Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs and image in mirror

DeeAngel

I have a ton of pictures on what appears to be orbs. This has been going on for years. Any advise/input would be appreciated. The mirror appears to have

some sort of image above the cat figurine shelves..

post-134940-0-94526900-1353080039_thumb.

post-134940-0-10765900-1353080059_thumb.

orbs are harmless entities, there can't be said much about them, they fly around and are sometimes found in pictures

and about the mirror.... there seems to bee someone standing in there, a female with a some kind of dress, that is something that has to do with the history of that place

good luck, Cata

and this isn't the right place to post such a topic,

try Sightings, Reports & Experiences

Actually digital cameras in low light tend to turn specs of dust floating in the air into orbs. Given the environment where this is taken it's a safe bet that's what your looking at. The image in the mirror is cool but you have to use your imagination to see it.

Thanks for posting these. Have you got more?

• Like 1

Five images posted on the Orbs gallery. New to this site, so just trying to get some input on what these are. We have at times gotten lots of "Orbs", with different cameras.

mirrors a bit dusty and can see smears from past cleaning, i can see 2 faces but proberly pareidolia. never thought of dust looking like orbs but lucks like a liquid splatter on the lense unless its the former. the orbs show up on the darker woods but can be seen on the lighter woods faintly.

Edited by Armchair Educated

I once took a picture on a windy beach at night in Mexico an you could barley see what I was photographing because of all the "orbs" the fine sand particles created. They looked exactly like the orbs in your photo, but because of the amount of dust flying around there was about one thousand times more of them. Is there any unusual activity in this room?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

yes, throughout the past 20 years we've experienced all sorts of unusual things such as things moving, ghost images in photos, neighbors claiming

to see an old woman looking out the window, tvs coming on and/or changing channels and much more.

• Like 1

The mirror looks smeared and dirty. It looks like a can see the reflection of a woman but the reflections almost look like a newspaper article.

In picture with the orbs I notice they can be seen better on the dark wood but there is so many. I don't think dust particles in a house would show so many. I've taken pictures inside and out in windy conditions, in the forest and never gotten that many orbs or dust particles. I could be that the lens was dirty or they could be real orbs since you said you have activity in your house.

Has anyone ever seen a fiery burning red orb?

No, have you. Actually I've never seen a orb at all never gotten one on camera either. Who knows maybe I just keep my lens too clean. :lol:

No, have you. Actually I've never seen a orb at all never gotten one on camera either. Who knows maybe I just keep my lens too clean. :lol:

A clean camera lens isn't going to prevent flash-illuminated particles in the air from appearing as orbs on your photos.

Here's some orbs from my own photos:

dsc0179ss.jpg

dsc0187ka.jpg

dsc0176kuj.jpg

It seems that orbs love coming out in the snow more than they like dusty conditions.

• Like 1

Only once! & without a camera

I honestly can't see anything in the mirror, just a smeary mirror to me. And the orbs....well I can't dispute them as I have photos of them myself, some will say they are something paranormal and others will say they're dust particles....will we ever know the truth?!

Nice to meet you :st

Orbs are nothing more than particulates illuminated by the camera; this has been demonstrated and proven again and again by empirical research and analysis since the 1990s.

• Like 3

Additional pictures have been added. There has always been strange activity throughout the house but for some reason, this room has always been the strongest.

We just had a very tragic death in our family so I thought I'd take tons of pictures to see if there was any additional activity.

In the days of 35mm cameras, spots on the front of the lens would be so out of focus that you couldn't even see them. Most digital cameras have tiny sensors and this makes that junk on the lens more in focus and more visible, especially when a flash lights them up.

If it was a matter of dirty lens, then wouldn't a dirt spot in the center of the lens always be in the center of the picture? There have been times that these orbs have shown on pictures taken by two different cameras. Have also noticed that there seems to be more or stronger ones when there is a lot more emotion in the room.

Also....orbs are captured on video cameras too and there is no way they can be dust particles or something on the lens, because they are moving and are bigger than a bit of dust!

• Like 1

If it was a matter of dirty lens, then wouldn't a dirt spot in the center of the lens always be in the center of the picture?

Dust within the lens can move around, especially with zoom lenses.

There have been times that these orbs have shown on pictures taken by two different cameras.

It wouldn't be the first time that two cameras had dirty lenses.

Have also noticed that there seems to be more or stronger ones when there is a lot more emotion in the room.

Perhaps because it's darker and your camera is selecting a more powerful flash against a darker background?

Have also noticed that there seems to be more or stronger ones when there is a lot more emotion in the room.

Then my snow orbs already posted above must have involved lots of emotion that for some reason comes out when it's snowing.
  • Like 1

I've seen orbs with my eyes without the aid of a camera, on numerous occasions and in various locations, so I don't doubt their existence. One of the things I've noticed about orb photos is that some seem to have a narrow rim around them, and in enlarged photos they appear to have stuff inside them of different colors, which I think may indicate they are orbs and not camera artifacts or dust, like the other photos posted.

Looks like people got so tired of showing the facts of what orbs are ( dust, moisture ) over the weeks, months, years, that no one is bothering anymore....I get tired of it myself, they have been explained over and over again, with 100% proof to support the facts.

Orbs are dust and/ or moisture.....Nothing more, nothing less...

Search " orbs " on this site, ( and other sites, besides paranormal sites ) ton of topics showing exactly what they are.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Ah hell, here is a definition of orbs from a paranormal site...( they are being honest )

Orbs: What Are They Believed To Be?

Orbs are believed by a large number of people, both new groups, experienced and people who are capturing them, aka, non-ghost hunters, to be spirits caught on film.

Or, another popular belief is that an orb, is a ball of energy, spirit energy that’s free floating, in the environment. It is “common knowledge” that energy is most stable in the form of a sphere, which is the limited physics background of the belief, and I do stress limited. I have also hear of orbs being spirit guides, demons, astral creatures and oddly enough " evolved spirits".

In reality, there is no proof or scientific back up for any of this. Now that we know what the most common beliefs are in regards to orbs, let us proceed onto the truth.

What orbs REALLY are. Orbs have been scientifically debunked as a modern inception with no pre-recorded example prior to the availability of CCD lens (digital camera) technology and it's inferior ability to focus (this is especially true of cell phone cameras which cannot in any way compare to professional grade or even consumer grade stand alone cameras), "supernatural orbs" make up the predominant presence of 'ghost photos' on the Internet.

There are two main types of orbs reported, both of which are caused by particulate matter in the air. The first type is Naturalistic Solid-Type orbs, and the second type is Liquid-Based orbs. Below we shall explore the two and see what the difference is. First off, cameras.

What Type Of Cameras Most Often Capture Orbs? Digital vs. Film.

Naturalistic orbs are most commonly gained using digital cameras and built-in flash thought not always.

While photographers with archives of photos report having occasionally seen "orbs" in their photos gained with film cameras, no evidence has been presented that this is not a modern light artifact error arising in CCD lenses both in standard off the shelf cameras and cell phone cameras and the recent rise in reports of orb photos may be directly related to the common availability of digital cameras and associated rise in the number of pictures taken. It should be noted also that the size of the camera is another consideration in the recent proliferation of orb photos.

As film cameras, and then digital cameras, have steadily shrunk in size, reports of "orbs" increased accordingly. As cameras became smaller, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash also shrank, decreasing the angle of reflection back into the lens causing less focus on small light artifacts and thus an orb like appearance.

A flash does not need to be present. Any light source that reflects or refracts from particulate matter (dust, moisture, etc) in the air (even though we can’t see it’s there moving on air currents) and that enters the cameras lens (which it does otherwise you wouldn’t have a picture in the first place) can cause an orb artifact to appear.

The Main Causes of Orbs:

There are a number of naturalistic causes for orbs in photography and videography.

*Solid orbs - Dry particulate matter such as dust, pollen, insects, etc.

*Liquid orbs - Droplets of liquid, usually water, e.g. rain.

*Foreign material on the camera lens

*Foreign material within the camera lens

*Foreign material within the camera body

More on this here :

http://ssprstn.tripod.com/id65.html

• Like 2