She shouldn't have been given a choice.

They should have impounded her car and taken her license.

Keep that loser off the road IMO.

#54    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 12 November 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

She shouldn't have been given a choice.

They should have impounded her car and taken her license.

Keep that loser off the road IMO.
It is only a matter of time before she drives like an idiot again.  Bad habits just about always start creeping back in and since this woman thinks only of herself...

#55    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,211 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-130912390.html

http://news.yahoo.co...#video=31109249

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
Jewish gematria # 629:
The holy bible
Demonic inspiration

#56    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 14 November 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

From the article... - "She did this almost every day last year," Kelley said. "She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this."
It seems to me  she wont find it funny again ..  She must have thought her actions were funny ..sad woman

My opinion still stand, she deserved the sign... BUT  I don't understand why  they needed a camera and people around her?  Either way, she shouldn't have laughed at every court appearance   and she could have shown  some remorse.. If she had of, maybe she wouldn't have to hold the sign

#57    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 November 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

From the article... - "She did this almost every day last year," Kelley said. "She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this."
It seems to me  she wont find it funny again ..  She must have thought her actions were funny ..sad woman

My opinion still stand, she deserved the sign... BUT  I don't understand why  they needed a camera and people around her?  Either way, she shouldn't have laughed at every court appearance   and she could have shown  some remorse.. If she had of, maybe she wouldn't have to hold the sign
can't a person be cited for contempt of court for laughing during the proceedings?
i really feel this woman should lose her driver's license permanently. she won't care about the sign. it's a big joke to her probably.
she is a danger to others, not a spectacle to leer at on the corner.

#58    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostJGirl, on 14 November 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

can't a person be cited for contempt of court for laughing during the proceedings?
i really feel this woman should lose her driver's license permanently
. she won't care about the sign. it's a big joke to her probably.
she is a danger to others, not a spectacle to leer at on the corner.

I agree.  If she couldn't take it seriously, then she needs something more drastic than the sign to wake her up to the danger that she put those children, not to mention pedestrians and other drivers in.

#59    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I agree with both of you   JGirl and Glorybebe

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 14 November 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#60    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 November 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I agree with both of you   JGirl and Glorybebe

why, thank you!  great minds.....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users