Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ethics and legal issues behind abortion

Blood_Sacrifice

Ethics and legal issues behind abortion  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Morally you support abortion only when

• The woman's life is at fatal (or similar) risk
    • Rape case scenario
    • Genetic deformities of the fetus
    • As a 'contraceptive method' to unwanted pregnancies
    • All case
    • Never - not even when the woman's health is at fatal risk
  2. 2. Legally when do you support abortion?

• The woman's life is at fatal (or similar) risk
    • Rape case scenario
    • Genetic deformities of the fetus
    • As a 'contraceptive method' to unwanted pregnancies
    • All case
    • Never - not even when the woman's health is at fatal risk

Rlyeh.. this is not what I was getting at...Your previous sentence was...

Oh so it is different when the article uses "attach to". The sentence I quoted makes no reference to "inside", they must be talking about outside the uterus!! :rolleyes:
The baby is attached to the womans body... <-- As the sentence was written, it was incorrect The correct sentence should have been ( as you wanted to use the word attached ) - The baby is attached to the umbilical cord, which is connected to the placenta inside the female body... The baby is not attached to the female body, it is inside it
You're arguing for the sake of it. Being more descriptive does not make a less descriptive statement incorrect.
Example - If you had of said.. - "Our muscles are attached to our bodies".... Again that sentence is incorrect, saying attached to something indicates they are attached on the outside of our bodies ... It should read - Our muscles are attached to our skeleton... You wouldn't need to say inside the body, for we already know that..

Difference is - inside and out..

This has already been addressed, muscles are part of the body, so yes your example sounds weird but not for the reason you cited.

Oh so it is different when the article uses "attach to". The sentence I quoted makes no reference to "inside", they must be talking about outside the uterus!!

Anything attached TO the body, is on the outside.. It's a fact... Just like anything attached TO other objects, they are seen on the OUTSIDE of that object.. ....And NO, you at that point did not mention the uterus

You're arguing for the sake of it.

Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining.. You know fine well I rarely argue with you..In fact I cannot recall last time I did.. So give it a rest

so yes your example sounds weird

Only to those that do not understand it .. If I tell you I have a tumour on my brain.. does that tell you it's attached to my body? Or attached to the brain? Which makes it INTERNAL ..because the brain is on the INSIDE.. If the tumour was attached to my body, it would be seen on the outside

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Anything attached TO the body, is on the outside.. It's a fact... Just like anything attached TO other objects, they are seen on the OUTSIDE of that object.. ....And NO, you at that point did not mention the uterus

So the embryo is attached to the outside of the uterus?

You can't have it both ways, if attach to object means OUTSIDE, then according to you the article is also wrong.

I've already shown you what the article says, the sentence in question does not say inside.

"A UCSF-led research team has identified the first molecular step that allows a week-old human embryo to attach to the uterus."

Edited by Rlyeh

So the embryo is attached to the outside of the uterus?

You can't have it both ways, if attach to object means OUTSIDE, then according to you the article is also wrong.

That point you raised in ref to the uterus, was not the point that I was getting at.. All I was saying to you was - When toy said these words - The baby is attached to the body .. . I tried to tell you, that how you worded that was incorrect, because how it is worded, indicates the baby was attached on the outside of her body The baby is attached inside ..That is all I am trying to say here .. I didn't expect a full blown argument . I figured you would just say - Yea well I meant the uterus.and so on .. I had no issue with your article posted

That point you raised in ref to the uterus, was not the point that I was getting at.. All I was saying to you was - When toy said these words - The baby is attached to the body .. . I tried to tell you, that how you worded that was incorrect, because how it is worded, indicates the baby was attached on the outside of her body The baby is attached inside ..That is all I am trying to say here .. I didn't expect a full blown argument . I figured you would just say - Yea well I meant the uterus.and so on .. I had no issue with your article posted

This is getting ridiculous, you said "anything attached TO other objects, they are seen on the OUTSIDE of that object".

Why are you making an exception when the article says it?

Edit: It's been your entire argument that "attach to" means outside.

Edited by Rlyeh

I had to also check this one :

As a 'contraceptive method' to unwanted pregnancies

Only for the fact that if my 12 or 13 year old daughter in some stupid scenario ( not so much rape ) became pregnant.

This is getting ridiculous, you said "anything attached TO other objects, they are seen on the OUTSIDE of that object".

Why are you making an exception when the article says it?

When I first approached your post ( pages ago ) The article was never up for question, in fact it wasn't mentioned at the time.. Just your sentence alone. - Baby attached to the body..

Anyhoo.. you are right it is getting ridiculous .. So its ends here with me.. I didn't mean for it to turn into an argument.. You know me, I rarely argue anything with you.. I was just making a point..

Yes, he claimed to be a teacher; on top of that, years ago he claimed that if a person allowed their child (I don't remember whose child, exactly) to go on top of a roof, and believe that if they jumped off, they would fly... they would actually be able to fly. I remember that conversation. It was around Christmas (December of 2009 I think) one year.

And this is why I don't take him very seriously. And this is an ad hominem attack, before you self-proclaimed experts in formal logic deconstruct my post.

And, sorry; I thought this was directed at Mr. Walker, because he claimed on different occasions to be a teacher... which I had a hard time believing. The misunderstanding was at the fault of my own, but my point still stands about Walker.

I am a teacher and have been for nearly 40 years.

You either misunderstood or misrepresent what i said about flying. That is too complex to go into now.

Most days, especially when the wind is in my face and there is a down hill slope, i have a go at flying, and a lot of days i try to walk through walls.

The point is of course that i do not succeed, but that is not a reason to stop trying. In life, if you stop trying, you never can succeed.

I do a lot of night flying in lucid dreams and obes, so perhaps you got that confused. And my brother once jumped from a shed roof with a home made parachute attached, which we were experimenting with as a drag chute for a pushbike. Actually he did it a few times, but that was considered normal child's play back in the mid 1900s.

I satisfied my urge to fly by hang gliding, which is about as close as a human can get to natural flight. No one should ever straight out tell a child they cannot fly (or do anything else), but NO i wouldnt recommend a child jumping from a high roof, especiaily without a parachute :innocent:

Walker, I most-certainly did not misinterpret what you said. In fact, I can go back and retrieve the exact quote... if you'd like.

Walker, I most-certainly did not misinterpret what you said. In fact, I can go back and retrieve the exact quote... if you'd like.

Happy for you to do so, and we can re-examine the context of the debate.

Off all the things to discuss here, you people are arguing for semantics ("Attatched to, attatched in...")! Oh well. At least made me smile in such a serious topic." :)

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice