Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Patients will view their NHS records online

surgeries patients nhs repeat prescriptions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,510 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

NHS patients will be given online access to their health records in the next three years under plans to be announced by the Government today.

Doctors’ surgeries will have to set up services to allow anyone to see their health files, book appointments and order repeat prescriptions on the internet.

People will also be given detailed information on the survival rates and success of treatments in their areas, so they can choose to go to more “successful” hospitals or doctors if they wish.

http://www.telegraph...hree-years.html

"book appointments and order repeat prescriptions on the internet."

They have that already at our surgery.

Posted Image

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Oh great, yet more personal details about us for the hackers to find....

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Eclipsed

• 10,351 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

A little while back I sent a handwritten letter to my GP and wrote PERSONAL on the envelope. A couple of weeks later I was having some blood taken by a nurse when I noticed that my letter to the doctor was up on the computer screen! Any of the staff could read it ....... I was furious!!!! I wrote to the doctor again, telling him how shocked I had been and would he please remove it from the computer and destroy the letter. His reply was, it's now their policy to put absolutely everything relating to the patient in one place on the computer ...... *splutters* :angry:  :td:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

you can opt out of "summary care records" by request. go to your GP and request not to be part of "summary care records" before it is too late. parents can opt their kids out too.
if you don't then by default your health records will be uploaded to a central database and available to anyone who the powers that be deem need access to it (which will eventually be, if not already, insurance companies, employers, social services, government workers, etc). so much for patient-doctor confidentiality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users