Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Skyfall

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Going to see it tonight! Can't wait! Should be interesting to see Q as a young man this time.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,659 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Daniel Craig and Judith Dench ROCK!!!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3    K_Bonita

K_Bonita

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

• For every dark night,there's a brighter day.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Let us know how it is,I might have to go watch it on the weekend :)

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,659 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm going on Friday...can't wait!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yes I love Dame Judy. She's AWESOME! And I love the Adele song too. :)

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Love love LOVED it!!!

#7    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

It was really good.

Getting close to the Bond concept we all know and love.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

I like Judy Dench and Daniel Craig..  I am not a Bond fan, but with the hype of this new Bond movie, I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out

In saying that,  ( and I will most likely get shot for this )  I cannot stand Adel's  Skyfall song... I think nearly all bond songs  sound the same..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#9    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 4,563 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 November 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I like Judy Dench and Daniel Craig..  I am not a Bond fan, but with the hype of this new Bond movie, I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out

In saying that,  ( and I will most likely get shot for this )  I cannot stand Adel's  Skyfall song... I think nearly all bond songs  sound the same..

No, you are not the only one that is not overly fond of the song...

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

My favourite Bond song is, I think, the one for Quantum of Solace - 'Another Way to Die' by Alicia Keys and Jack White - while I hated the film.

But I do agree they typically all sound the same. Guess it's all part of the franchise.

Edited by Lady Kasey, 14 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#11    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,625 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Good movie. Enjoyed it very much.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#12    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Same here, it was very good. Loved the end.

Well, not all of it. :cry:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#13    I_Am_Avatar_Korra

I_Am_Avatar_Korra

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,149 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

How many Jame Bond movies are they going to make?! Do they ever get bored of making more movies?

Av: contemporiste @ petitechoses.

#14    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,421 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

I would say not.

#15    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Why would the stop making 007 movies!?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users