Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2nd Amendment

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,505 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

yeh, but they would probably need a second mortgage to pay for a full magazine :devil:

There is always money to be found when it comes to guns 'n ammo.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#77    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 15 November 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Which ones?

Nibs
How soon everyone forgets .

Well this would be the third amendment he rapes,if it goes into affect ,but let's see.....
NDAA nukes the 5th,and all that cispa and arresting ppl for downloading and uploading ,yadda yadda ,is the 1rst  .You know,freedom of speech .There one other thing....it eludes me now...
I will post it when I remember it .

Being held no judge jury or trial ,is basically crapping on the basis of the entire constitution .
Unalienable rights and all . Freedom ,freedom of speech and right to bear arms.
Lest we not forget he signed codex alimentarius into being. And don't anyone show me some false Snopes article.
I know for a fact he signed ,as it affected my livelihood directly .
So ......yah.Sneaky b******.

Miss me?

#78    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 15 November 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

None are sold as fully auto but very easily converted.  Class 3 is not required based on the barrel length.

Nibs

Are you sure ?  It's always been my understanding that civilian model semi-autos ( like the AR-15 ) are specifically designed and manufactured ( by law )  in a way that makes it near impossible to convert them into full-auto.

Meaning you can't just swap out parts or grind a little here or there on the internals.

#79    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,463 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Are you sure ?  It's always been my understanding that civilian model semi-autos ( like the AR-15 ) are specifically designed and manufactured ( by law )  in a way that makes it near impossible to convert them into full-auto.

Meaning you can't just swap out parts or grind a little here or there on the internals.

it is always easy, on paper, and internet, conversion, reloading..... there are many "experts" here apperantly. you can see right away, who acualy done it, and who wants to belive thay can.

i,m not really knowlegable about details of ar, but ak can easy be converted, just buy a parts kit, it usually comes with full auto trigger group.

Edited by aztek, 15 November 2012 - 06:03 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#80    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

That applies to guns made in the USA, foreign made  "numbed down" assault rifles are exactly the same as the military version if you exclude the firing mechanism. That is easily replaceable by the hot version.

Edited by questionmark, 15 November 2012 - 06:11 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#81    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,464 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I guess I better go out and get the pistol grip 8 round shot gun I was looking at before Christmas.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#82    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

That applies to guns made in the USA, foreign made  "numbed down" assault rifles are exactly the same as the military version if you exclude the firing mechanism. That is easily replaceable by the hot version.

Okay. I'm a little confused then. I know that you can purchase foreign made AKs here in America. Yugo, Romanian, Russian, etc. But I would think that they would have to be built to BATF specs and not the " dumbed-down " foreign models that could be converted.

So basically, unless they were somehow smuggled in, they would never make it into the hands of Americans anyway.

#83    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 15 November 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Okay. I'm a little confused then. I know that you can purchase foreign made AKs here in America. Yugo, Romanian, Russian, etc. But I would think that they would have to be built to BATF specs and not the " dumbed-down " foreign models that could be converted.

So basically, unless they were somehow smuggled in, they would never make it into the hands of Americans anyway.

Not quite right, the BATF specs don't tell anybody how to build their guns, just that the conversion from civilian to military specs should be made difficult (because even the ATF knows that there is nothing impossible). That is quite a rubber paragraph that can be stretched in any direction. Is it difficult to change the loading carriage or is it difficult to change the trigger plate?

For somebody who has a lathe and a metal mill (and knows what to do with them) neither is. But as a warning to all now trying to buy them: just the fact that you changed your gun (even if you did not fire a single shot after that) could get you a lengthy stay in Leavenworth and a prohibition to own guns after you get out. It is a felony.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#84    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,463 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 15 November 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

you can convert semi auto gun to full auto, legaly, as long as you have class3 license. but you have to regester it as nfa weapon after. and pay iirc $ 200 tax on each transaction.. laws are tricky, always grey.

in nyc it is almost imposible to get pistol permit, black powder guns are allowed here with no lisence, but guns only, if you get cought with balls, caps and powder, you get charged, but i can have all that, since i have nyc pistol license. however even with pistol lisence, i can't have a bb gun. not much sence here. i  can legaly own a firearm, but not a bb gun.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#85    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostCorp, on 15 November 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

So infowars as a source and FEMA camps being brought up. Well good that people are using calm logical reasoning instead of baseless emotional parania. :rolleyes:

With all do respect, what does a logically reasoning person such as your self believe the Fema camps (of which there are many) are for? I sincerely hope your response will take away the worries I have about the direction of this great country and the future of its concerned, tax paying, law abidding, gun owning citizens.

#86    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,073 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 15 November 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

With all do respect, what does a logically reasoning person such as your self believe the Fema camps (of which there are many) are for? I sincerely hope your response will take away the worries I have about the direction of this great country and the future of its concerned, tax paying, law abidding, gun owning citizens.

There are no FEMA camps.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#87    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,463 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

there is fema camp set up on Floyd Bennett field right now. a tent city, for those who lived in Far rockaway.  but i don't think those are the camps, posters above talking about.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#88    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,353 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 November 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yes, you guys let so many of your rights being tweaked, but this one seems to be the most important for many US Americans.
I know it is a red line for many, many US citizens.  I realize this is very difficult for Europeans to understand because your history goes back much farther and "conquering" frontiers is so far back in your history that there is not much trace of it taught these days.  Americans like myself - 52 - and who grew up in rural or semi rural areas didn't just keep firearms for toys or sporting matches.  We put food on the table and also protected our homes and families with them.  It's AMAZING just how civil and respectful neighbors are when they KNOW that everyone who lives around them is armed.  That being said, it was never like living in fear or an armed camp.  It was just a common knowledge that you respected your neighbor's property, family and home.  And you knew he would do the same for you.  I realize that armed force is unnecessary in a civilized country to accomplish those goals but in the next few years I think you may be surprised at just how uncivilized desperate people can become.  Most Americans would be very hard pressed indeed to actually turn weapons on law enforcement if they came to confiscate people's guns....but I believe that most WOULD, if push came to shove.  I pray it never comes to that test.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#89    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,505 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View Postand then, on 15 November 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

It's AMAZING just how civil and respectful neighbors are when they KNOW that everyone who lives around them is armed.

Don't you think that that is a kind of false,disingenuous and  shallow sense of neighbourhood "friendship"?
It's like: "If I have this big gun I will get a lot of respect and everyone will be friendly to me"

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#90    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,353 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostEllJay, on 16 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Don't you think that that is a kind of false,disingenuous and  shallow sense of neighbourhood "friendship"?
It's like: "If I have this big gun I will get a lot of respect and everyone will be friendly to me"
You either did not read all the post or are ignoring my explanation of just the point you make.  The greater issue is that those days are gone and even where YOU live you may find that neighbors won't be as respectful if they are hungry and desperate.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users