Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama 2nd term scorecard

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Nov. 15, 2012.  New unemployment claims 439,000.  Dow closes at 12,500...down 700 since the re-election of Obama.

On election night, America was poised to say goodbye to our deepest recession since the depression.  Business was ready to crank up the financial engine when Romney was elected.  Regulations were going to be reversed to give business a fighting chance to prosper.

Obama won and elections have consequences.  I want a productive and prosperous society and I wish the President well.  Unfortunetly, we may end up back in a severe double dip recession and only Obama's scorecard will tell how deep it goes.

#2    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,440 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Aha but on his first tee shot he made a hole in one,

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#3    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Has his 2nd term officially started yet?

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postsupervike, on 16 November 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Has his 2nd term officially started yet?
It started for investors as soon as the results were official.  The pompous ass will refuse to compromise - he won, remember?  So of course that means he gets to decide everything.  The House was also reelected though, substantially unchanged.  So we have no action and I don't think the world can afford another 4 years of the US doing nothing.  We'll soon see if the conspiracy theorists are right.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Well, the American people felt that they could stand another 4 years.

They spoke pretty clearly about that, as well.

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,490 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

You realize that this is still his first term, right? The second hasn't even started yet. Hell, the election was 10 days ago.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

You realize that this is still his first term, right? The second hasn't even started yet. Hell, the election was 10 days ago.
Of course.  And YOU realize that people with common sense and money to invest can reasonably determine the probable gridlock that will continue and therefore refrain from risking their wealth?  It's not an attempt to be argumentative.  The fact that a majority of voters decided to put him in office so the goodies would keep coming doesn't in any way mean that the rest HAVE to be willing to voluntarily go along by investing in money losing efforts.  If you were wealthy you wouldn't want to just throw it away would you?

#8    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,490 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Postand then, on 16 November 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Of course.  And YOU realize that people with common sense and money to invest can reasonably determine the probable gridlock that will continue and therefore refrain from risking their wealth?  It's not an attempt to be argumentative.  The fact that a majority of voters decided to put him in office so the goodies would keep coming doesn't in any way mean that the rest HAVE to be willing to voluntarily go along by investing in money losing efforts.  If you were wealthy you wouldn't want to just throw it away would you?

You do realize that the majority of people didn't vote him back in office for "freebies", right?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Thing is, the Stockmarket is tanking more because of Spain and Greece then Obama getting reelected.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,479 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 17 November 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Thing is, the Stockmarket is tanking more because of Spain and Greece then Obama getting reelected.
Stop making sense!

#11    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 17 November 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

That and the fear that certain tax breaks the wealthiest enjoy will soon end, right? Better to take the money and run while they can because won't those dividends and profits probably cost them a little more in 2013?

The horror of only being able to buy a 120 foot yacht instead of a 130 foot yacht must be unbearable.

#12    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,874 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

What is the point of this inane statement?   Are you insinuating that Obama gets a pass for the next two months because his second term hasn't officially started?

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 17 November 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

That and the fear that certain tax breaks the wealthiest enjoy will soon end, right? Better to take the money and run while they can because won't those dividends and profits probably cost them a little more in 2013?

The horror of only being able to buy a 120 foot yacht instead of a 130 foot yacht must be unbearable.
It's easy to gloat over having won the ability to "make the  *&%(^ 's pay" but it actually hurts no one significantly except those employed by the wealthy when the jobs go away.  It's a stupid tactic that helps no one really.

#14    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 2,016 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Well until January of 2013...I have no opinion as most people with a brain should...The second term does not actually begin until then.  Everyone postulating anything else is a moron...it is what it is.

I am not pleased what the people chose this route.   I really hoped for better...I actually thought that a third party had a serious shot at winning this year...how silly was I?  A third party might have healed some of our wounds.

But just stop the stupid.  The second term does not begin for another 2 months....you speculation is cheap and sad.

I just want to step back and lord over the stupidity of this election...most folks are showing the limits of their education...which is a ****g sad thing...we have learned that most people are just flat stupid...and have no desire within themselves to correct that...how damn sad is that?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#15    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,088 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

2nd term scorecard??  I've got him down for a negative score for the first term, can it possibly get any lower?  Wait, we are talking about Obama, so...     I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the next 4 years...  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users