Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

live six-inch lizard found in bag of salad

Still Waters

It was labelled ‘wild’ rocket salad from Italy.

But Ian Lock, 55, couldn’t believe his eyes when a live six-inch long lizard appeared amongst the leaves, crawling around inside.

The electrician said the sight of the creature in the bag he was about to use to make a sandwich made his ‘stomach turn over.’

http://www.dailymail...salad-pack.html

Does seem to be a lot of them and coming from Daily Mail you have to wonder.

If it is true look at it like this, you bought a pet lizard that came with a bag of food.

• Like 4

Does seem to be a lot of them and coming from Daily Mail you have to wonder.

If it is true look at it like this, you bought a pet lizard that came with a bag of food.

defiantly would of kept the lizard but im not to sure about the salad after that lizard being in there for awhile >.>, nature does what nature does.
  • Like 2

If the little bugger was still alive, that proves that the salad is fresh. No?

I'd eat the salad.

• Like 1

Just a little protein to go with your greens.

Not sure how a lizard could remain alive in a sealed package(little air left), but who knows.

Wonder if the package ingredients read "including one live lizard" :passifier:

That's a good-sized lizard and I would guess make the bag of lettuce noticeably heavy (-ier than the other bag they picked up) and cause the bag to move as the lizard did, even make a plastic crinkling noise. Possibly die in the bag in the frig for a week and should have eaten or torn it's way out en route, sometime?

So, not sure about this one. But having never found a lizard in my bag of greens, I can't say for sure.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I bet a lizard like that costs more at the pet store,than the salad cost .

Id be thrilled,ans make a little terrarium for him .Find out what kind of lizard he is,and voila ,new fun pet !

• Like 3

That's a baby dragon! Yuck! I thought out would be a cute little gecko or something.

It's not a good idea to eat the salad after you found that thing in it, it had all kinds of bacteria, including salmonella, all over it.

I would never buy that brand of salad again because they clearly don't take care to be clean.

It's the veggies that cause more cases of salmonella poisoning than meats because of the fertilizer used. Veggies need to be cleaned very well before eating. that salad with the lizard will never be clean enough for me! Yuck!

• Like 1

Dragons have much more interesting personalities than geckos,but geckos have those pretty eyelashes .

Packed with a live lizard for extra freshness!

Dragons have much more interesting personalities than geckos,but geckos have those pretty eyelashes .

And geckos chirp like a songbird.Did they determine that it was in fact a lizard, or a saladmander?

Yes, you're probably right about that, but I've never seen eye lashes on geckos! :D I'll have to look more closely!

Here's a cute gecko I captured in a photo. He/she looks a lot friendlier than the salad guy. Well, as friendly as geckos get anyway.

post-109094-0-65223400-1352870776_thumb.