Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#1366    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

And your comment on Roger Hopkins the expert witness is......................................?
To give you the benefit of doubt, I just watched it again...and I don't hear him saying anything that would indicate aliens assisted with this.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#1367    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postthe L, on 10 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Zoser look this. This although in Mexico. Largest pyramid in America under Church.

http://en.wikipedia....amid_of_Cholula

Hi L.  That's pretty amazing.  It looks gargantuan.  Was it precision architecture do you know?

Posted Image

#1368    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Which has lasted longer?  Precision fit means able to withstand the rigours of nature surely?  It's an infallible argument yet the Spanish used inferior methods; contemporary with Renaissence Europe perhaps but nonetheless inferior.  

Look at how much it has cost to repair the European cathedrals.  This is not subject to opinion; it's fact.

For some bizar reason you seem to equate 'long lasting' with superior quality. :hmm:  Do you really believe that the architectural design of the pyramids is superior technology compared to say the empire state building simply because it lasts longer....is that really your premise?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#1369    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

For some bizar reason you seem to equate 'long lasting' with superior quality. :hmm:  Do you really believe that the architectural design of the pyramids is superior technology compared to say the empire state building simply because it lasts longer....is that really your premise?

Let me see.  Superior in scale, accuracy.........erm yes.

Posted Image

#1370    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

To give you the benefit of doubt, I just watched it again...and I don't hear him saying anything that would indicate aliens assisted with this.

No he doesn't.  Neither does he say that it was as trivial as people make it out to be.  The punchline is that he admits that he would refuse an order to build the equivalent of a block at PP.  Notwithstanding his access to modern technology.

And that doesn't make you gasp?

So what do you think he is actually inferring?

Posted Image

#1371    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Then speaking as an architect, you obviously have no idea how buildings are put together.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#1372    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's important to do this for this reason; if the suggestion is that no indiginous people created these amazing feats then what then?

right here is where your biggest problem lies
what then does not equal aliens

#1373    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Then speaking as an architect, you obviously have no idea how buildings are put together.

Should I have?  Do you?

View PostJGirl, on 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

right here is where your biggest problem lies
what then does not equal aliens

You mean alien compared to our civilisation?

Posted Image

#1374    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Should I have?  Do you?

Er...as I said...'speaking as an architect'......

― Groucho Marx

#1375    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's important to do this for this reason; if the suggestion is that no indiginous people created these amazing feats then what then?

Archaeology and Darwinism do not account for old civilisations being replaced by those of lower development.  Then what options actually exist?  That this planet was visited at some time in the remote past, created remarkable achievements, and left.  We can hypothesise who, when and why at some later time.
actually the thread is precisely about who when and why, so what is the logic with regard to the statement of yours that i bolded?

#1376    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hi L.  That's pretty amazing.  It looks gargantuan.  Was it precision architecture do you know?

I just before hal hour stumble upon it. My guess is like yours. I never seen it before. As I often say Im not expert in Peru,Mesoamerica and Egypt. Those are my weakest spot. By Im developing and learning. Im sure soon I could proudly say that Im expert there too. Soon-about two years.

Edit: Looks huge. And I dont know why dont they remove that church. It would bring money to community.

Edited by the L, 10 December 2012 - 08:04 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#1377    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Should I have?  Do you?

You mean alien compared to our civilisation?
no i mean your severely narrow mindset of - if we cannot immediately see how human beings could have done it then it must be aliens.
(even though you have nothing to draw from where they are concerned because we can't even substantiate that they exist, never mind rationalizing any reason that they would bother to come to earth and help a very small cross section of people for a very short time in a very limited way and then bugger off

#1378    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,746 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostJGirl, on 10 December 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

actually the thread is precisely about who when and why, so what is the logic with regard to the statement of yours that i bolded?

It's pretty obvious there JGirl. First he pretends that humans couldn't have done it, then he pretends to know who did. :rolleyes:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1379    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostJGirl, on 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

no i mean your severely narrow mindset of - if we cannot immediately see how human beings could have done it then it must be aliens.
(even though you have nothing to draw from where they are concerned because we can't even substantiate that they exist, never mind rationalizing any reason that they would bother to come to earth and help a very small cross section of people for a very short time in a very limited way and then bugger off

Yes, i've often wondered how aliens that can build space ships that can travel at light speed across the universe can't even master a simple task of turning sand into glass for windows :w00t:

― Groucho Marx

#1380    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Oniomancer posted this vifeo before, but it won't hurt to post it again:

Edited by Abramelin, 10 December 2012 - 08:10 PM.