Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The changing demographics

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,255 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Nonsense... as someone who works in Defense and Aerospace I hold several Levels of US Clearance yet am a National (Citizen) of the UK.
The US and UK work closely together and share certain clearances, so the UK is one unique exception.  Your clearance and or NTK probably supersedes citizenship requirements.  Not all Brits could hold the clearances you do and have dual citizenship.  I suspect that between you, me, and questionmark, we all are correct.  At least you and I are going off experience??

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#17    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,129 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 12 November 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

The US and UK work closely together and share certain clearances, so the UK is one unique exception.  Your clearance and or NTK probably supersedes citizenship requirements.  Not all Brits could hold the clearances you do and have dual citizenship.  I suspect that between you, me, and questionmark, we all are correct.  At least you and I are going off experience??

wrong again, when I was working for the Air Force in Germany we had at least a dozen LNs with very high security clearances doing jobs that they would not allow many US citizens. There is only one or two organizations where non-US citizenship or double citizenship matters for a clearance.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#18    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,255 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 November 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

wrong again, when I was working for the Air Force in Germany we had at least a dozen LNs with very high security clearances doing jobs that they would not allow many US citizens. There is only one or two organizations where non-US citizenship or double citizenship matters for a clearance.
When I was in boot camp, we had the son of a Turkish ambassador.  But I knew that I couldnít have dual citizenship.  The Presidency is one of those organizations.  And another is DOE.  We had a guy that had dual citizenship with Canada.  He had to leave when he didnít want to give up his Canadian citizenship.  And Iím pretty sure that the Persian and the Chinese that we have are all naturalized with no dual citizenship.  Because again, I canít have dual citizenship.  Like I was implying, we are all probably right but it depends on where we are at.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#19    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostLady Kasey, on 12 November 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Social Security is one of those entitlements

SS is NOT an "entitlement". I pay real money into it for decades.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users