Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Orbs and image in mirror

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I have a photo of an 'orb' taken in my local church, but I can't find it.  I'm sloppy at tagging my photos when I file them.

A friend of mine saw it on my computer recently and insists it's clearly the spirit of one of the faithfully departed coming back to visit his old place of worship.  I tried explaining but he was having none of it.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#32    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 18 November 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

I have a photo of an 'orb' taken in my local church, but I can't find it.  I'm sloppy at tagging my photos when I file them.

A friend of mine saw it on my computer recently and insists it's clearly the spirit of one of the faithfully departed coming back to visit his old place of worship.  I tried explaining but he was having none of it.

ARchimedes, you know as well as I do that once someone believes the "orbs" in a photo are of a spiritual nature there is no amount of logic or empiricism that will dissuade them.  You might as well nod and smille.  Make a big printout of it and autograph it for your friend.

#33    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,300 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

Looks like people got so tired of showing the facts of what orbs are ( dust, moisture ) over the weeks, months, years, that no one is bothering anymore....I get tired of it myself, they have been explained over and over again, with 100% proof to support the facts.

Orbs are dust and/ or moisture.....Nothing more, nothing less...

Search " orbs " on this site, ( and other sites, besides paranormal sites ) ton of topics showing exactly what they are.

I know what you mean. I get tired of saying over and over that I've seen many of them without the aid of a camera, my kids and grandkids have seen them, I lived on an island for years where their existence is openly acknowledged and both indigenous and non-indigenous people see them, they are often seen during Native American ceremonies... No cameras involved, and any pictures posted of these events would be written off, anyway, so here we are at a stalemate. If I hadn't seen them myself, I would probably question them myself. Heck, I saw them and DID question myself. Don't know what they are, where they come from, but I do love seeing them.

#34    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

It really saddens me that we are still discussing this! The topic of "Orbs" has been covered here and has been laid to rest. You can do a search for it. Orb's are nothing more than artifacts or natural objects. Nothing more. Lens flare, dust, moisture, bugs and the list goes on my friend. Because they are so easily explained, they simply cannot be counted as evidence, and automatically are discounted. Please go search these forums my friend.

#35    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,300 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have researched orbs. Having seen many of them,  both day and night, indoors and out, and in extremely diverse geographical locations, with my eyes, in the company of others, I believe they are a real phenomena. As to what they are, cryptids, some kind of bioluminescent critter, or "other-worldly", I don't know. Photos of orbs? That's different from seeing them without the aid of a camera. One can see orbs on many of the islands in the Western Pacific, in Hawaii, in Native American ceremony, etc. I have seen them in all of those places, along with the people around me. So I don't question their existence; but I do wonder what they are.

#36    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostBeany, on 24 November 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I have researched orbs. Having seen many of them,  both day and night, indoors and out, and in extremely diverse geographical locations, with my eyes, in the company of others, I believe they are a real phenomena. As to what they are, cryptids, some kind of bioluminescent critter, or "other-worldly", I don't know. Photos of orbs? That's different from seeing them without the aid of a camera. One can see orbs on many of the islands in the Western Pacific, in Hawaii, in Native American ceremony, etc. I have seen them in all of those places, along with the people around me. So I don't question their existence; but I do wonder what they are.

My wife lived in Hawaii for quite a long time. This is the first she heard of this. It is the first I have heard of Native Americans seeing them also.

Any links on this?

And I know this sounds so cliche', but if people can see them, so can video cameras and cameras. Someone you would think would have some good documentation taking a video of what they see, with descriptive play by play comment to accompany it.

Now, a camera can not see what a person sees if it is not really there.

Edited by Sakari, 24 November 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#37    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Glowing orbs flying around would be a tremendous area for scientific study since they would be a safety hazard and suggest some kind of controlled energy is being generated somehow.

If they existed.

Edited by scowl, 24 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#38    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

And as I have pointed out many times...
Over the last 30+ years I have sporadically seen what I have perceived to be small self-illuminated balls of light (deliberately avoiding referring to orbs...), invariably either red or blue in color, and between 1cm to 5cm in size.  I have seen these while conducting photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.  In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated balls of light on camera - either film or digital media.  As a researcher that raises a significant alarm, as it does make me question whether these balls of light actually exist in front of my eyes at all, or whether they are some sort of artefact like phosphenes, or indeed some defect, in either the eye or the optic nerve.  So yes I have regularly perceived something strange, but even after all this time my personal jury is still out on what exactly these things are, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are probably an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#39    Aspieman

Aspieman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Orbs are spirit manifestations.Just because primitive orblike images can be reproduced does not mean that true orbs are not real.
There are faces discernible in true orbs.True orbs can be captured in dry cold outdoor locations as well as indoor dusty locations.If there is a deadhead-non spiritual person using the camera then orbs are unlikely to manifest.

#40    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostAspieman, on 25 November 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Orbs are spirit manifestations.Just because primitive orblike images can be reproduced does not mean that true orbs are not real.
There are faces discernible in true orbs.True orbs can be captured in dry cold outdoor locations as well as indoor dusty locations.If there is a deadhead-non spiritual person using the camera then orbs are unlikely to manifest.

Oxymoron:

expression with contradictory words: a phrase in which two words of contradictory meaning are used together for special effect

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users