Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What did we learn in this election?

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 13 November 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

He should have made a decision about where he stood on some issues then.

http://www.conservat...ou-would-happen

Romney said he would issue an executive order to end Obamacare on day one, mainly because he wanted to assure no one would have access to quality health care ( logical assumption ).

Edited by Vein Capital, 13 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#152    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 13 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

And welfare by 75.

Where would you suggest those who use it, go for help?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#153    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postninjadude, on 14 November 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

Where would you suggest those who use it, go for help?

Perhaps, maybe, Get a job?

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#154    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postodiesbsc, on 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Are you freaking crazy?!?! Right wing nut job!

Posted Image

#155    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

View Postodiesbsc, on 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

in the past 10 years we've gone from 1 seeker for 1 job available to 10/12 seekers for every job available.

It took me a year to get a new job after my job was outsourced to India.

What makes you think they are not trying to work? Most welfare is tied to some work.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#156    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,258 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Ya  I went for more than a year without a job, and I was willing to work ANYWHERE doing anything! I even applied to Starbucks as a barista! A position I I was told I was over-qualified for given the fact that I managed 3 different Starbucks stores in the 80s and 90s but not well qualified enough to be an assistant manager today! I eventually took a job at 60% LESS money than I was making before, which is fine since I have always lived well below my means in the anticipation that my salary could potentally go way down. My bf was out of work for almost 2 years, he too was willing to do any work anywhere. His income went down by about 30% when he finally got work. We were both lucky since we both tended to live well below what we could afford.

I really really hate it when people just flap their pie hole and say "get a job" ...

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#157    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 14 November 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Are you freaking crazy?!?! Right wing nut job!

LOL, That's gotta be sarcasm. (I hope)

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#158    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'm not saying it's not hard to find a job sometimes, I've been there done that myself, there have been times when I went months without work, and yes, I was looking, and no, I didn't draw welfare (and sometimes didn't even draw unemployment). That said, what about the many who could find work, are young, healthy, and have everything going for them, but just don't WANT to work? I wish I could find the link to that short video that had an interviewer asking people waiting in line for welfare if they were looking for work, and one guy, young and evidently strong and healthy to all appearances (probably more than one in that spirit) just laughed and said, "no, he was just there for the Obama dollar", or something like that if I remember correctly. Again, I realize that it's not so easy to get a job sometimes...I've gone months myself but I kept on looking and fortunately I did eventually find work.

Edited by Gummug, 15 November 2012 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

#159    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

"I've danced with clowns and I have hugged fools"

Edited by acidhead, 15 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#160    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 15 November 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

I eventually took a job at 60% LESS money than I was making before,

as did I.  About 25percent less. But it's working out.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#161    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,258 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

It's ONLY working out for me because I always only lived on about 40% of my income after my ex and I split up (he liked us to live on 140% of our income *grumble*)  So now I live paycheck to paycheck more or less, but it's working out because I planned it that way. Would I have liked to have gone back to my big paycheck? Of course! But those jobs were GONE after the bank crisis and housing bubble. And, luckliy I had the foresight to buy a cheapo old house for next to nothing which even today still has a TON of equity. Most people didn't look as forward into the future as I did.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#162    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

How can you be so financially aware yourself and still be so optimistic about the completely opposite governments ability to make this work?

Posted Image

#163    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,258 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 November 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

How can you be so financially aware yourself and still be so optimistic about the completely opposite governments ability to make this work?

Possibly because I haven't been wrong yet... I knew the crash was coming when I bought my home in 2001. I just made damn sure I bought something that would still have a lot of equity even after a massive crash (and my house is a piece of *****, but I'm still sitting on 6 figure equity) and I made damn sure I could afford it all on a mimimum wage job.  Im sorry if you were unable to see that.

And I NEVER said I was optimistic about the future or this government. You're projecting.

#164    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

what i learned from the the recent election is that almost half of america is racist.

SRS

#165    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostXanthurion2, on 16 November 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

what i learned from the the recent election is that almost half of america is racist.
So if you don't vote for Obama you are racist? I think it's racist of you to suggest that you should vote for him just because he's black.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users