Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

cosmic joker

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostIamLegend, on 16 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

If you mean "cosmic joker" to be the collectivity of humanity then I agree with you.
Possibly, if you believe like I do that the world is bored and wants something.... anything to be excited about our collective consciousnesses is creating this.

#17    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 16 November 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

This is more irrational than bigfoot eating their dead. I guess we could ignore everything we can't resolve.
Did I say everything?

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,120 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Postblind pew, on 17 November 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Did I say everything?
Why not apply your irrational logic to everything?

#19    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postblind pew, on 17 November 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

I just thought about it logically, I mean let's treat this in the most basic form. Why would anyone..anything want to do this? If there are other inhabitable planets with life as evolved as ours going on there also? If so then our perception of god must be an insane being or beings by our perception. Maybe it's a test to see our reaction like lab rats or maybe this being or beings just like to f... with other civiations (sic) just because they can.

You are of course entitled to believe whatever you want about the nature of bigfoot.  However - calling your guesswork "logic" is fallacious.  What you have here is speculation based on ponderings about something that has never been proven to exist.

Read up on logic.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

As far as your guess about bigfoot goes - I think its a fun idea and is equally as valid as anything else that people guess about bigfoot.  Since there is no reality-based evidence to truly base any theory on.....its open season on bigfoot explanations in my opinion.  Any port in a storm.

Sakari - who's that nutter-lady who thinks she communicates with bigfoots telepathically and has been accepted into their community?  I always forget her name.  I think thats my personal favorite when it comes to bigfoot guesswork, simply because its so f#ckin' out there.

#20    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 17 November 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Why not apply your irrational logic to everything?
I believe I have a right to voice my opinion just like you. But unlike you I would not show my lack of intelligence by attacking it.

#21    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 17 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

You are of course entitled to believe whatever you want about the nature of bigfoot.  However - calling your guesswork "logic" is fallacious.  What you have here is speculation based on ponderings about something that has never been proven to exist.

Read up on logic.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

As far as your guess about bigfoot goes - I think its a fun idea and is equally as valid as anything else that people guess about bigfoot.  Since there is no reality-based evidence to truly base any theory on.....its open season on bigfoot explanations in my opinion.  Any port in a storm.

Sakari - who's that nutter-lady who thinks she communicates with bigfoots telepathically and has been accepted into their community?  I always forget her name.  I think thats my personal favorite when it comes to bigfoot guesswork, simply because its so f#ckin' out there.
Read up on speculation: http://www.wordnik.c...rds/speculation

n. The pursuit of truth by means of thinking, especially mathematical reasoning and logical analysis; meditation; deep and thorough consideration of a theoretical question. This use of the word, though closely similar to the application of speculatio in the Latin of Boëthius to translate θεωρία, is chiefly due to 1 Cor. xiii. 12, “now we see through a glass, darkly,” where ‘glass’ is in the Vulgate speculum. But some writers, as Milton and Cowper, associate the meaning with specula, ‘a watch-tower.’

#22    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postblind pew, on 17 November 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Read up on speculation: http://www.wordnik.c...rds/speculation

n. The pursuit of truth by means of thinking, especially mathematical reasoning and logical analysis; meditation; deep and thorough consideration of a theoretical question. This use of the word, though closely similar to the application of speculatio in the Latin of Boëthius to translate θεωρία, is chiefly due to 1 Cor. xiii. 12, “now we see through a glass, darkly,” where ‘glass’ is in the Vulgate speculum. But some writers, as Milton and Cowper, associate the meaning with specula, ‘a watch-tower.’

I agree on your definition.  However what you were doing was not applying logical analysis.  But we digress.  Not looking to start arguments here.  Seriously.  Have fun with your guess about bigfoot.  Its as good as anything else out there.  :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users