Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Four more years

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

UNINSTALL ABORTED!!!

America has spoken.

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Must be Vista, it's probably frozen for four years.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

You tried .....
Know what I actually found sad.....not that it changed my mind about him,but Romney's concession speech ,was off the cuff.
Since he didn't write one,he had to speak off the cuff,instead of being rehearsed .
It became apparent ,he always flip flopped,because it seemed as if it was all memorized,and he would forget his lines.
In this last speech ,he spoke as himself,and actually didn't stutter ,and came across as a warm ,likeable guy ,which never came across previously ,in this entire campaign. Not to me anyway .
He's still a corrupt creep ,but he's probably very personable and nice to be around,when he's actually being himself.
Which he never would have been,as president.
My gut feeling on this is,he is not going to go away . He will stay in the spotlight .

Miss me?

#4    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

America HAS spoken.  They wanted Hope and Change.  They wanted ObamaPhones and ObamaBucks and Eternal Welfare with no work requirements and Free HealthCare and Free everything...

...only problem...it isn't free...none of it.    Freedom isn't Free...and now...Freedom....not so much....not...so...much....

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#5    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

The thing that made me sad was watching on CNN where they'd go back in history for a given county and the county would ALWAYS vote red or blue. In other words, if one of the big 2 nominated an inanimate object as a candidate it would receive about 40% of the national vote...

#6    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,623 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

UNINSTALL ABORTED!!!

America has spoken.

Just more proof that what George Carlin said is correct. "Think about how stupid the average person is. Then think that half the people are even stupider."

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#7    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostBama13, on 07 November 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Just more proof that what George Carlin said is correct. "Think about how stupid the average person is. Then think that half the people are even stupider."

Exactly!  Otherwise, the President would have gotten ALL the Electoral Votes...LOL

#8    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I am just glad this crap is over. I hate politics to begins with as they are all the same so now I don't have to hear about it 24/7

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#9    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#10    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 07 November 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

lol
Well empires do have a better track record than democracies ;)

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#11    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,582 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

UNINSTALL ABORTED!!!

America has spoken.

Posted Image

Plain and simple!!!!

Some people woke up realizing they had foot-in-mouth disease today.
The whole working-force at FOX News is twisting and squirming in anguish.

That is satisfaction, but it is just icing on the cake,
The real joy lies elsewhere.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#12    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostEllJay, on 07 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Plain and simple!!!!

They had Gingrich on CNN this morning. He predicted Romney to get over 300 electoral votes and 53% of the popular vote. Like Bill Maher always says, the Repubs have their own little bubble and their facts are different than outside the bubble.

Edit: True story...Sunday night at work the paper boy (he is in his mid 40s,) who consider himself a Libertarian (he actually said that with his nose up in the air,) said that Romney would win big and the reason I do not think so is because I do not understand a statistical analysis.

Edited by HuttonEtAl, 07 November 2012 - 02:36 PM.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...

#13    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 2,019 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

This is my take.  My guy didn't get the 5% I really-really hoped he would get which would allow us Libertarians to be on a different playing field in 2016.

But....

I am going to be an American. I am going to do my best. I refuse to give up and give in. I refuse to let doubt and worry and despair keep me from enjoying my life and my family.

I am self employed and from where I have been for the last few weeks, things are looking up. I am seeing more work to bid and I have secured a multi month project for me and my associates (associates, not employees)

It is what it is. It's time to stop trying to de-legitimize this man and accept the fact that this is who our fellow countrymen have chosen. It's time to work together to do whatever we can as individuals and a group to get things moving back up the scale.

I am not afraid and I am not crying in my coffee.  I will do my best to make the most of what I have to work with and in 4 years, we will try again to get the philosophy of Liberty and Freedom into the hearts and minds of our fellow countrymen.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#14    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 07 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

This is my take.  My guy didn't get the 5% I really-really hoped he would get which would allow us Libertarians to be on a different playing field in 2016.

But....

I am going to be an American. I am going to do my best. I refuse to give up and give in. I refuse to let doubt and worry and despair keep me from enjoying my life and my family.

I am self employed and from where I have been for the last few weeks, things are looking up. I am seeing more work to bid and I have secured a multi month project for me and my associates (associates, not employees)

It is what it is. It's time to stop trying to de-legitimize this man and accept the fact that this is who our fellow countrymen have chosen. It's time to work together to do whatever we can as individuals and a group to get things moving back up the scale.

I am not afraid and I am not crying in my coffee.  I will do my best to make the most of what I have to work with and in 4 years, we will try again to get the philosophy of Liberty and Freedom into the hearts and minds of our fellow countrymen.

This is just my observation...
The Libertarian party's biggest issue is that they just resort to voting Republican. All around here, especially on campus, there are tons of Libertarians. If they all actually voted Libertarian, I think they could get some good numbers...but Libertarians usually understand our political system and know that it is a 2 party system, so they vote Republican. Good for the Republicans...but bad if the Libertarians ever want their party to be a legit contender...

My "about me" page...

#15    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostEllJay, on 07 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Plain and simple!!!!

How do you figure "foot in mouth disease"?
The results of this election do not in any way change how i feel about this admin or its policies.

The nation woke up today and found that more than 50% of those voting are all for turning our nation into a massive welfare state.
Talk bad about Fox all you want but the simple truth is that anyone who wants to know whats going on HAS to go to Fox news because the other channels wont report anything negative about their guy.
If it werent for Fox news America wouldnt have even known about Fast and Furious or the Benghazi fiasco.
Nixon resigned for far less than this President has been responsible for.
Yet no one seems to care as long as they get their welfare check.
I would say God help us all but the Obama admin has ensured that if God does exists he has washed his hands of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users