Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost In my house?

google streetview ght sighting spooky

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Matt J

Matt J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Today i discovered Google street view and decided to do what i assume many people do when they discover it, Look to see if they themselves appear outside their house at the time. Anyway, as i looked up my house i discovered something rather strange, there appears to be a face looking out towards the Google van from an upstairs window. I have shown this image to a number of people and i am aware that a number of explanations may be the cause of such an appearance  I.e i have questioned whether it could be a reflection from the house a few doors down (have possibly ruled this out due to the houses in front of it, as well as the distinct shape of the "apparition").

Other explanations include possible camera flare, a mix up of images uploaded by Google and a the simple explanation that it is a normal object that our minds are making appear as an object. (This lead to me to search the inside of the room to find nothing of even that colour.)

I know the first thing that some may conclude the image to be is that it is a person in the house. This i have easily dismissed as the people entering the house at the time is my younger sister coming home from school with my mother. Until they come home there is nobody else in the house, my father works and myself and my younger brother are at high school / sixth form at this time. (about 3:20pm)

I personally am an open minded-skeptic and so i am hoping to get some explanation from both sides of the argument.

http://tinypic.com/v...pic=16a9ts7&s=6 (more distant view)    http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=1e6ltz&s=6 (closer one)

My Mum is under the belief that this is the face of my uncle looking over her as it seems to show a similar facial structure to that of her deceased brother whom passed away but a year ago. Any ideas of what it could be would be appreciated, thanks Matt.

Edited by Saru, 13 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.
Removed address

#2    seeking8

seeking8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I can not see it :(

#3    seeking8

seeking8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

My Mum is under the belief that this is the face of my uncle looking over her as it seems to show a similar facial structure to that of her deceased brother whom passed away but a year ago. Any ideas of what it could be would be appreciated, thanks Matt.

Found it! wow nice find :)

#4    Matt J

Matt J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Haha, thanks. Looking into getting a tinypic up and running to make it easier to find :)

#5    seeking8

seeking8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostMatt J, on 12 November 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Haha, thanks. Looking into getting a tinypic up and running to make it easier to find :)

Its given me a idea to do the same with the house where I saw a Shadow man thanks. hey it was a smart thing to do actually cause you never know what you will find ;)

#6    seeking8

seeking8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostMatt J, on 12 November 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

So I have just done the same as you the house I lived in many years ago and saw a shadow man and found something strange its not as cool as your find but when u have time check it out :) the address *snip* its the green house and the image is in the window on the right hand side above the downstairs window with the bars

Now it might be nothing but if you zoom in it does look kind of strange.

Edited by Saru, 13 November 2012 - 10:16 AM.
Removed address

#7    Matt J

Matt J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

ahhh yea :P

#8    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

definitely see what you mean about the possibility of a face. that's pretty creepy!

#9    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Well this sounds kind of spooky! It could be the ghost in the window

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,743 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

ic an see what you're referring to in the linked pics (i suggest you ask to have your home address removed from the thread though. that's not really a good idea)
yep kind of looks like someone standing there with a white shirt and dark jacket or sweater. it also looks like it could be a reflection or trick of light too.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#11    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Aargh I'm meant to be cooking dinner but I've been sucked in here!...  I found the google picture and I must agree with JGirl that you get rid of your address from this forum.  Not safe to splash it here.  The internet is scarier than any ghosts so please be careful!  Also you give a bit TMI about your families comings and goings.  So now I'm here in Australia worrying for you :unsure2:

In regards to the 'ghost', I have zoomed in as much as possible on Google maps and when you do that the 'face' is no longer there at all and it's just a blurry arrangement of random shapes, with possibly something (sort of) face shaped in a reddy orange colour in the background of the room.  Or it's a reflection of something.

I admit the smaller pictures you put up do look sort of human-like and look creepy but zoom right in and see if you still see a face.

Edited by Sunny Day, 13 November 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#12    Matt J

Matt J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostJGirl, on 13 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

ic an see what you're referring to in the linked pics (i suggest you ask to have your home address removed from the thread though. that's not really a good idea)
yep kind of looks like someone standing there with a white shirt and dark jacket or sweater. it also looks like it could be a reflection or trick of light too.

Yea, only decided to give it out becuase it can be found on google anyway and i feel it would add some more credibility to the thread. That said i am working to remove/edit the thread to include just the links, better to be safe than sorry :)

#13    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,817 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

I've edited the address from your post - definitely better to take a screenshot and post that instead. :)

#14    Matt J

Matt J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostSaru, on 13 November 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I've edited the address from your post - definitely better to take a screenshot and post that instead. :)

Thanks for the help saru :)

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

well there is no doubt that someone is at the window, but how can you be sure it is not a member of your family? does it state on the the google map the exact time the picture was taken?
I looked at google maps once and there was my old house, but it was taken 5 years prior to when I lived there, so the car I saw outside was not mine, hence stopping me running outside thinking someone was in my driveway there and then.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

Also tagged with google, streetview, ght, sighting, spooky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users