Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

The Strange Career of Gordon Novel

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,603 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 November 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

And in this video, Novel talks about his involvement with the "Aviary", a diverse group that provided information and disinformation about ETs and UFOs.

that was a good short video...cheers. And his body language was interesting.

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 08 November 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

After physicist Bob Lazar went public with his claims of having back engineered flying saucers at Area 51, Novel showed up at Las Vegas, eager to meet with Lazar. Novel was interested in the mechanics of alleged anti-gravity devices. He had written a JFK researcher a letter from prison in 1978 describing his work in the field. Evidently, Lazar met with Novel once, before being warned off by researcher Lars Hansson.
("An Interview with Lars Hansson", Steamshovel Press, #8, Summer 1993. Reprinted in Thomas, Kenn, Popular Alienation, Iluminet Press, 1995, pg 156-9) (for more information on Bob Lazar's intelligence connections, see my article, Nuclear Dreamland and Hansson, Lars, "UFO's, Aliens and 'Ex'-intelligence Agents: Who's Fooling Whom The Inside Story of John Lear, Bill Cooper and 'The Greatest Cover-Up in Human History'", 7/18/91)

I was disappointed when the last two links for this didn't work any more....but not surprised because anything to do with Lazar

seems to be a hot potato.

I will have a look for them elsewhere...but I don't really hold out much hope of finding them....although I could be wrong.

Posted Image

#17    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Postbee, on 08 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

that was a good short video...cheers. And his body language was interesting.

I was disappointed when the last two links for this didn't work any more....but not surprised because anything to do with Lazar

seems to be a hot potato.

I will have a look for them elsewhere...but I don't really hold out much hope of finding them....although I could be wrong.

Yes, he was a very weird character, going back to the time when he was affiliated with the CIA and its war against Castro.  

I don't think he believed Bob Lazar, but he always claimed to have some real information about UFOs and how they had been back-engineered for a secret space program.  He also seemed to have some links to that whole "Aviary" group that occasionally leaks information about UFOs.

#18    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I saw one video where Gordon Novel was showing these pictures, claiming they were authentic examples of artificial structures on Mars and that the American secret space program had set up bases there.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

But then others will say that the "tubes" are really sand dunes.
'
Posted Image

Posted Image

The feature is totally identical to sand dunes pictures seen in many MOC picture of the surface of Mars. The particularity of the alleged "glass tube" feature is that the dunes were shaped inside a narrow canyon, and thus have been shaped in an elongated feature, whereas on flat plains you can see more obviously as what they really are: dunes.

The notion of "glass" is totally irrelevant. There is absolutely no reason to see glass in the feature.

http://ufologie.patr...m/marstub01.htm

#20    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

This same program interviewed former astronaut Brian O'Leary, who also thought that UFOs were ET.  He also thought that there could have been a secret space program that sent manned missions to Mars.

#21    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Dr. O'Leary, who was the only planetary scientist among the 1960s astronauts, was certainly an very unconventional thinker.  He died in 2011.

#22    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

This was the video that the Project Camelot people did about the alleged secret mission to Mars.  They interviewed Gordon Novel and Brian O'Leary on this one, and also some people even further out there, like the guy who said Star Gates were real and he had been beamed to Mars a few times.

Most dramatically in this video, they showed up at a secret base somewhere and got in a confrontation with the security men, who forced them to shut off their cameras and leave the area.  They did identify Novel as one of the "Aviary", though.

#23    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

View Postbee, on 08 November 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

thanks TMG......I saw the Project Camelot video interview a while back and through Kerry Cassidy's web site knew he had died.

Apart from that I hadn't paid any attention to him. But he is an interesting character from all the extra info you have put about him.

He strikes me as a bit of a maverick.....maybe....

Making his income and having adventures as an agent, and double agent (even triple / quadruple if there is such a thing... :) )

It does sound like he often played both ends against the middle, which is yet another indication of how hard it truly is to sort out all the players in the UFO field.

#24    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 09 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

It does sound like he often played both ends against the middle, which is yet another indication of how hard it truly is to sort out all the players in the UFO field.

so I am learning.....:)

and all the Mars stuff....it's nigh on impossible to get a real handle on what's going on with all the conflicting info.....

Especially as key people in the Alternative Media scene will obviously be targetted by Intelligence Service employees...

posing as Insiders who are revealing this that and the other.

thanks for the latest videos you've posted, I watched them last night. There was a flurry of activity on Bill Ryan's forum re. the Kerry and Bill video

going on the telly because they didn't know it was on the schedule until a member happen to see it in a TV listing four days ago...

Posted Image

#25    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Postbee, on 10 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

so I am learning..... :)

and all the Mars stuff....it's nigh on impossible to get a real handle on what's going on with all the conflicting info.....

Especially as key people in the Alternative Media scene will obviously be targetted by Intelligence Service employees...

posing as Insiders who are revealing this that and the other.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Gordon Novel really was some kind of CIA "asset" or at least available to be hired by the intelligence community as needed, and that these connections went all the way back to the 1950s.

He popped up during Watergate and during the Jim Garrison investigation of the JFK assassination.  We now now the he was being paid by NBC "journalist" Walter Sheridan to gather intelligence on Garrison, and that when this was discovered, Sheridan gave him money to leave town.  We also know that Sheridan was a CIA employee going back to at least 1955, and that he was somehow hired by NBC even though he had no previous journalism training or experience.  His job was to run stories that discredited Garrison's investigation in any way possible, and they did do a great deal of damage to his reputation.

http://www.google.co...i5Y1WIzX71pWfiA

Then this same Gordon Novel pops up again, claiming to have all kinds of information about UFOs, secret Mars missions, alternative energy, etc, etc.  He says he knows about spaceship crashes and back engineering, but given his background we should seriously question how much of this is bogus or distorted information.

#26    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

One thing I have always wondered is how much Robert Kennedy knew about the CIA connections of his "friend" Walter Sheridan, who also continued to work for his brother Teddy for many years.  

Since Robert Kennedy had actually been in charge of the committee that ran Operation Mongoose and all these covert operations against Castro, and Garrison had uncovered a group of these people in New Orleans, I have also wondered just how much he really WANTED to know about his brother's assassination.  Maybe it was more comforting for him to hear that Garrison was a "fraud", which is certainly what Sheridan told him.

Gordon Novel was involved in all of this, including the supply of weapons to the anti-Castro Cubans, and later when he fled to Ohio, the CIA provided him with funds to hire four attorneys, who successfully blocked Garrison's attempts to have him returned to New Orleans.

Anyway, he was a very peculiar character to turn up years later with all kinds of stories about aliens and UFOs, and proof of continued contacts with CIA and intelligence community types like Alexander, Pandolfi, Hal Puthoff, etc, etc.  

I will look around some more to try to find out when his career took this strange turn into ETs and UFOs.

#27    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 10 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Then this same Gordon Novel pops up again, claiming to have all kinds of information about UFOs, secret Mars missions, alternative energy, etc, etc.  He says he knows about spaceship crashes and back engineering, but given his background we should seriously question how much of this is bogus or distorted information.

He would have to go in that direction....ie the subjects above...to ingratiate himself into alternative circles....

I would guess that he would mix up truth, half truths and lies.

Posted Image

#28    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

And one question that has always nagged at me is whether Robert Kennedy would have knowingly sent a CIA guy down to New Orleans to look into the activities of these other CIA guys (including Gordon Novel) who were being investigated by Jim Garrison?

I mean, what were they all going to say?  "CIA?  Never heard of it."  LOL

#29    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I wonder if the CIA still has these road signs.  They keep getting stolen all the time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 10 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#30    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Geeez this guy was in everything, I mean he lived !!

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users