Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#4066    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 04 January 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Constructing the biggest Obelisk ever seen for the glory of Queen Hatshepshut, and they either crack it or don't notice that there's a flaw in it; she wouldn't be happy, would she?

Very happy new year greetings to you too. :santa:  (One last appearance for him.)

Maybe not, after all, the base is still fixed, it seems an honest mistake from that I would think. But it is certainly feasible that someone got a royal boot. Had there been Ancient Aliens around, one would think they would have X Rayed the rock before getting so far into it though.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 04 January 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4067    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postzoser, on 03 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Evidence of burning.  Could be handling marks?  Who knows.  Can't see how this was done chemically or by pounding.  Reminds me of fossilised prints left in ancient mud.  I think this was burned in.  The site is Sacsayhuaman.  Working though these video clips is revealing some unbelievable features.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

From Video:

Inca Sachsayhuaman: Gate Of The Creator Viracocha

I have noticed you are quick with the word "evidence', Zoser.

It's a strange mark indeed, but is it evidence for burning?

#4068    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,021 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

View Postkampz, on 04 January 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

If someone asks for evidence try the television show Ancient Aliens.

You cannot be serious.    The show has been shown to lie and leave out facts.

#4069    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Sorry, back to botany again, lol.

I have not given up, despite The L saying we will never find it.

Well, the lead was obviously that quote from Brian Fawcette's book, "EXPLORATION FAWCETT", The Companion Book Club, London, 1954: 105-106 :

"My nephew was down in the Chuncho country on the Pyrene River in Peru, and his horse going lame one day he left it at a neighbouring chacra, about five miles away from his own, and walked home. Next day he walked over to get his horse, and took a short cut through a strip of forest he had never before penetrated. He was wearing riding breeches, top boots, and big spurs–not the little English kind, but the great Mexican spurs four inches long, with rowels bigger than a half-crown piece–and these spurs were almost new. When he got to the chacra after a hot and difficult walk through thick bush he was amazed to find that his beautiful spurs were gone–eaten away somehow, till they were no more than black spikes projecting an eighth of an inch. He couldn't understand it, till the owner of the chacra asked him if by any chance he had walked through a certain plant about a foot high, with dark reddish leaves. My nephew at once remembered that he came through a wide area where the ground was thickly covered with such a plant. 'That's it!' said the chacarero. That's what's eaten your spurs away! That's the stuff the Incas used for shaping stones. The juice will soften rock up till it's like paste. You must show me where you found the plants.' When they came to look for the place they couldn't find it. It's not easy to retrace your steps in jungle where no trails exist."

I can tell you: I have looked on modern online maps till my eyes hurt, but coudn't find either that Chuncho country or the Pyrene river. Yes, there are some area called Chuncho, but they are the wrong ones, and also no Pyrene River. I even read the whole chapter in my Dutch edition of 1953 ("LANGS DE ACRE", page 88), followed the route Brian Fawcett mentions, and still nothing.

Well, you got it: go look on an OLD map !

And then I hit jackpot.

Look on this map: http://upload.wikime...kerton-1818.jpg

And then go to 71 degrees west and 11-12 degrees south : Chuncho country! Then scroll to the left and there he is: the Perené River.

Attached File  Pyrene_Perene_River_Chunchos2.jpg   166.52K   4 downloads

So the Pyrene River from the quote is spelled wrong: it is the Perené River:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Perené_River
OK, now I'll go look for a foot high red plants with red, spongy/fleshy leaves along the Perené River.

May take a while....

Edited by Abramelin, 04 January 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#4070    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

And Brian Fawcett says, using the notes of his father, that the bird in question lives near rivers and looks somewhat like a kingfisher. It builds its nest in the steep cliffs along the river. That's a few paragraphs before someone called it a woodpecker.

They live in the Montaña of Peru and Bolivia.

Follow the bird along the Perené, and then someone should be able to find that plant too.

Others think it's a dipper:

There are reports of a small, kingfisher-like bird, probably
the white-capped dipper, ‘cinclus leucocephalus’, which
nests in spherical holes in the Bolivian Andes and bores
these out of solid rock on the banks of mountain streams
by rubbing a leaf on the stone until it is soft and can be
pecked away.

-Lyall Watson, Supernature, pp.177,178

http://www.beforeus..../nl02_proc.html

But I think kingfisher is a lot better possibility:

Kingfishers in Peru

Here's one on its way to a nesthole in a cliff:
Posted Image

http://www.galleryof...Kingfishers.htm

Edited by Abramelin, 04 January 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#4071    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,012 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 04 January 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

And Brian Fawcett says, using the notes of his father, that the bird in question lives near rivers and looks somewhat like a kingfisher. It builds its nest in the steep cliffs along the river. That's a few paragraphs before someone called it a woodpecker.

They live in the Montaña of Peru and Bolivia.

Follow the bird along the Perené, and then someone should be able to find that plant too.

Others think it's a dipper:

There are reports of a small, kingfisher-like bird, probably
the white-capped dipper, ‘cinclus leucocephalus’, which
nests in spherical holes in the Bolivian Andes and bores
these out of solid rock on the banks of mountain streams
by rubbing a leaf on the stone until it is soft and can be
pecked away.

-Lyall Watson, Supernature, pp.177,178

http://www.beforeus..../nl02_proc.html

But I think kingfisher is a lot better possibility:

Kingfishers in Peru

Here's one on its way to a nesthole in a cliff:

http://www.galleryof...Kingfishers.htm

:tu:  Hats off to your passionate research, its good to see a mystery getting fleshed out with places and names!  If zoser could put his heart into researching stuff, like a lot of us do, rather than just accepting the content of videos, we may see another side of zoser.  Who knows Abe, you just may solve a riddle and bring to the world an amazing substance that is long forgotten about!!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4072    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,021 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

#4073    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,021 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostMyles, on 04 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

I just wanted to share this cause I thought it was pretty cool.    It, in no way, is meant to enforce the ancient alien astronaut dribble.

#4074    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostDBunker, on 03 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Bolded is the kicker..... not to your knowledge. :tu:

Humility is a virtue.  Can't say the same for people who knit pick other peoples language like wild scavengers.

Posted Image

#4075    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,012 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 January 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Humility is a virtue.  Can't say the same for people who knit pick other peoples language like wild scavengers.

Now who is knit picking zoser?

BTW: Webster dictionary says:

nit–pick·ing:  noun \nit-pi-kiŋ\

Definition of NIT-PICKING
minute and usually unjustified criticism

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4076    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 04 January 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I have noticed you are quick with the word "evidence', Zoser.

It's a strange mark indeed, but is it evidence for burning?

Feel free to forward constructive ideas by all means.  So far all I see is evidence continuing to mount; slowly slowly catch the monkey is how I described it earlier.

My research time is limited now I'm back to work.  Every time I look at new close up images of these stones new features like this seem to be revealed and nothing is suggesting anything else but intense heat.

Maybe I'll find some new features tonight.  It's a great process and it's not relying on anyone's adding up; it does rely though on spotting detail.

Posted Image

#4077    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Now who is knit picking zoser?

BTW: Webster dictionary says:

nit–pick·ing:  noun \nit-pi-kiŋ\

Definition of NIT-PICKING
minute and usually unjustified criticism

IRONY!!!

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#4078    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 04 January 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

The Incas and their predecessors discovered that structures made of irregular, polygonal blocks are more earthquake-proof.

The top of these walls and buildings were finished with layers of regular cut stones, like our way of building.

Then there is the 'quick and easy' way of building for common housing, what Zoser and others consider to be the only true Inca way of building.

No doubt they are much more earthquake proof.  Is talking on behalf of the ancients really wise?  Can you back this statement up?  How many earthquakes did they actually experience?  How do we know?

Two things Abe I think we need to be careful about.  Assumption and translating everything into our terms.  Their terms were very different as demonstrated by their totally baffling architecture. Just like you accuse me of using the word 'evidence'.

The Inca most probably did the top layers after the original builders.  Lots of examples of this.  Back to the claim that there is nothing recognisable whatsoever in the megalithic building work in our frame of reference.

Edited by zoser, 04 January 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Posted Image

#4079    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,012 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostHarte, on 04 January 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

IRONY!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Just couldn't help myself!!!  Im such a sarcastic 'so and so' sometimes...

#4080    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 04 January 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Here are 2 pages from John Hemming's excellent book, "The Conquest of the Incas" :

Interesting that Alfredo Gamarra also identifies 3 distinct styles.

Apart from that though very little of the above extract is supportable.  The dates, and attributing the work to the Inca is highly speculative and not supportable.

If someone could give a rational explanation as to why on the streets of Cuzco for example there is precision megalithic walls and only 3 meters away rough boulder and adobe work it may be a little more credible!

Other wise is goes on the same bookshelf as the other conjectures.

Edited by zoser, 04 January 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image