Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NASA to announce manned moon mission ?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

This actually got me excited.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 08 November 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#17    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

No way. They donīt have the cash for it. The US is fundamentally bankrupt, no matter how much more Obama tries to borrow from China.

#18    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Loves me some swiss cheese!

#19    Scuzzy

Scuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Are they going to hire Russian spaceships ?

#20    Mikami

Mikami

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Maybe we should try to dig out of our hole, THEN shoot for the moon

#21    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

This is the kind of positive experience that brings the world together ... enlightens and inspires.

#22    Solipsi Rai

Solipsi Rai

...from the Desert...

• 2,865 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

YES! America goes back on the moon! We left our mark there over 40 years ago on 6 out of 7 manned missions (Apollo 13 was an emergency return without a landing)...exciting news report! I seriously doubt NASA is able to financially fund the next missions, unless this is more of an international effort including the Russians, ESA (Europeans), Japan and China to the framework. Maybe Canadians and Mexicans will get to participate this time as part of a North American unified space program. I hope privatization of space travel and exploration will make new missions possible without NASA going entirely alone.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#23    paperdyer

paperdyer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

While I feel we need to go back to the moon, we need to get out of debt first as a country.  Now if the oil companies want to finance it then I'd say goffer it!

#24    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,735 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

note that in the OP link it says that the men who go on the mission will not actually go to the Moon's surface...

they will be in a capsule...

quote from the pic in the OP link...

Artist's concept of astronauts in an Orion capsule helping direct robotic teleoperations on the moon's farside. (Lockheed Martin)

hear what Senior Research Scientist (Lockheed Martin)  Boyd Bushman has to say about the asteroid named Apophis in the vid below 0:33 > 1:33

and he says..."veer it's orbit"

I think that Bushman and others are probably working flat out to make sure an impact doesn't happen.

But it will take a lot of preparation and this mission that is being discussed is almost certainly part of the preparation IMO.

Saving the World (literally?) isn't just an American problem so it's pretty certain that other nations will be involved.

like Russia....(this article published a month ago)

http://rt.com/news/a...on-mission-908/

Russia’s space agency wants to send a mission to Apophis, the notorious asteroid which may change its course and eventually collide with Earth. It will plant a radio beacon, which will help track the celestial body and assess the risks it poses.

­The 300-meter-wide asteroid first made headlines in 2004, when NASA reported that it has 1 chance in 223 of impacting on our planet in 2029. It was even named after the Ancient Egyptian evil god, archenemy of the sun god Ra.
But additional observations proved that it will pass by at the small, but safe, distance of some 36,000 kilometers from Earth. The close approach however may result in an unpredictable gravitational pull on Apophis, which would change its course and pose a danger in 2036, when it comes back.

this post isn't intended to be a doom and gloom affair.... :)

because I think 'we' will be successful in making sure the asteroid doesn't hit.

And any sane person can only wish all involved in the project  success and good luck.

that's how I see all this anyway...no one panic...it's going to be ok

:tu:

#25    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Ye` of little foresight ! And as For Obama,He`s only a puppet in the mix,Although a Few Americans are very deep into making this Happen. I will Love to see what Mid has to Say! I sure hope we can pull this all together over the next Decade ! As for America not having the money ? Get a Life people We can print as much as we need to do anything we want to do ! IMO. ANd we will return to the Moon! :tsu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#26    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,346 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

View Postbee, on 10 November 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

hear what Senior Research Scientist (Lockheed Martin)  Boyd Bushman has to say about the asteroid named Apophis in the vid below 0:33 > 1:33

and he says..."veer it's orbit"

I think that Bushman and others are probably working flat out to make sure an impact doesn't happen.

Bee

There is no imminent impact. Rather than a warning about the end of days, it's more of a red flag that Bushman is a great man who has lost his marbles. How many astronomy groups do you think exist out there? How many agree with Bushman? Are you trying to tell me that everyone with actual evidence is incorrect, and Bushman's Youtube ramblings are more accurate than the entire planets astronomical community?

At best, 99942 Apophis will reach mag 16. It is not something being hidden either, 99942 Apophis has held the highest Torino rating ever. As for Bushmans important work with worrying about deflecting the asteroid, that plan has already been in place for some time, before the Torino scale adjustment I believe. You might want to Google SpaceWorks Enterprises Inc. LINK - US team wins asteroid competition

Further observations might, and I do mean might, offer a change in direction, but we, and Boyd have no way on earth of knowing that at this point in time. Not even an advanced alien can tell you what gravitational pockets will do in another few decades time. Bushman's information is old hat, are you sure he has also not revised this position in the meantime? You have been posting the same information for some time now. Like all the other astronomical groups, he too may have revised his estimate in the meantime. As a powerful strong advocate of his later and wilder claims, you do have his email adress, maybe you could ask him directly? :innocent:

View Postbee, on 10 November 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

this post isn't intended to be a doom and gloom affair.... :)

Do not be concerned, it is too inaccurate to be gloomy :D All we have in the end are questions.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

The good news is they are wanting Mid to Lead up the Missions ! Im All in ! :nw:

#28    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,735 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

@psyche....Boyd Bushman has not 'lost his marbles'.....he is still a consultant for Lockheed Martin

http://boydbushman.com/Home.php

CLASSIFICATIONS: PROGRAM MANAGER & SENIOR SCIENTIST
(TOP SECRET CLEARANCE)

EXPERIENCE:

Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, 1986 to 2000 (and present consultant), Mr. Bushman has participated in Advanced Aircraft Concepts as a member of the technical team. He has conducted European Theater Tactical Fighter performance analysis, coordinated customer interface and development performance concepts. He developed laser, electro-optical sensor, and power systems. He developed and taught analysis courses. Several million-dollar contracts were obtained directly from him. Bushman holds 26 US Patents and classified Patents.

#29    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I have to add this about Apophis 99942 At least we know that the Mice really are driveing this planet and its Fate ! Just Look at what they numbered it !  Remember they are German mice! nien,nien,nien  the answer is always 42

#30    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,220 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Ok let's get back on topic...
The one sensible and on topic thing that bee did say is that this is not a proposal to land men on the moon.
There seems to be a lot of people here assuming that this is an Apollo style landing that is being proposed. It isn't. It is a proposal to have an Orion stationed in the L2 position beyond the moon.

I'm guessing that most people didn't read the article that Saru linked to as no one seems to have noticed the really exciting part, the plan to have men sent to Mars by around 2030.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users