Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Venzualan fans riot

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

i don't see it around me, baseball,  am foobal, bball, those are major games i see kids play, soccer and lacrosse are  little played,. girls play soccer in gym class, as boys play am. football, but not in every scool. actually living in nyc i see ppl play soccer a lot more than in other cities, for 2 reasons, there is a lot of scholls\kids here, and there are many immigrants here that played soccer in their native countries. but if we take entire america, soccer isn't nearly as popular as traditionl american games.
i know plenty of european immigrants, that watch , and follow soccer, but their kids for the most part couldn't care less about soccer.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#17    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,300 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Over here on the west coast it's pretty big.  Maybe you're unaware of the New York Red Bulls, your local MLS team?  Or in the 60's 70's and early 80's the NY Cosmos, the American league team that the great Pele' played for?  I almost guarantee you that where you live more kids play pee-wee soccer than pee-wee football.

#18    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,006 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostOverSword, on 13 November 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

(that's right, you heard me.  American footballers can kick the stuffing out of euro rule footballers)
Please, a bunch of Boy Scouts could do that!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#19    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

I'm amazed at how the people running this one charity have so effectively marketed their cause. From corporate and special merchandising tags to professional sports, those pink ribbons are everywhere. I'd be curious to see how much goes to breast cancer patients and research.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users