Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Name That Creature

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

So it seems the mystery creature is not a cryptid at all. It was either an introduced species (cat), or an escaped/released species (monkey).

#47    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,579 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

It's obviously a hyrax imitating some monkey-cat creature.

#48    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,381 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Cat in a monkey suit.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

It's of my expert opinion that this creature, is not a cat or even a monkey but, happens to be none othern than a Sasquatch.

#50    Urisk

Urisk

Motorhead for life!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

• Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well I was going to say a cat, or pushing the boat out a little a small monkey (general gait is about right) but it's pretty much already been proved as such.

Oh wait, I just DID.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#51    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

NW, hmmm. Witnesses say a monkey? Well, I have cat stuck on the brain and didn't see monkeys under Australia animals when I searched, so never even thought of that.

However, I had noticed in the OP, something a tad odd about the stance, body posture of the animal for a cat, but dismissed it.

But, for me, it is all about the blurry photo. Which almost always tells me somebody's monkeying around.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#52    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

This monkey reminded me of when my parents went to Hawaii in the seventies and ended up talking with the "Monkees" at the airport bar. They got a picture of two of them, Peter and Micky. Guess what? It was blurry! While I believed my parents 100%, I couldn't use the photo to prove the event to my friends or show off. And for a teen 70's girl that was a real bummer. lol

Edited by QuiteContrary, 17 November 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#53    Urisk

Urisk

Motorhead for life!

• 1,603 posts

• Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

NW, hmmm. Witnesses say a monkey? Well, I have cat stuck on the brain and didn't see monkeys under Australia animals when I searched, so never even thought of that.

However, I had noticed in the OP, something a tad odd about the stance, body posture of the animal for a cat, but dismissed it.

But, for me, it is all about the blurry photo. Which almost always tells me somebody's monkeying around.

They're not native to Australia no, but that doesn't mean you willnae find 'em ;) For example there have been wallabies hopping around the Scottish countryside in one particular county. Why? Well let's just say that there was an Aussie resturaunt that had some adventurous pets :)

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#54    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

View Postevancj, on 16 November 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

So it seems the mystery creature is not a cryptid at all. It was either an introduced species (cat), or an escaped/released species (monkey).
A monkey huh? I think you are right, only because the people on the bus who IDed it knew what it was immediately, it never needed to be identified. What it was, was never really in doubt by the local authorities.

Looking at the picture again, I'm surprised no one noticed that the shadow looks like it is of a liquor bottle.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#55    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Perhaps the witnesses, too, saw something odd/ambiguous about stance/posture/gait of the cat that made them think "not cat" and then perceived it to be a "monkey". It is similar to the recent "Essex Lion" case which resulted in an intensive police search when 6 people saw a house cat across a field but perceived it to be a lion or some lion-sized cat. What is triggering that response?

Could cases like the "Darwin Monkey" and "Essex Lion", in which the objective evidence is at odds with the subjective evidence, account for other alleged sightings of cryptids and out-of-place-animals in which there is no objective evidence?

Are such misperceptions more common than they are usually considered to be?

As we are continually taught from a young age to trust our senses, could our (misplaced) confidence in our own perceptions and experiences contribute to the discrepancies between what we perceive/experience and what is actually there?

After all, when it comes to cryptids and out-of-place-animals, many witnesses are certain they know what they saw and that alone can be very compelling...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#56    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,346 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

As like 99.99999% of others on here, I would say its a cat.
Now we know whats on the road, I would like to know what the OP is on?

#57    quasar_kid

quasar_kid

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

As like 99.99999% of others on here, I would say its a cat.
Now we know whats on the road, I would like to know what the OP is on?

PCP? :td:

#58    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,346 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Postquasar_kid, on 18 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

PCP? :td:
Embalming fluid? i asked what they were on, not in.

#59    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Manbearpig.

#60    WillowWolf

WillowWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• "Destiny is not within the hands of the stars, but within the hands of man."

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

It's a cat. With white paws.

- "The greatest gift ever given to the likes of man, is the gift of free-will. If you choose to use it for evil. That's your own fault."
- "Magick is real, to all who open their eyes to it."
- To all of my fellow human beings of this Earth...
Merry meet, and merry part, and merry meet again!
~Blessed be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users