Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US drops to 12th in the prosperity index

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    EllJay

EllJay

Government Agent

• 3,676 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

No, certainly not in Greece. It is not as if you get it for free in any of those countries (there we would only have Britain), in fact you don't even get your social benefits for free in Sweden and Norway, you have to pay into an insurance system (in most countries both private and run by the government you can choose from), and if the insurance needs more money the premiums go up. For those who have never paid into the system (exception again Britain) all there is is welfare.

In Sweden you only have to pay a small fee for doctor and hospital visits, regardless if it is a check-up for a cold or a hearth transplant. You can go outside the system and get private hospital insurance if you like, but the ordinary system works just as well.
Most of the other benefits mentioned in the 10-min guide above is already payed for via tax

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#47    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,777 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 November 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Oh, but there is where a competent government steps in. They let them earn money but stop them from overdoing it. That is why there are also government run plans.
When we find a way to implement a competent government in the USA, let me know. And then I (Being the influential internet Titan that I am) will support socialized healthcare in the US.

Edited by DieChecker, 16 November 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users