Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Four more years

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#121    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View Postjoc, on 11 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Given the state of the economy and the new President (same ole) who is waging his own private war on Big Oil and Gas...I expect the US to become heavily dependent on Foreign Oil.   There will be no 'drill baby drill' in this country.

Natural gas drilling in the US has increased in the last few years. Off shore drilling not so much given the BP thing.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#122    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,753 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 11 November 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Natural gas drilling in the US has increased in the last few years. Off shore drilling not so much given the BP thing.
Yes it has...on PRIVATE lands...but not on Federally owned land.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#123    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postjoc, on 11 November 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Yes it has...on PRIVATE lands...but not on Federally owned land.

That does need to be addressed.

http://www.cnn.com/2...-gas/index.html

#124    joc

joc

• 12,753 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 11 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

That does need to be addressed.

http://www.cnn.com/2...-gas/index.html

HA!   I thought you might dispute that...so I had the same page bookmarked...just in case...good to know we are 'on the same page'! :tsu:

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#125    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postjoc, on 11 November 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

HA!   I thought you might dispute that...so I had the same page bookmarked...just in case...good to know we are 'on the same page'! :tsu:

I know I have taken this off the op but Canadian oil is a very simple way for the US to save so to speak a ton of money. We have a tv ad up here that says nothing you buy gets here with out being on a truck. Obama will approve what is best right now.  I also believe Obama will pull out of Afgan in 2014 leaving a small force to further train nationals.

We are on the same page as what needs to be done but not who could have done it better. It was a lose lose situation imo.

#126    joc

joc

• 12,753 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 11 November 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I know I have taken this off the op but Canadian oil is a very simple way for the US to save so to speak a ton of money. We have a tv ad up here that says nothing you buy gets here with out being on a truck. Obama will approve what is best right now.  I also believe Obama will pull out of Afgan in 2014 leaving a small force to further train nationals.

We are on the same page as what needs to be done but not who could have done it better. It was a lose lose situation imo.
Why do you think Obama will approve what is best when he wouldn't even approve the Canadian PipeLine?

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#127    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

What I find funny is that I do make 12 bucks an hour working at a gas station, but my yearly income was only an example...I work part time at a gas station because I am going to school full time. You kind of need to finish school before you can have a career because you cannot do both at the same time...

I hope they do find themselves in that situation so then they will understand. I just feel like so many people do not understand...

I spent my entire childhood dirt poor.
I remember eating popcorn popped in a skillet for dinner many of the nights because we didnt have food to eat.
I joined the military when i graduated because college didnt seem the right direction for me, i redceived a paycheck, food and shelter.
I learned a skill and received a college education.
Believe me.  I UNDERSTAND!
I also know, there is corruption in the system, i have seen it.
I also know people will not try to improve their position if you continue to hold them up year after year.
When you reach the point of not having a cell phone, television, and eating popcorn for dinner then we can talk about poverty.
You havent got a clue.
You and your Liberal pals all believe that povewrty is when a person cant afford the new Iphone within a week of its release with a full data plan and DirectTv's NFL Package.
You believe if a guy doesnt have a car newer than 10 years old its a poverty issue.
You label poverty at a level that growing up my family only dreamed of reaching.
And as a side note, when you commented that Military defense could be cut further because we were ok, "trust me"
How about i dont trust a gas station attendant and give you some real truth.
Our military budget goes through the roof because of spending on expensive equipment that we dont have pilots to fly and mechanics to fix.
Everytime people cry about wanting the military budget cut they cut people, not equipment because some senator demands we need 20 more C-17's made in his state.
And when you whine that the Feds dont take care of the people in the nation yet we spend on the military i would suggets to you that you read the Constitution.
The Federal Govt is set up to defend our nation, not spend 40% of its budget on welfare programs.
Let the states take care of their people, let charities give people a hand up.
Too many hand outs anymore and this nation needs to decide is it going to continue to survive or will it commit fiscal suicide by continuing to rack up debt keeping people on welfare.
Time to define what is truly considered poverty.

#128    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 08 November 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

He is your president, whether like him or not you have to live with it. If not then leave everything behind and move to a new country

The US Constitution was setup to prevent that type of thinking.
If the Staes had the power like they were supposed to have, a person who didnt like the direction of the states Govt could move to a state that aligned with their belief structure.
However, since the Feds have stolen all the power from the states we have been brought to the cusp of love your Presidents plans or give up your citizenship.
Our forefathers would be less than proud of the power that we have allowed the govt to take from the states.

#129    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Postsupervike, on 08 November 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

There are still plenty of opportunities for the GOP to stop any gridlock.  Politics is often about compromise.  Don't throw that all at the feet of the Dems.

Do you reckon the Democrats will actually include the GOP in the meetings?
Remember Pelosi's infamous, "you have to pass the bill to see whats in the bill" speech?
Remember how Obamacare was written in its entirety behind locked doors with ZERO GOP involvement?
Don't throw that all at the feet of the GOP.

#130    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postninjadude, on 09 November 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

There is an NDAA passed yearly. Just in case you don't know that.

There is a Patriot Act passed annualy as well.
Even though Obama swore it was going to be repealed immediately upon his first election.
I guess a lot of the GW Bush era "evil policies" turned out to be required after all.

Maybe now, after 4 years of failing to do so, he might actuall take responsibility and sign a budget.
Thats an Annual requirement that hasnt been getting met and that falls directly on the President.

#131    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostTmars78, on 11 November 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

I believe that the answer to some of these is yes, and some are left to be determined. One I can say yes to definitely is the deficit going down. The numbers are soon to be released, and they will reflect that, to the tune of $200 billion. Maybe it isn't going down fast enough for some people, but it is a start.

http://www.dailykos....-by-200-Billion
http://www.csmonitor...ble-the-deficit

Reid just announced that as a first order of business the debt ceiling is to be raised by 2.5 Trillion dollars.
That is the wrong direction.
Those predictions of 20 Trillion total debt by 2016 are now going to rise by leaps and bounds.

#132    joc

joc

• 12,753 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 12 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

There is a Patriot Act passed annualy as well.
Even though Obama swore it was going to be repealed immediately upon his first election.
I guess a lot of the GW Bush era "evil policies" turned out to be required after all.

Maybe now, after 4 years of failing to do so, he might actuall take responsibility and sign a budget.
Thats an Annual requirement that hasnt been getting met and that falls directly on the President.
I'm not holding my breath..actually, I am, but it's futile...I know I can't hold my breath for four more years.
But...what are you going to do you know?  The Tea Party is dead...it was dead before it started, when it started, after it started and it's still dead!  Why?  Because it was founded on the belief that we could make a difference...we could change the status quo...your avatar says it all...check mate...game over.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#133    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

So what happens after 4 more years. Maybe this next four yrs will light a fire under the US`s ass and get the people to end this political highjacking that you guys have allowed. It`s not the people that have failed it`s the system that the people have allowed to fail.

#134    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,137 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 11 November 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

If that were the case the the US would not be so interested in it and we would just ship it to China ;)  We are already going to build a pipeline to the west coast for China. The US does not like that to much, hence obama will aprove the pipeline south.  Oil sands refined makes great gas not sure were you think it`s only good for diesel. Maybe back in the 70`s but not today.

Tar sands is another way of trying to make blood free oil sound bad by the way. Not going to help or change things. The US needs our resources and we are willing to sell.  Oil from Canada will help keep the loaf of bread from getting to $ 19.95 a loaf.
Twice now you've implied that oil from Canada (or even the U.S.) would be cheaper than ME oil.

That's certainly not the case. Oil prices are set by bids (auction) that take place worldwide.
I agree, however, about Western oil being "blood free." But if the West imported no ME oil whatsoever, the ME likely wouldn't suffer much economically, as, again, oil is worldwide and fungible.

Harte

Edited by Harte, 12 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#135    joc

joc

• 12,753 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

So what happens after 4 more years. Maybe this next four yrs will light a fire under the US`s ass and get the people to end this political highjacking that you guys have allowed. It`s not the people that have failed it`s the system that the people have allowed to fail.
I disagree.  It is both, the people have failed...it is the people who vote..it is the people who choose to believe the media...the people have made poor choices.   We have become a fat, lazy, populace;  More interested in getting tatoos and the latest app on their iphones to become involved...it (the government) has been on auto-pilot for way too long..............

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users