Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Ten Best (or Worst) Photos of Aliens

mug shots aliens

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,931 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Photos of supposed UFOs abound. Most of the time they show dark stains or bright dots in the sky, of varying dimension and quality, which could be due to a lot of things: military aircrafts, weather balloons, birds, meteors, etc. Sometimes the UFO is well focused, but the flying saucer always looks suspiciously similar to a pan lid suspended from a thread or a lamp holder or a wheel cap thrown in the air. And of course today the possibilities for digitally retouching an image are endless.

What are lacking, however, are credible photos of the creatures that should be flying these UFOs—the actual aliens or extraterrestrials. It appears there are no more than fifty such photos shot in the past eighty years, but once you take out those plainly fake and the more suspicious looking ones all you are left with are about ten photos. These are, essentially, “mug shots” of wanted extraterrestrials. Here is my personal list of the best (or worst) photos of aliens.

http://www.csicop.or...#When:22:40:55Z

Posted Image

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

:lol: and some people believe these!

Edited by Bling, 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#3    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,390 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Oh they're awefull.

Number 8 looks familiar though?

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostBling, on 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

:lol: and some people believe these!

Crazy, isnt it.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Who would believe those pictures.  They are funny though.

#6    Mantis914

Mantis914

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

I don't know about the other ones but the Chief Greenhaw and Solwirth pictures always have struck me as strange.  Why would someone come forward with this if they know all ready what people think of someone that reports something strange?  It's not like they didn't know that people would scoff at them and their pictures so why come forward and especially in the Solwirth case put his daughter's life in danger over a picture or lose everything in the Greenhaw case?   All I know is if I happen to get a picture of an unknown being, I'm tearing it up...  rather than deal with the criticism...

#7    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Those are fun!  But I don't know how anyone could look at them and think they were real.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

View Postlsra, on 14 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Those are fun!  But I don't know how anyone could look at them and think they were real.

You might be surprised how much of UFOLogy relies on this sort of thing. In fact, it is a good indicator as to what the exaggerated evidence out there actually culminates to. Roswell, Malmstrom, Phoenix are all as lacklustre as this when you get right down into it and roll your sleeves up.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#9    Pinguin

Pinguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

I must confess these pictures are horrible. They are clearly fake in my opinion. And for someone to believe these are real? I thought one was an ok photo; the one showing the silhouette.

#10    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

o the pictures are all real ! but the aliens in it i wonder which 1 is really real !

#11    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,275 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

It's no more than you'd expect from CISICOP, of course, an organisation that exists solely for purposes of mocking. His theories, for instance, about the Solway Spaceman are rather thin:
"Or maybe someone in the processing lab, knowing Jim’s penchant for tricks, decided to tamper with the film and play one on him?"
:unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#12    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

It's no more than you'd expect from CISICOP, of course, an organisation that exists solely for purposes of mocking. His theories, for instance, about the Solway Spaceman are rather thin:
"Or maybe someone in the processing lab, knowing Jim’s penchant for tricks, decided to tamper with the film and play one on him?"

Good post 747400, and a post that you beat me to making!...Our own Jim Oberg's CSI debunking-organisation are up to their usual tricks of pointing out the weak points within Ufology, that undoubtedly thrive down in the basement, in order to wrongly paint the whole it's population as being weak minded fools..thus negating any validity in the entire subject!
Picking on the photographic evidence of extraterrestrial entities, (or lack thereof) is a cheap shot in their efforts to bunch together all who are interested in open-minded research into the possibilities of the ETH into a neatly-bound pack of idiots!
When in actual fact...I know of very few proponents that have given any serious consideration to the absolute detritus that the link has compiled for that agenda!...All that is, ..except for the 'Neue Illustrierte' april fools day photograph of 1950., which I believe is out of place on that list. For the simple reason that it is one of the most...[if not the most]..famous and authentic-looking fakes of all time!...And i'll bet that I was not the only one that was 'blown-away' and taken in by it when I chanced upon it in my very first illustrated UFO book when I was just a small curious boy!..But of course, that didn't last too long. Eager to find out why there were still doubters of 'Alien Visitation' I soon came across the true story of that great photo! [hoax]...Hoaxes,as they undoubtedly all are..that particular one sticks out like a sore thumb, and is the only one that is worthy of being included on such a list!..But then as we know...that wasn't the motive for the article was it!
..incidently,..if you find yourself in the position of having to explain the origins of classically faked photographs to anyone new to the genre ,  such as that one ..I believe that you could not point them to a better place than  Isaac Koi's excellent site....

http://www.isaackoi....n-photo-01.html

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

In those days, without the technology we have in our own homes now, some people did believe the photos, and those who made them knew they would.
in a time when the photograph was still a bit of a miracle to many, the people with the equipment were having a ball.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

That is a very fair comment, CISCOP are not likely to post something positive. Nature of the beast.

But I would ask does better exist? Perhaps out astute members could improve upon these examples, if better exist, maybe we could even send an email to CISCOP and ask them to correct the article. Whilst it might not be fruitful, it also may well be. Worth a shot I think? If we can get a decent compilation, I would be happy to draft an email myself. Of course, being a group effort, I would place it here for comment before submission.

Anyone game?

Every-time I see your new cake Avatar, I think it is a hat at first glance. Funny that.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,583 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

The only thing that Looks real in any of this thread ,Is that Cheese cake on 747`s avatar !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users