Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Independent god ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Borana

Borana

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

What is God? What form he, she, it has? Is God-form independent of Sun, moon, stars,  planets or ancestors?

#2    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

I don't think my creator can be understood from my perspective in my little world. This is a physical world, and my creator isn't physical. Therefore, I can't understand what it really is. So I represent symbolically using the Sun, moon, etc. But whatever it may really be, it's there inside, just as I am inside it. I am that creator. So I start to understand when people say look for God inside, not outside or in the clouds. You are a piece of the creator.

The creator could be a non physical being, even something as crazy as the creator being an emotion, like love.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#3    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

I think of it as most basic form of the principle of change. Take it as you want I'd be here all day trying to explain it :P

#4    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

God is what you want it to be, I don't believe there is an absolute answer, you either believe or not. Personally I don't believe there is a god, whether attached to religion or not. And if I have any doubts all I have to do is Google infant deaths, illness, suffering, wars, hatred, famine....and so on.

Edited by Bling, 16 November 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#5    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,176 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Whereas,  if i did not know there was a god, from personal contact with it, I would know god existed from the nature of man. Capable of; love, compassion, empathy ,grief,  music, art, joy, architecture, engineering, maths, science, language and poetry.

A being of great creative and destructive potentials; capable of reshaping the universe, in time. Evolution  has demonstrated in us, that it is capable of creating creatures who will evolve into a god or gods. Given the age, and nature of the universe as we know it, at least one god type (relative to us) is inevitable.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#6    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,176 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

So true MW.

The sun has more electrical connections and complexity than our brain does. How do we know it is not concious.

What about a galaxy? Or even a system of galaxy's..

God would merely be the conciousness of some highly ordered system. Most likely the entire system of this universe or even mutiverses. Including the parts beneath the iceberg.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#7    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostBorana, on 16 November 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

What is God? What form he, she, it has? Is God-form independent of Sun, moon, stars,  planets or ancestors?
he would have to be non physical to be omnipresent otherwise he would be restrained by his own laws of nature. if there was nothing before him and he created everything that would mean that he is in everything simultanously (including your self) and so hes out of time and in time, as time is only mesured by the cycle of the moon and stars.

`And be true to every promise - for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made.
al-isra 17:34

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,092 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

God is a sound people make when they're too tired to think anymore. - Edward Abbey

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,092 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 November 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

So true MW.

The sun has more electrical connections and complexity than our brain does. How do we know it is not concious.
And the earth has the same materials as a car, therefore it must be a car.

#10    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,012 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

I am a pantheist, so God/Goddess is everything. I think the Universe is a living entity. Is it is conscious and aware? Yes, because I am an aspect of the Universe and I am aware.  So is my dog, my cat and the tree in the yard, we are all different aspects of the whole.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#11    Borana

Borana

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

The Nourishment you got from music, literature, poetry to your heart and Nourishment from Sun to your body and environment is Spirit, god. Sun, moon, stars, planets have harmonical gravity or love to our planet earth. Our ancestor revered them. And made emblems of their religion out of them. Islam emblem is a mixture of sun, moon and star.
   Our ancestors have also have connection with us  like astronomical objects on skys. Therefore our ancestors made gods , saints from kings, . . .
   But to suppose we have antrophormic god on mysterious place, who will prepare a place to live without night or nightclub, beer and  moonlight, theatre, movie, . . . Such man-god i don't like it. For me my forefathers has more influential than this kind. That's why ancients revered their ancestors.

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Today the main religions are based on 1 God. I can understand the Greeks and Romans beliefs in their Gods which depicted the natural elements and what we can actually see, eg: sun, moon, stars. But what I will never understand is how 2 intelligent civilizations disowned their gods to follow one which can not be seem or felt?

I do not believe in A god, but do respect nature and all it has to offer us, I respect the universe, the Earth we live on, and time. I do not see a reason why i should "believe" in these because they are there and are apart of my reality, I do not believe they exist, I KNOW THEY EXIST.
To me there is nothing greater than time, mother nature and the Universe we live in, who created them? well, I am far too small to question them, but I am big enough to respect them.

Edited by freetoroam, 16 November 2012 - 01:59 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#13    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostBling, on 16 November 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Personally I don't believe there is a god, whether attached to religion or not. And if I have any doubts all I have to do is Google infant deaths, illness, suffering, wars, hatred, famine....and so on.

Who said a creator had to be perfect? Old books written by men, right?

#14    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

God is a sound people make when they're too tired to think anymore. - Edward Abbey

Np, God is a sound people make when they are Man. I've noticed a dividing of those who think scientifically losing their ability to think philosophically. Maybe one day it will come back together.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,092 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View Post_Only, on 16 November 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I've noticed a dividing of those who think scientifically losing their ability to think philosophically. Maybe one day it will come back together.
Perhaps they see how pointless it is? Science left philosophy and got results.

Edited by Rlyeh, 16 November 2012 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users