Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#6091    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 February 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Chris Dunn again.... we all agree hes a total idiot who doesn't know what hes on about. But he must sell BOOKS!

have a read of this for some solid info on the pyramids/AA theories

http://www.unexplain...pic=171861&st=0

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6092    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Postseeder, on 01 February 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

spare time? When exactly is that? You're on the forum early mornings, and in the eves as soon as you're home your straight on, and all day and all night at the weekends.

If you guys were blessed with a little wit, you wold realise where my disdain for archaeologists actually comes from :blush:

Just off to watch some AA.  About half way through them now.

Some awesome stuff.

Edited by zoser, 01 February 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

#6093    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postseeder, on 01 February 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

thats amazing considering its FREE to visit, whats the privilege then? Ive done all the museums quite regular with exception of the last 2 years

Just because you disagree with me it doesn't mean that I don't still class you as friends.

Posted Image

#6094    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,359 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Your attempt at a refutation is easily derailed by the idea that sound is pressure.  That's what is creates.

It's impossible to ignore the details of the pyramid's construction.  

The corrugated floor is a give away.  the granite in the upper chamber was designed to 'ring'.

The frequency itself is known because people have tested it.  Do your research and you will find that lots of details support the idea that the granite was designed to be in constant resonant vibration.

Posted Image
By analogy, it's like historians in a thousand years time coming across a car engine and surmising that it was no more than a piece of cultural art.

Ignoring the design features, that is the conclusion they would reach.  Well ignore the design features of the GP and one assumes it was a tomb.

I would direct you again to the items in this post.  All very significant and relevant.

http://www.unexplain...45#entry4645074
Again, that's vibration. Vibratory pressure needs to be intermittent. Even dunn grasps this fact but he misses the obvious inference by that much. What you and he both continue to miss is that vibration of the separate quartz crystals is not possible as long as they're contained within the granite matrix.
The weight of the oscillating mass versus the amount of energy needed to make it oscillate is also a factor.. The amount of energy needed to produce a strong resonance in that much stone should be readily noticeable and measurable.
Curiously, dunn also seems to contradict himself. He states that: " Some damping may occur if the beams adjacent faces are so close that they rub together. " but it doesn't seem to occur to him that this might occur between the blocks of the walls, etc. themselves, regardless of their being partially suspended. That is, even though the blocks may be vibrating as a unit, they are not vibrating like a solid. The fact that they may vibrate is meaningless. The tops on all my cookware ring too. That doesn't mean they were designed too.

they make quite a bit out of the frequency of the coffer and the chambers. One thing they don't mention though is that the coffer has a big chunk out of it, and the upper chambers are damaged, which would alter the frequency of both.

There's ample reason to suggest this construction design was done to divert compressive forces from the weight of the pyramid away from chamber, which effect it would have, a lesson they likely would've learned after the collapse of the Meidum pyramid and the near disaster of the bent pyramid.
It's claimed by dunn that a single chamber would've been enough to do the job as a roof support, but a smart engineer would leave a margin for error. The aforementioned damage suggests they were smart to include just such a multiple redundancy.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#6095    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

[...]
The corrugated floor is a give away.  the granite in the upper chamber was designed to 'ring'.

The frequency itself is known because people have tested it.  Do your research and you will find that lots of details support the idea that the granite was designed to be in constant resonant vibration.

[...]
And who plays the role of a Constant Grand Vibrator?

"Granite sings", right... As if simple brick does not "sing", or log, whether wet or dry...

"Resonates between 2 and 9 Hz". Thats freaking "good" resonator...

Cmon, zoser, all your "resonates", "sings" imply that some mental institution spaceship crashed in Egypt back then...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#6096    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Again, that's vibration. Vibratory pressure needs to be intermittent. Even dunn grasps this fact but he misses the obvious inference by that much. What you and he both continue to miss is that vibration of the separate quartz crystals is not possible as long as they're contained within the granite matrix.
The weight of the oscillating mass versus the amount of energy needed to make it oscillate is also a factor.. The amount of energy needed to produce a strong resonance in that much stone should be readily noticeable and measurable.
Curiously, dunn also seems to contradict himself. He states that: " Some damping may occur if the beams adjacent faces are so close that they rub together. " but it doesn't seem to occur to him that this might occur between the blocks of the walls, etc. themselves, regardless of their being partially suspended. That is, even though the blocks may be vibrating as a unit, they are not vibrating like a solid. The fact that they may vibrate is meaningless. The tops on all my cookware ring too. That doesn't mean they were designed too.

they make quite a bit out of the frequency of the coffer and the chambers. One thing they don't mention though is that the coffer has a big chunk out of it, and the upper chambers are damaged, which would alter the frequency of both.

There's ample reason to suggest this construction design was done to divert compressive forces from the weight of the pyramid away from chamber, which effect it would have, a lesson they likely would've learned after the collapse of the Meidum pyramid and the near disaster of the bent pyramid.
It's claimed by dunn that a single chamber would've been enough to do the job as a roof support, but a smart engineer would leave a margin for error. The aforementioned damage suggests they were smart to include just such a multiple redundancy.

"Three facts, however, militate against this (dunns) theory". (found under the heading: The Queen’s Chamber)

http://www.eridu.co..../rivaldunn.html

Not that I think anyone needs to really consider Dunn is right. He wrote a book making wild claims, just like Daniken. The same strategy with the same gullible readers who line his pockets

anyway nice to see zoser is currently reading the earlier thread/link on the AA I posted...might keep him busy all night if we are lucky..  we can but hope :yes:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6097    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 01 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

And who plays the role of a Constant Grand Vibrator?

"Granite sings", right... As if simple brick does not "sing", or log, whether wet or dry...

"Resonates between 2 and 9 Hz". Thats freaking "good" resonator...

Cmon, zoser, all your "resonates", "sings" imply that some mental institution spaceship crashed in Egypt back then...

Difficult to debunk I agree.  Dunn has nailed it.  In principle at least.  No one thought to ask the question why the granite was there.  No one thought to ask what purpose the vacant chambers above the upper chamber served.

They could quite easily be solid masonry.  They are not.  The beams could quite easily be precision cut.  They are not.

The upper chamber could quite easily be placed flat on the core masonry.  It is not.

Everything fits.

Listen to Dunn's clip above and note the experiments conducted in the grand gallery.

It all fits like a glove.

Posted Image

#6098    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postseeder, on 01 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

"Three facts, however, militate against this (dunns) theory". (found under the heading: The Queen’s Chamber)

Not that I think anyone needs to really consider Dunn is right. He wrote a book making wild claims, just like Daniken. The same strategy with the same gullible readers who line his pockets

anyway nice to see zoser is currently reading the earlier thread/link on the AA I posted...might keep him busy all night if we are lucky..  we can but hope :yes:

Which link was that?  I've been busy wading though the AA docs.  What have I missed?

Posted Image

#6099    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

The Indian peoples of Southern California also found granite a very useful material. Granite's interlocking crystalline structure makes it tough stuff - slow to wear and very shatter resistant - and the women took good advantage of these properties as they pounded acorns, seeds, and other food items in granite mortars with pestles of the same material. Certain very special granite boulders, called "ringing rocks" were also important to Indian peoples of this area. The ringing rocks look like ordinary granite, but when struck with another rock, they resonate, making a clear, ringing sound, somewhat like a heavy bell. Not much is known about these ringing rocks except that they were apparently sounded to accompany singing during the girls' puberty ceremony. One has recently been discovered on Palomar Mountain.

http://www.robinhewi...ature/fire.html

Fascinating what can be discovered in the way of confirmatory logistics.

Posted Image

#6100    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 February 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Difficult to debunk I agree.  Dunn has nailed it.  In principle at least. [...]
There is nothing to debunk. How'd you debunk "How many 2+2? Blue!"  Its simply ridiculous.

[...]   No one thought to ask what purpose the vacant chambers above the upper chamber served.
[...]
Ok, I'll ask you: why?

[...]  
They could quite easily be solid masonry.  They are not.  The beams could quite easily be precision cut.  They are not.
[...]
Ok... but now you are throwing easily. So beams could quite easily be precision cut, and they could quite easily be solid masonry. Did I missed something? From "impossible" to "easily"?

[...]  
The upper chamber could quite easily be placed flat on the core masonry.  It is not.
[...]
Is it? And easily again?

[...]
It all fits like a glove.
Yeah, fits like your glove on the elks hoof.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#6101    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,359 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Postseeder, on 01 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Aha! There's the theory about gilded wood panels I was telling Kmt about.

Good link. All told, there's so much piled up against dunn's ideas it isn't funny. I don't even see why the thing had to be so big to function as a power plant. It seems me something not much bigger than an ordinary mastaba would've done the same job and avoided all the engineering and construction problems of a large structure.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#6102    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 01 February 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Aha! There's the theory about gilded wood panels I was telling Kmt about.

Good link. All told, there's so much piled up against dunn's ideas it isn't funny. I don't even see why the thing had to be so big to function as a power plant. It seems me something not much bigger than an ordinary mastaba would've done the same job and avoided all the engineering and construction problems of a large structure.

Granite rings. At least, in my one exposure to it, it did. I've never put much thought into what my gear sits on until I auditioned the Levinson amp I had on a big granite amp stand. There was ringing in the sound. I mentioned it, and an older gentleman there overheard me (he's a recording engineer as well) and he just shook his head and asked me to help him lift the amp off of the stand and put it on the floor. We did that, and the ringing went away. My assumptions about putting my gear on anything changed instantly, it was not a subtle difference, and I will never put my gear on granite.

http://www.audiokarm...p/t-464284.html

Evidence is everywhere!

Posted Image

#6103    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

[...] Certain very special granite boulders, called "ringing rocks" [...]
And what granite it is? Very special? Kinda nimis speciales zoserus?

#6104    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

And what granite it is? Very special? Kinda nimis speciales zoserus?

So there's something you guys never knew about granite!

Lots of references to the same phenomena with just a little searching.

Now you know why it was used in Peru and Egypt .

So just to summarise we have proof that granite rings.  Ringing causes stresses (which is why an empty wine glass can be made to ring and shatter), and by virtue of the unique properties of quartz which are well understood, this produces electrical energy.

This effect is used for example in lighters to produce ignition (gas cookers etc) and it is known as the piezo effect.

:tu:

Posted Image

#6105    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,359 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

The Indian peoples of Southern California also found granite a very useful material. Granite's interlocking crystalline structure makes it tough stuff - slow to wear and very shatter resistant - and the women took good advantage of these properties as they pounded acorns, seeds, and other food items in granite mortars with pestles of the same material. Certain very special granite boulders, called "ringing rocks" were also important to Indian peoples of this area. The ringing rocks look like ordinary granite, but when struck with another rock, they resonate, making a clear, ringing sound, somewhat like a heavy bell. Not much is known about these ringing rocks except that they were apparently sounded to accompany singing during the girls' puberty ceremony. One has recently been discovered on Palomar Mountain.

http://www.robinhewi...ature/fire.html

Fascinating what can be discovered in the way of confirmatory logistics.

Isn't it though. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia....nfirmation_bias

...Or did you miss the overt implication that only some of the granite rings?