Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Psychopathic Spectrum

Q-C

The questionaire isn't available any more :(

Oh darn, wanted to see if I was a psychopath.

• Like 1

The radio program on the page is interesting.

Update: An earlier version of this story provided links to questionnaire's from the author you could take online to measure yourself. The links are currently not working and will be replaced once the author's site is operational again.

The radio program on the page is interesting.

[/i]

Yes the interview was good, and his books sound interesting as well, on psychopaths and con artists.

I wonder what the psychology is of people who fall for con artist psychopaths. I don't fall into that category, I'm too skeptical or suspicious of people's motives, and I'm not impressed by charm and charisma. I know how to say "no" and stick to it. Maybe this is a result of my street-wise experiences, or maybe this is a psychopathic symptom in itself. The it takes one to know one thingy. ???

• Like 1

@StarMountainKid, good question! According to Hollywood you can con a con! They make money on it.

And unrelated,

According to Dutton those who suffer with anxiety issues are at the opposite end of the spectrum from psychopath.

I like how the word psychopath has lost all meaning.

I thought he had pretty clear qualities of a psychopath.

It you mean that not all psychopaths are violent, was the violent only psychopath a definition of society (Hollywood, media) or science?

My score was LOW: 7 out of 33 so you can all come out from your hiding places :D .

QuiteContrary: you quote Dutton as saying if you suffer from anxiety disorders(which I do),then you are on the opposite end of the scale to the psychopath ..... fine ..... but he also mentions in a Tweet that psycopaths often have a poor sense of smell. I have NO sense of smell!! :wacko:

Where is it at in that link??

Where is it at in that link??

Towards the end of the article(second to last para), it mentions a quiz. Written in blue is 'short' version or 'longer' version .... just click on the one you want to do.

well, I scored 13 out of 33.

Lucky for some!

Think I'l go polish my guns now. *twitch, twitch*

Good Grief! It's beginning to look as if I am the only sweet, peace-loving person here smiley_sweet.gif

• Like 1

9/33. Does that mean that I'm just a little psychopathic?

Prolly just your left big toe is .......

4/33

But, I hate tests like this. I can always think of exceptions to the questions and that frustrates me when selecting an answer.

So, I guess that just proves how indecisive I am, plus my anxiety issues, a low score is probably correct.

On the other hand, my dog scored pretty high. I'll be sleeping with one eye open from now on.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Towards the end of the article(second to last para), it mentions a quiz. Written in blue is 'short' version or 'longer' version .... just click on the one you want to do.

I got 27 out of 33 so I scored high

24/33 odd well no I can be unrelenting against people who don't bow down to me and give complete obedience ,no I mean um aaah yeah time to walk away. :w00t:

• Like 1

I got 27 out of 33 so I scored high

24/33 odd well no I can be unrelenting against people who don't bow down to me and give complete obedience ,no I mean um aaah yeah time to walk away. :w00t:

Okay, it's taken almost 2 pages but the real psychopaths are gradually coming out of the woodwork now :lol:

Okay, it's taken almost 2 pages but the real psychopaths are gradually coming out of the woodwork now :lol:

:D what can I say

• Like 1