Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

BEK's

dafaq?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

hello everyone, i was recently looking around the Internet for weird stuff until i stumbled on something:

Black Eyed Kids

they seem to be kids with totally black eyes, people who encountered them say that there eyes mimic emptiness and they get the feeling of unexplained terror and fright when they look in the kid's eyes

the kids seem to come in numbers to a lone driver in his car and they ask if they can come in and that they are lost

they also seem to come in a mature form, asking for your phone if they can use it.

here is the link to the whole story: http://mysteriousuni...-in-the-making/

what do you guys think, i don't know what to think about it, can't say if is fake or plausible

thanks, cata

Posted Image

#2    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,287 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Black Eyed Kids were created by Texas reporter Brian Bendis in 1998 on Usenet's alt.folklore.ghost-stories.

It was creepypasta before there was creppypasta.

Nothing more than an internet scary story that became an urban legend, i.e. Slenderman, smiledog.jpg, etc.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,596 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Many threads exist on this forum regarding the legend of the Black-Eyed Kids/Children/People

Black Eyed People, Children

Black Eyed People

Okay... I saw something really weird today

Black Eyed Kids

black eyed kids

Are The Black-Eyed Children Entities Real?

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,534 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Fortunately not much "thinking" needs to be spent on this story.
Whenever I see wierd stuff like this I research for the "fake" behind it, sort of like Scientology and Ron Hubbard.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,939 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

I believe in ghosts after seeing one but I don't give much credit to these stories.

#6    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Who are the BEKs?

The Devil comes in many forms,
often in forms appearing to be harmless creatures,
it is part of the lure....

Posted Image

A BEK bunny - don't let the fluff and fur fool you, look at the eyes....

#7    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

this all could be a hoax like slender guy but it still keeps my attention on it.....

i would bash their face in if i had the chance and see the outcome, since they don't react like normal people

Posted Image

#8    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 6,287 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostCataclysmic faith, on 17 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

this all could be a hoax like slender guy but it still keeps my attention on it.....

i would bash their face in if i had the chance and see the outcome, since they don't react like normal people

It is a hoax. It was started by a story a guy wrote in '98.

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

#9    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

It seems a little uninspired and lacking as an urban legend set of creatures, you could say beware The Crimson Eyed Old Hags that descend from streetlamps if you look outside of your bedroom window between 3am and 4am and it'd be much creepier!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 17 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

It seems a little uninspired and lacking as an urban legend set of creatures, you could say beware The Crimson Eyed Old Hags that descend from streetlamps if you look outside of your bedroom window between 3am and 4am and it'd be much creepier!
I dunno theres something awfully creepy about children with black eyes coming up to you asking for a ride, or to use your phone. and showing utterly no emotion at all.

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Black Eyed Kids were created by Texas reporter Brian Bendis in 1998 on Usenet's alt.folklore.ghost-stories.

It was creepypasta before there was creppypasta.

Nothing more than an internet scary story that became an urban legend, i.e. Slenderman, smiledog.jpg, etc.
Never heard of Smiledog

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 6,287 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 18 November 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Never heard of Smiledog

http://creepypasta.w.../wiki/Smile_Dog

It's made the rounds on UM a few times.

The Rake is another good one, too.
http://creepypasta.w...m/wiki/The_Rake

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 18 November 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#12    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Of course it sounds creepy, I certainly would rather avoid such an encounter! Though it just reminds me of that weird kid off The Grudge :D I'd find it creepier if it was kids with a big hook for a hand that stood beside your bed or something lol.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Just did a quick Google check and you can get the contact lenses for less than $20.

So the next time someone counters your explanation with "those things cost hundreds of dollars.  kids can't buy them" you now know what to say.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#14    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Of course it sounds creepy, I certainly would rather avoid such an encounter! Though it just reminds me of that weird kid off The Grudge :D I'd find it creepier if it was kids with a big hook for a hand that stood beside your bed or something lol.

Fish hooks like the fisherman's "I know what you did last summer" type of image?

Posted Image

it LOOKS like the guy in the bruce lee movie even darth vader...oee

MAYBE these BEK's are fishing for souls....???

#15    ImaLoner

ImaLoner

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

View Postaraxia, on 17 November 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Who are the BEKs?

The Devil comes in many forms,
often in forms appearing to be harmless creatures,
it is part of the lure....

Posted Image

A BEK bunny - don't let the fluff and fur fool you, look at the eyes....

I just needed to say.. That is one of the cutest bunnies ever!

As far as BEKs go, I think what is so frightening to so many is just how unnatural it seems.  The whole "the eyes are the windows to the soul" idea, so black eyes = no soul, no soul = unholy/menacing.  From all of the supposed accounts I've read, and I've really read more than I can count at this point, no one has ever just said to one of them, "Dude, what's your deal?  You planning on trying to kill me or what?  And, what exactly ARE you?  Would you like a hot pocket and a frosty beverage while you explain?"  IF these accounts are real (I doubt that these folks have had encounters and I believe that they just want to spin a yarn.. or most of them, anyway), I get that they're "scared", but c'mon, these "encounters" seem to last at least long enough for someone to recover his or her faculties, once they are through peeing themselves.  I don't believe in them, but they are definitely fun to ponder.  Brian Bethel would probably be uber surprised and/or happy to see versions of his initial creation not only still around, but increasing in number.  Or maybe he does know, and the spreading of the legend pleases and/or amuses him.  I bet he wishes he had put his creativity to better use and just wrote a novel.  He'd be more successful and a darn sight richer.  BTW, Brian Bethel is still alive and well and apparently he has a blog for anyone interested.  However, he hasn't published any new entries recently.  There is a rather in depth posting titled A bit about ... me   And if you read that, you'll see how his interests may have given birth to BEKs.  Check it out here:  http://brianbethel.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users