Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#3451    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

It was never observed.  It doesn't need to be.  The evidence is clear.

It's about detective work not hearsay.  When hearsay backs up the detective work that's even better.

It's based on an interpretation of a layer on a stone.

What I have tried is show you that interpretation may be wrong.

Plus that there are old reports of something pointing to my alternative interpretation, or, as you said, "When hearsay backs up the detective work that's even better.".

#3452    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Abe: a reply from Brien about how he measures volumes:

Brien Foerster    Reply to your comment on: Lost Human Species Of Paracas Peru: Elongated Skulls
Fill with sand, and then put the sand in a known volume container.

OK, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uue1em05qus

#3453    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 December 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

It's based on an interpretation of a layer on a stone.

What I have tried is show you that interpretation may be wrong.

Plus that there are old reports of something pointing to my alternative interpretation, or, as you said, "When hearsay backs up the detective work that's even better.".

But the interpretations fail when each case of artefact is considered.   Artefacts not exposed cannot be subject to desert varnish.  More crudely built walls have no varnish at all only the precision ones do.  Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else.

Any convincing alternative theory has to fit all of the known facts.

Edited by zoser, 29 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

#3454    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

polished rocks now?
oh come on ffs

#3455    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostJGirl, on 29 December 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

polished rocks now?
oh come on ffs

Quite.  Abe's and Mr O's theory.  Not mine.  See last dozen posts.

Posted Image

#3456    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

i think this topic should get back on track.
it seems that whenever you're cornered you just turn around and go a different direction. the posts here are all reacting to your claims - they are brought forth due to your posts. your theories. which have been squashed systematically since the beginning of this thread.
to be honest zoser i cannot understand why your repeatedly posting videos with no basis in fact is allowed on this thread.
it's stupid.

Edited by JGirl, 29 December 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#3457    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Now who is lying here?

I have never said the rocks were "polished".

#3458    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

But the interpretations fail when each case of artefact is considered.   Artefacts not exposed cannot be subject to desert varnish.  More crudely built walls have no varnish at all only the precision ones do.  Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else.

Any convincing alternative theory has to fit all of the known facts.

This is the 6th time I think: the Incas constructed buildings and structures using a different technique with a different accuracy for structures of different importance.

Or in human language: they would have build a common house or average wall differently (inferior) and with a less accurate and precise technique than they would have built a temple or ceremonial place.

"Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else."

You have no idea at all if chemicals were used.

Btw, you don't 'polish' with acids. Or maybe this is again some language thing...

Edited by Abramelin, 29 December 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#3459    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

What is the relevance of this?  We are discussing multi tonne andesite blocks that make contact so perfectly across the total mating surfaces, sometimes in 2 sometimes in 3 dimensions.  That's a bit different to putting one boulder on top of another.

LOL

the relevance is, a few posts or pages back, it was

(whoops somehow got posted before id even started, oddly)

so again:   the relevance is, a few posts or pages back, it was stated, (from an article IIRC)  that these precision stones....do not always show the same precision - and there are in fact places on such structures which do not fit so well.. so they were not 100% perfect, at all

Edited by seeder, 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3460    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 December 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

This is the 6th time I think: the Incas constructed buildings and structures using a different technique with a different accuracy for structures of different importance.

Or in human language: they would have build a common house or average wall differently (inferior) and with a less accurate and precise technique than they would have built a temple or ceremonial place.

"Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else."

You have no idea at all if chemicals were used.

Btw, you don't 'polish' with acids. Or maybe this is again some language thing...

So presumably you are conjecturing that the chemicals were used to soften the rock ready for cutting?  Is that how you are saying the vitrification could have appeared?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is what you are saying it still doesn't account for the vitrification found on the ledges and surfaces in the caves.

Here is a significant picture from one of BF's visit's to Macch Picchu

Posted Image

The join looks as if it's fused.  Much more than dirt ingress.  

Now it's feasible (barely!) that Abe's idea of acids could have done this.  The intricate carvings inside the caves however were clearly not done with acids.  Here some tool  must have undercut the rock to facilitate removal of large blocks.  The same at 'The Wall of the Living Rock'.

So again I contend that the acid theory is questionable on two accounts:

1) It is not practised today yet it could save a fortune in building costs.
2) It doesn't account for where huge blocks have been extracted and the vitrification left behind.

Got to clean up my pc.  Some threats detected by Anti-Spyware.

See you shortly.

Edited by zoser, 29 December 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Posted Image

#3461    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,223 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Show me some credible independent verification, then we'll talk.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#3462    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

"So presumably you are conjecturing that the chemicals were used to soften the rock ready for cutting?  Is that how you are saying the vitrification could have appeared?  Please correct me if I'm wrong."

This is getting extremely tiresome. The surface of the finished rocks was chemically altered, smoothed, softened, whatever.

"f this is what you are saying it still doesn't account for the vitrification found on the ledges and surfaces in the caves."

You have no proof of vitrification.

That that sheen is on other surfaces apart from the cut stones may be caused by the way they applied the chemicals to the stone. Maybe they boiled the brew and the fumes attacked the walls of the quarries too (and the lungs and skin of those who worked with it).

"Now it's feasible (barely!) that Abe's idea of acids could have done this.  The intricate carvings inside the caves however was clearly not done with acids.  Here some tool  must have undercut the rock to facility removal of large blocks.  The same at 'The Wall of the Living Rock'."

Show us some photos of the inside of the caves, and no more videos please.

"So again I contend that the acid theory is questionable on two accounts:

1) It is not practised today yet it could save a fortune in building costs.
2) It doesn't account for where huge blocks have been extracted and the vitrification left behind.

They also don't practice vitrification today. And maybe it was never used, and what you think is the result of vitrification is not the result of vitrification at all.

I said they don't use the chemical method anymore because, read my lips, it is a dangerous and very unhealthy method.

#3463    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Abe: a reply from Brien about how he measures volumes:

Brien Foerster    Reply to your comment on: Lost Human Species Of Paracas Peru: Elongated Skulls
Fill with sand, and then put the sand in a known volume container.

First he should have looked inside the skull.with some camera to see if the inside structure was still intact. Did he do that?

As you may now, inside the skull are not only the brains, but also the upper sinuses (ask those who suffer from sinusitis, they can tell you exactly were they are located). If the inside of the skull is damaged, the sinuses could have been included in the total volume.

Talking about the sinuses: does anyone know what the effect of skull binding is on the shape and volume of these sinuses?

Edited by Abramelin, 29 December 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#3464    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 29 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Show me some credible independent verification, then we'll talk.

there isnt any evidence, only theories. Arthur C Clarke and his crew tried to reproduce this phenomena, he was a smart cookie, a little bit smarter than even zoser... and couldn't do it. If he and his crew were left scratching their heads this thread for sure wont solve the puzzle

"The 16 September 1980 episode of this series features a segment where Clarke and other scientists examine the mystery of the vitrified forts and try to recreate how it might be accomplished by piling stones and a massive bonfire. The experiment produced a few partially vitrified stones. But no answers were gleaned from how large scale forts could have been crafted with the approach Clarke tried"

http://en.wikipedia..../Vitrified_fort

A theory that zoser discounts coz it doesn't fit his ideas, is aerial phenomena like plasma bursts, sustained lightening strikes, and comets exploding in the air, like Tunguska for example... these are more plausible theories and certainly can and have caused this phenomena

So according to zoder, these mysterious temples were or had parts that 'seem' vitrified'...but this phenomena is worldwide, in Scotland, as I also mentioned ages ago... there are crappy forts and even random walls out in the countryside that seem to show the same process

http://en.wikipedia..../Vitrified_fort

so what are aliens and high tech doing all round the world, vitrifying even places used for non worship, and where there's nothing mystical about them, like a fort, or a wall? Why get so hung up on Peru, or whatever is we are talking about now?

Something happened.. theories abound, but some, in absence of a definitive answer....assume its aliens

so zoser, why vitrify a fort? One of many  - and none with any significance at all?

And as Abe mentioned, this thread is getting mind-numbingly boring and going round in circles.

Perhaps it should be moved over to a geology section, if this site has one?

Edited by seeder, 29 December 2012 - 06:14 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3465    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

It's about detective work not hearsay.

Another classic zoser statement !! :w00t: