Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFOs from Earth

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,390 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

View Postzoser, on 15 November 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Serious researcher in what way?  What methods?  What case studies have you examined?  What testimonies have you read.

I suggest you start all over again instead of posting this dismissive nonsense.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#32    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

UFOs really have been seen throughout history, and every so often someone digging through old records will come across another report from the time before the mass media, like this one from 1733.

I received an e-mail on my website today ( www.ColinAndrews.net ) from Alan Newitt in
England, drawing to my attention a report of a silver disc darting across the sky as fast as
a falling star. It was witnessed by several people in and near the small village of Fleet in
the county of Dorset, England. The thing that made this so important was that it took place
on December 8, 1733.

Transcribed by Keith Searson

On December 8 1733, James CRACKER of Fleet , a small village in Dorset, saw a slivery
disc fly overhead in broad daylight. Here is his eyewitness account:

“Something in the sky which appeared in the north but vanished from my sight, as it was
intercepted by trees, from my vision. I was standing in a valley. The weather was warm,
the sun shone brightly. On a sudden it re-appeared, darting in and out of my sight with an
amazing coruscation. The colour of this phenomenon was like burnished, or new washed
silver. It shot with speed like a star falling in the night. But it had a body much larger and a
train longer than any shooting star I have seen”

“Next day Mr EDGECOMBE informed me that he and another gentleman had seen this
strange phenomenon at the same time as I had. It was about 15 miles from where I saw it,
and steering a course from east to north”.

http://www.google.co...hH-L8KK-IslEtcg

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 16 November 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#33    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

And has anyone else ever heard of this "urban legend", which ran in a Canadian newspaper in 1930 and involved what would later have been called a UFO report and a "missing" Eskimo village.

On a cold November night in 1930 a fur trapper named Armad Laurent was travelling with his two teenage sons. The trio witnessed a “huge light, for it seemed to be as big as a steamship, changed shape from moment to moment…..it was as round as a ball, now like an enormous bullet, now shaped like a star. The light changed course in the sky many times before streaking at a great speed, straight as an arrow, towards the north and out of our sight.”

A couple of days later a pair of Mounties were said to stop at Laurent’s isolated home. As they partook of a generous standing offer of hot coffee, biscuits and homemade honey Laurent inquired what brought them out his way. They are rumored to have replied “Eskimos disappearing, stuff like that. Nothing important.” Now we include this here-say  to show the PERCEPTION (if not the reality) of the disregard towards Natives. Nothing important.

Laurent is said to have related his tale and inform the Mounties that the “light seemed to be heading in the direction of the lake.” Laurent was never questioned further, a disappointing but understandable oversight.

Enter French Canadian trapper Joe Labelle (who the Mounties said was “new to the area” ie outsider). Labelle claimed to snow shoe to the remote Eskimo village near Lake Anjkuni(Angkun). Normally greeted by the barking of sled dogs and children begging for hard candy he was instead met with silence. The village of approximately 30 people was deserted. It was the manner in which the village was left which has been the souce of the long-lived mystery.

Labelle found “pots of stewed caribou with a thick layer of ice…..children’s toys were scattered on the floor.” He found a seal-skin parka with two bone needles still in it. Labelle continued “The boats and the kayaks were tied at the shore. Even the harpoons were still on board, and the half-stripped carcass of a walrus was just as the men left it.” Even the rifles were left behind. Some hanging over makeshift fireplaces others propped next to the caribou flap doors of empty homes.

Labelle informed the Mounties (who acknowledge contact and claim they asked neighbors of Lake Village and decided it was false information) and as the “story” goes the Mounties came out and investigated the village. They found the missing sled dogs tied to some trees under a snow drift (at this point the village men would be without their guns, sleds, kayaks and harpoons not one of these items would have been left behind in the village). The Native folk are nomadic but according to the tale the place seemed abandoned in the middle of a normal day.

There were no signs of a struggle and no footprints that lead way from the scene. Supposedly the RCMP employed some of the best trackers in a “search” that spanned all of Canada and even ventured into the northwest United States to no avail. We have been contacted by an individual who claims to have a request from the Canadians in regards to this story but we have not received follow-up information in 6 months, so if he reads this “holla” as the kids say.

The most disturbing claim in this case is the apparent exhumation of an Eskimo grave(s).  The rocks marking the grave were undisturbed but the grave had been dug up. If this is true it would be quite the feat. The land was in a state of permafrost, one account tells of an unnamed Mountie who said it would have required a jack-hammer and weeks of back-breaking work to empty the grave. A FOIA request regarding this case has been filed with no reply back yet.

http://thespiritseek...he-fourth-kind/

#34    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 November 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

Buzz Aldrin was deliberately misquoted on his version of the Apollo 11 UFO, which by all counts is debris from the mission. Is there a specific case you have in mind?

Edgar Mitchell on Apollo 14.

#35    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,390 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostAntilles, on 16 November 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Edgar Mitchell on Apollo 14.

Ahh, the flight he conducted the ESP experiments on and had his religious experience on.

Not sure how he could have seen aliens, when every interview he claims to have no personal knowledge of aliens, but claims to have been "let in" on insider information.

In May, 1996, in a 3-hour interview with Art Bell on the Coast to Coast radio program, Mitchell claimed no personal knowledge of alien spacecraft landing in Roswell, New Mexico, that the notion of there being alien-built structures on the moon was "pure fantasy," and that there were no anomalies seen on Apollo 14 suggesting extra-terrestrial life.

Not sure wether to believe Dr Mitchell, or Dr Mitchell on that one ;) Certainly an enigmatic character.

Edited by psyche101, 16 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#36    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,173 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 November 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

:D It just keeps getting better. It sounds like you have stumbled on Messier Objects, the Butterfly Cluster is particularly spectacular I find.

Finding a plane in a telescope is very doable, this A320 photo was taken through a telescope.

Posted Image

LINK
That's obviously a shapeshifting fake plane, probably used for laying Chemtrails, disguised as a Lufthansa A320. You can always tell. There's loads of viedos of them on YouTube. :innocent:

"It's nice" ~ Jurgen Klopp.

#37    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,173 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 November 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

If that is the case we should not be seeing them inside of the atmosphere only. We know that thousands of reports of sighting exist, yet every single one is terrestrial with regards to it's flight path.

But that's the whole point; they'd (they might be) only visible when they decelerate, if you like, when they reach their destination. Hence they wouldn't be visible in space. Besides, I think there are a few reports of obsevrations outside the atmosphere, aren't there .... :innocent:

As far as the physics lesson goes, I wasn't using Dimensions in a literal scientific sense, more as a figure of speech. nOT THAT THEy* might come from other Dimensions, in the strictly technical scientific sense, but that might in some way be a means that they've devised to cover those inconvenient distances of space.

* Craps lock

Edited by 747400, 16 November 2012 - 09:05 AM.

"It's nice" ~ Jurgen Klopp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users