Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bees make mint honey after eating fondant

mint-flavoured honey bees fondant after eights

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postrashore, on 12 November 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Lol, honey is not bee poop or other, um, nether regions discharge... It's dried vomit.
Bees have a special stomach they collect nectar into. These field bees are then greeted by hive bees and the field bees vomit up the nectar to the hive bees. The hive bees start digesting and adding enzymes before vomiting it up into the hives cell walls. The vomit is then fanned by bees to dry out, resulting in honey.
Thanks for the reply I'm not too much into bees biology and was hoping someone would comment with more info  :)   I knew it was a form of glorified bee excrement of somekind...vomit still makes me think yucky when you think of what you like to eat LOL But mother parrots do the same kind of thing to feed their chicks but at least it comes out of the mouth instead of the nether regions!

Edited by White Unicorn, 12 November 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#17    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

doesn't surprise me at all.It's true,Mother nature will find a way and adapt to whatever works.Here in the U,S, I have taken to leaving Dr Peper in cans around the ranch to attract bees to my plants and flowers,I grw very nice tomatos and hot pepers this yearmand the bees were quite thankfull and I will place even more next year for the little guys,without them we as humans will starve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users