Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Croatian hero Ante Gotovina acquitted of war

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,100 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

With genetic ruling experience, from his Ottoman side, mind you :lol:

I may die now, I've lived long enough to see everything fall into its place... Well, not exactly everything yet, but the course was set.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#62    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Helen of Annoy,
to their god awful middle-easternish music.
lol

Im not here to collect likes but to tell truth. Ouija is probably one of common people. Like we. I stressed out that common people are good between themselves. Many British came here as tourists and we treat them like lords. Its ruling class which use this arguments for their political goals. Im sure she wasnt on Bleiburg. Even if she was we cant blame common people in British army. But one personell who issused order. But then again how would British know that civilians would be killed? So...Its one of those cases.
Im aware that she didnt stressed out that she was English. But who run the show in UK? Welsh? I dont think so. If you step on English foot be sure all UK will be mad.
Atleast thats how I see it. Anyway, I tried to explain why ruling elite in our countries are having such stances. I could be wrong.

Edited by the L, 24 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#63    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

England is a beautiful country with good people. Very polite and welcoming. There are of course idiots but we all have them. Their lack of knowledge of what is happening in other parts of the world is to blame on their government and the news that are presented to them. I know that the British government played a dirty role in the balkan conflict but the ordinary citizen somehow new better. We must not forget that the srebian loby had a great influence on Britain and France. Things have changed a bit but not as much as I would like.
Governments are cuting deals to position themselves in the global political and economical market without much consideretion how this will affect the ordinary population.

#64    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Odas I think that in future when France, Dutch and UK realy realize what Serbia role was in Ex Yu wars that Serbia will loose friends in West.
Edit: Or is that just my wish... Time will tell.

On another hand Serbia is bridge to Russia. France,UK and Russia were united because of Germany. Question is .-Did UK need Serbia to be good with Russia? Hardly not,when you notice that Germany seek for their interests in Croatia and Turkey in Bosnia. Meaning Russia will never leave Serbia due Orthdox church and due Turkey and Germany and UK intersts on Balkan. Its like balance. Now when USA go involve to protect firstly their interests on Balkan against Russia--meaning Serbia, troguh Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo gave Russians one more reason to protect their Orthodox brothers.
So USA did what was so obvious. Croatia was joined in NATO. So now, things are little different when Croatia become 1st USA country on Balkan plus they build largest fortress in Europe-Kosovo. Many reasons why there. Geopolitical.

Edited by the L, 24 November 2012 - 04:15 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#65    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I think slowly they realize. Kosovo general Haradinaj was just aquitet of alleged war crimes during the 98/99 agression of serbia on kosovo. Another victory for the truth.

#66    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,100 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postodas, on 29 November 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I think slowly they realize. Kosovo general Haradinaj was just aquitet of alleged war crimes during the 98/99 agression of serbia on kosovo. Another victory for the truth.

No, they don’t. Not yet.
For Serbian top politicians and all their media it’s the Vatican controlling Madeline Albright or vice versa... You can’t find one media (or god forbid, an influential politician) in Serbia that will even mention it was Serbian expansionist aggression that made others defend their own lives.
Serbian politicians can be persuaded, at best, to accept Milosevic (and no one else) was a little out of line but they will never face the truth. It’s the consequence of almost 100 years of politics that favoured, whitewashed and encouraged chetnik bestiality.

They still refuse to admit they started the war, intentionally targeted non-Serbian civilians as part of their ethnic cleansing project, and they especially refuse to admit they lost that war.  
They have extremists in power, legally elected, who still hope for some supernatural Russian (and Russian-influenced semi-European) intervention that will reinstate them as the leading authority in the region.
My country is finally out of that region, the oxymoronic West Balkans was reduced to Serbia or what will be left from Serbia after all rightful secessions are finished, and Toma Grobar won’t learn anything from that. Chetniks will never understand it were their actions, their crimes that drove their first neighbours, people who might have been their natural allies, away from them. They simply don’t understand the importance of reciprocity, if not equality.  
It’s sad but not important. Not anymore.

Congratulations to Kosovars, may we all live to see some boring times for a change  :D

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 29 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

#67    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

View Postthe L, on 24 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Helen of Annoy,
to their god awful middle-easternish music.
lol

Im not here to collect likes but to tell truth. Ouija is probably one of common people. Like we. I stressed out that common people are good between themselves. Many British came here as tourists and we treat them like lords. Its ruling class which use this arguments for their political goals. Im sure she wasnt on Bleiburg. Even if she was we cant blame common people in British army. But one personell who issused order. But then again how would British know that civilians would be killed? So...Its one of those cases.
Im aware that she didnt stressed out that she was English. But who run the show in UK? Welsh? I dont think so. If you step on English foot be sure all UK will be mad.
Atleast thats how I see it. Anyway, I tried to explain why ruling elite in our countries are having such stances. I could be wrong.

I'm still reading the posts here! :)

I am very definitely a 'common' person and I am English. Something that I need to correct though: if an English foot is trodden on, Welsh, Scottish and Irish citizens will be laughing, I can assure you!

The last members of my family to fight in a war were my father and two of my uncles in WW2. This is what is so crazy about war(in general), the common man doesn't want to fight the common man from the enemy country once he has seen him face to face, seen the effect of bombing. It's the so-called 'elite' who fire them up and feed them propaganda.

I wish I could afford to visit your beautiful country :hmm:

I also laughed at Helen's comment about Serbian music!

View Postodas, on 24 November 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

England is a beautiful country with good people. Very polite and welcoming. There are of course idiots but we all have them. Their lack of knowledge of what is happening in other parts of the world is to blame on their government and the news that are presented to them. I know that the British government played a dirty role in the balkan conflict but the ordinary citizen somehow new better. We must not forget that the srebian loby had a great influence on Britain and France. Things have changed a bit but not as much as I would like.
Governments are cuting deals to position themselves in the global political and economical market without much consideretion how this will affect the ordinary population.

What you say is true and what leaves me speechless is that our government doesn't even try to hide the fact that it is not the slightest bit concerned about plight of the ordinary population.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#68    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,100 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Good :D
In that case, a little update:
Now the Croatian far right has declared general Gotovina has betrayed their cause by speaking sanely, rationally and calmly.
They resent him everything: calling the nation to turn to the future, thanking the mostly lefty Croatian officials on their efforts to prove the legality of Homeland war, inviting Serbs to return to their homes in Croatia, they resent him his “pacifism” and even his Catholicism(!).
Practically anonymous neo-fascists (and it’s klerofašizam, fascism with quasi-religious base!) accuse the general who has liberated Croatia of treason and of too much Christian pacifism. *gasp*

Croatian far right always was troll-ridden, but luckily, they have zero influence on grown-up, literate population. And now they have committed political, moral and social suicide, to my endless amusement.

I can’t wait for their next step. It will be like in that old joke: “Yesterday we were at the edge of a cliff and today we have made a big step forward.” :lol:
If their feet lodged deeply in their mouths don't prevent them from taking any further steps.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 30 November 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users