Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

the vampire murders at ursuline convent 1978

new orleans vampire unsolved murder

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    lomochic82

lomochic82

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

hi there,
i was wondering if someone on the forum had any information that would be able to substantiate whether this is based in fact or legend...
when i was on a tour in new orleans in 2003 i remember hearing a story about 2 tourists down for a paranormal investigation in 1978 setting up a video camera outside the ursuline convent to try and catch a glimpse of the vampires rumored to be nailed in on the 3rd floor of the ursuline convent. the tourists who in most recounts of the tale are women, are abducted, and then later found outside st. mary's church drained of 80% of their blood. their footage found on the camera at the scene of the abduction is indicated as non eventful until someone knocks the camera over around 4am. what happened between 4am and 7am is unknown according to legend...

now a couple of things about this strike me as odd..

the only websites that mention the unsolved murder are ghost and vampire sites...there are no online 'reputable' sources to validate this

also, in some instances, the tourists are interns for a paranormal investigation team...in others, they're male...in another version i heard, they were down for mardi gras and decided to test the lore as a lark....so, given that most lore and legend is based in some semblance of fact, what actually happened and is there anyone who knows if there are actual police or coroner reports available to substantiate these claims that are available to the public? i'll be going back to new orleans in february and i'd like to compile a video travel blog segment on strange and haunted history of new orleans...right now, i'm trying to compile some facts.

if you aren't sure but can point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate that tooPosted Image

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'd have thought that women disappearing and turning up dead in the same place would have become rather quickly a matter of public record via our old friend "police investigation".
And, as we now live in the era of anyone whose cat looks vaguely like someone famous putting it on the net, the fact that this video isn't on YouTube is somewhat odd to say the least.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,569 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I believe you have answered your own question.

There are many " true " stories that can only be verified on Paranormal or Bigfoot sites for example.

If you are trully infatuated, and are not happy not finding " real evidence " on the internet about this, contact the New Orleans public records, and / or the New Orleans Police Department/ District Attorney Office and ask them where you can research crimes from the 1970's....Hell, just ask them also.

http://www.nola.gov/GOVERNMENT/NOPD/

http://orleansda.com/

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

If I might ask, what kind of tour were you on in 2003?

Would it happen to have been a ghost tour?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    CJ4ANSWRS

CJ4ANSWRS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

there is a way 80% of the blood may be drained from the body;or so i have read from an account of a mom whose son committed suicide as a teenager almost 30 years ago. The boy had become involved in a satanic  cult which required for certain rituals the hoof and horns and blood of the cow. The mysterious way the cow was found baffled the investigaters making it a 'UFO' incident.   The cow was found drained of all  blood plus the horns and hooves sawed clean off.  The mom learned from a friend of her son who had miraculously escaped the cult how the coven member had done it. According to the account of the boys witnessing it upon helping in the process they would of course go at night way into the back country of the targeted ranch where the cattle were grazing.They would go when there was thick snow on the ground. They used thick wide sheets of cardboard to walk on so no tracks would be around or near the cow. A heavy traquilizer dart was fired into the big bouvine to bring down first of all. Thats when they would approach leap frogging the 2 cardboard  sheets one ahead of each other a few steps at a time.  When next to the sedated animal the individual would inject an even stronger med to keep knocked out. Next he would set an IV  attached to a very large blood bag to accomadate the size of the enormous creature. The final  step was the give the cow a shot of an amphetamine  type of drug to speed the heart to pump all the animals blood into the bag.  The horns and hooves are easily explained by the use of a sophisticated surgical saw; the same that might be used for open heart operations.    This would make absolute sense to me if I could be sure the heart would keep pumping itself to death.However , I have been informed that it is the brain that tells the heart to pump not an involuntary muscle action by chemical inducement.So if the brain is in the course of this process robbed of oxygen from the dispensing of blood would the heart stop pumping as the nerve signal to pump was stopped?  When i read this 30 years ago i had no way to check it out and still don't. I work long hours and do not have the time or know where to look.

#6    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

...quite the well off satanic cult you have there to be able to afford all these surgical tools and medication.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#7    Celestae

Celestae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

have you ever looked up satanists? I have because I'm nosey. I think you would be pleasantly surprised in the way they practise... they have a code of ethics that in someways is higher than other religion. they believe in no gods, only themselves and their own abilities, they abore cruelty to animals or children, they dont agree with drug use or in breaking the law.

Seriously... im not bigging them up... because im not satanic... they wouldnt accept me anyway because I dont fit the bill... but read about it... its really interesting.

And thats not to say that the people who do do these disgusting rituals involving blood and animals etc dont exist, or dont call them selves satanists, because they may well do so... but read on Anthony Le Vay's Sight and you will see that he explains everything, those people may think to be satanic but actually arent anything to do with the satanic church.

i think, what im trying to say, is that satanists get a bad rep... thanks to freaks who want to kill animals in the name of something unholy.

#8    RadicalGnostic

RadicalGnostic

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• We are all children of the same Universe.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

I was a Junior at Ursuline in New Orleans in 1978. Nothing was mentioned or whispered about vampires anywhere.

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

Posted Image

#9    Celestae

Celestae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

would be really Kool if it was vampires though :gun:

#10    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sounds a lot like a ghost story added onto a ghost story with a little hot Vampirism tossed in for good measure. Make the paying tourist wet themselves and want to come back for more.

.....in short, it's marketing to sell tour tickets.

#11    Celestae

Celestae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

sounds that way

#12    Dougward5

Dougward5

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

I am going to take  shot in the dark and suggest this story  was told
to the o.p. on a vampire tour. .probably lead by " Lord Chaz " ..he would have also been making spanish inquisition jokes....Chaz is quite a fantastic storyteller..

#13    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

I thought New Orleans vampires just talked people to death, anyway. :P

#14    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

A long while back, I had run across a video on You Tube that was about a vampire cult and the footage looked legit.  Apparently, they had killed several people and done other things that landed them in trouble with the law.  The video was police footage of them going through the house/temple, I want to say that it was somewhere in California though, not Louisiana.  Everything in the video looked time dated to about the late 70's including the clothes and furniture.  Somehow, I lost my history in You Tube and never found that video again.  I think they showed some of the "vampires" being led out of there too and they looked pretty normal, although, it was a creepy video, kind of like seeing the inside of the Heaven's Gate place.

#15    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,266 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostMantis914, on 24 December 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

A long while back, I had run across a video on You Tube that was about a vampire cult and the footage looked legit.  Apparently, they had killed several people and done other things that landed them in trouble with the law.  The video was police footage of them going through the house/temple, I want to say that it was somewhere in California though, not Louisiana.  Everything in the video looked time dated to about the late 70's including the clothes and furniture.  Somehow, I lost my history in You Tube and never found that video again.  I think they showed some of the "vampires" being led out of there too and they looked pretty normal, although, it was a creepy video, kind of like seeing the inside of the Heaven's Gate place.
pobs went with the story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users