Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#7486    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostLilly, on 24 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Honestly, I just don't see how something built of stone in antiquity equates with alien visitation. I mean, this could easily be due to ancient peoples having knowledge of stone construction that we modern folks have simply forgotten/lost. In order for ancient buildings to serve as some type of proof for ET we need something more, like an alien stone cutting lasar...some bit of alien technology to support this notion.

Until we have some type of hard evidence this is all just rampant speculation.

Also There is the issue to consider that the stonework is perhaps the only tangible surviving relic.

Other factors support the theory such as folklore, ancient art, ancient religion, and dare I say even evidence of hybridisation (elongated skulls).

So it is by no means simply an issue about stonework.

However that is an excellent place to start which is why I have made a big case for it by looking at Peru, Easter Island, Egypt, and now Turkey.

Confirming logistics (there's that word again!) all tie up.

500 pages!

Edited by zoser, 24 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

Posted Image

#7487    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,380 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Technology acquired from where?  Why was it lost?  How did mankind go from living in caves to producing megalithic precision stonework?

With what means?  With what tools and for what purpose?

If you're going to say that humans didn't build these structures (since we know humans were there) then you're going to have offer hard evidence (ie, something more than speculation) that ET was actually the builder. What I offer is simply an alternative hypothesis (possible lost knowledge) that doesn't require the unsupported notion of alien visitation. The more speculation one uses to support one's hypothesis the weaker it becomes. My hypothesis does indeed use some speculation, yours uses far, far more.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#7488    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Five Stupid Things About Ancient Aliens

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#7489    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

This is the most spiraled formational thread I have subscribed too thus far on UM.
It's akin to a roller coaster ride with you people.
:tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#7490    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostAsadora, on 24 February 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

This is the most spiraled formational thread I have subscribed too thus far on UM.

Same here just enjoy the ride :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7491    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

The way i see these ancient wonders as lilly has said i do believe these ancients may have had some kind of knowledge that has been lost through time.Maybe some of these structures served some purpose that far supercedes anything we could ever imagine.Maybe other beings visited from another world and gave them this knowledge.At this point though it is all speculation because there is no proof.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7492    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostLilly, on 24 February 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

What I offer is simply an alternative hypothesis (possible lost knowledge) that doesn't require the unsupported notion of alien visitation. The more speculation one uses to support one's hypothesis the weaker it becomes. My hypothesis does indeed use some speculation, yours uses far, far more.

With absolutely no substantiation whatsoever of how the feats were accomplished.

If you are happy with that then fine, but please do not claim that the position is supportable or scientific.

It just is not.  

Humans may have well have been there but we have totally zero evidence that they created these artefacts.

High technological feats require high technology.

Not copper tools or dolomite pounders.

Posted Image

#7493    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostAsadora, on 24 February 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I agree.

It's time they looked at all the evidence and stopped clinging to outdated puerile mainstream beliefs.

Posted Image

#7494    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I agree.

It's time they looked at all the evidence and stopped clinging to outdated puerile mainstream beliefs.

Puerile....again.  I would like to know WHY the ALIENZ came here in the first place? Was it to give the equivalent of home improvement tips and then bugger off? How exactly did they not leave any evidence behind at all?  Not a single piece of alien garbage. The stones do not count as evidence nor do any of the supposed twisted references to them in religious texts. ALIENZ travel here from stars unknown to show off their apparent fetish for cutting rocks and nothing else and do so without a single piece of junk left behind.

Give us an example of a leap in technology that cannot be explained without ALIENZ help. If there is not a single irrefutable example then the whole AA thing is just a moldering pile of decaying fecal matter.

#7495    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 24 February 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Puerile....again.  I would like to know WHY the ALIENZ came here in the first place? Was it to give the equivalent of home improvement tips and then bugger off? How exactly did they not leave any evidence behind at all?  Not a single piece of alien garbage. The stones do not count as evidence nor do any of the supposed twisted references to them in religious texts. ALIENZ travel here from stars unknown to show off their apparent fetish for cutting rocks and nothing else and do so without a single piece of junk left behind.

Give us an example of a leap in technology that cannot be explained without ALIENZ help. If there is not a single irrefutable example then the whole AA thing is just a moldering pile of decaying fecal matter.

You might enjoy some of these short punchy texts to a whole variety of the AA nonsense,  the author compiled some good reading and presents lots of  AA contradictions

Ancient Alien FRAUD

http://www.jasoncola...lien-fraud.html

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#7496    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

One (link from above source) mentions this re  Neil Armstrong and Von Daniken

Ancient Aliens, Gold Tablets, and 40 Years of Lies

The History Channel's Ancient Aliens offered up an episode on "Underground Aliens" that was first broadcast in November 2010. I did not see this episode until it was rerun tonight, and what I saw disgusted me. The show featured a lengthy segment on an alleged cave in Ecuador that Erich von Daniken claimed had been carved by lasers and was filled with gold tablets written in extraterrestrial language--proof positive of alien encounters. Despite von Daniken's claim in his 1973 book The Gold of the Gods that he visited the cave, remarkably no evidence of the tablets ever emerged.

What disgusted me is that von Daniken was on TV in 2010 (repeated in 2011 without correction) pimping this story more than three decades after he admitted it was all a lie. I covered this story in The Cult of Alien Gods (2005). Here are few excerpts:

[A] journalist, Gavin Souter, confronted von Däniken about this [lack of evidence] and asked where his proof was. Von Däniken pointed to a Spanish-language newspaper article about the cave: “I think it says something about metal plates.” It did not.

But this was not evidence that von Däniken was lying. It was only one archaeologist’s opinion, after all. So in 1976, Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, led an expedition into Ecuador to verify or refute von Däniken’s claims. After some fruitless searching, he returned with the conclusion that there was nothing in the Ecuadorian jungles except jungle. Von Däniken replied that Armstrong was clearly confused and had searched the wrong caves, though he would not say where the right caves were. Nevertheless, newspaper headlines proclaimed “Däniken Unmasked!” and “The Charlatan Makes a Fool of Himself.”

Finally, a British expedition attempted to provide a definitive answer. Their trip to the caves found no trace of von Däniken’s gold library, only some evidence of early, primitive habitation in caves that were utterly ordinary, not laser-hewn perfection. Von Daniken finally admitted that the caves he described were not real, that his evidence was not real, that Gold of the Gods was not true. He said in his defense that because he was writing “popular” works for mass consumption, not scientific treatises, he could take “poetic license” with the truth. In short, he admitted to what amounted to fraud. Of course, few of his fans bothered to listen; the idea was more important than the man, and the idea meant everything to them.

According to the Mammoth Encyclopedia of the Unsolved, Von Daniken's co-explorer, Juan Moricz, denied that von Daniken had ever visited the cave, prompting von Daniken to concede that his account was pure fiction--at least until his fabrication had been forgotten. His escape clause--now he no longer claims to have visited the caves, only to know they exist "somewhere" and turning his own fantastic invention into a supposedly ancient myth.

Nevertheless, the History Channel apparently cares nothing for "facts" and allows its talking heads to spout any lies they want without even bothering to keep the lies consistent with the talking heads' previous lies. Even a terrible documentary series like Ancient Aliens ought to know better than that. That Ancient Aliens quoted Gold of the Gods, citing it by name, is unconscionable since its very author was forced to repudiate it. The History Channel should, once again, be ashamed.

#7497    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postseeder, on 24 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

You might enjoy some of these short punchy texts to a whole variety of the AA nonsense,  the author compiled some good reading and presents lots of  AA contradictions

Ancient Alien FRAUD

http://www.jasoncola...lien-fraud.html
Excellent.  I have read some of it and it is amazing what these AAT  idiots do. They put quite a bit of work into lying but unfortunately for them there are people out there that enjoy exposing them at every turn. :tu:

Edited because I shouldn't type when I haven't slept in a day and a half.

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 24 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#7498    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 24 February 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Excellent.  I have read some of it and it is amazing what these AAT  idiots do. They put quite a bit of work into lying but unfortunately there are people out there that enjoy exposing them at every turn. :tu:

hehe - yeh its more interesting than looking at endless ancient-rock pics isnt it.  David Childress, the one seen with Forester in the vids that excite zoser - cant seem to make his mind up about aliens either

On the Aliens

“[M]y whole thing is that this stuff is from this planet. These giant ruins aren’t built by extraterrestrials. I say they were built by humans. Mankind and civilization goes back 50,000 years or more. What else can I assume is inaccurate in this book [Cult of Alien Gods]? This guy just plain doesn’t do his research.”

"Atlantis, Ho!", Chicago Reader, 2006

“Ancient lasers were probably being used, and that technology probably came from extraterrestrials.”

Ancient Aliens S03E10, September 28, 2011

On Lord Pacal's Sacrophagus Lid

“I stared at the sarcophagus lid for a while, it was indeed fascinating. It was a bizarre scene, though von Däniken’s explanation didn’t quite make sense to me. The man was barefoot and wore no shirt, a typical dress for the Maya, but is this how one dresses when one is in one’s space ship? … it is unlikely that any sort of rocket power was ever used in the past or will ever be used in the future by visiting astronauts …”

Lost Cities of North and Central America, 1992, p. 197   

“Lord Pacal’s sarcophagus was his spaceship. He’s the original rocket man.”

Ancient Aliens S04E01, February 17, 2012

On Explaining Anomalies

“I don’t say” extraterrestrials are responsible for the anomalies of the past but instead that human beings from an advanced civilization were responsible.

Conversation with a cable television producer, December 2011

“Our ancient ancestors here may well be in a sense aliens from some other solar system, perhaps the Greys. What they’ve done is manipulate what were already humanoids on this planet, brute humanoids.”

Ancient Aliens S04E07, March 23, 2012

On Alien Intervention

“Andrew Rothovius…suggests that ancient astronauts had descended from a mothership in small landing craft. … I surmise the real answer is simpler, and more easy to swallow.”

Lost Cities of Ancient Lemuria & the Pacific, 1988, p. 169

“You have to think, are the extraterrestrials particularly interested in what happens to us in certain catastrophes and life-changing events that are occurring on this planet? And it’s possible that the extraterrestrials themselves are influencing some of these events.”

Ancient Aliens S04E04, March 3, 2012

Final Thoughts

“Nearly all of the ‘ancient astronaut’ evidence that can be found in the hundreds of books on the subject, can be alternatively explained in the time travel hypothesis, and have been.”

The Time Travel Handbook, 1999, p. 62

“What kind of powers would you have to have to do that? The powers of an extraterrestrial?”

http://www.jasoncola...the-aliens.html

Edited by seeder, 24 February 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#7499    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I agree.

All the "evidence" is being looked at, its the interpretation that we dont agree on.

We see something we cant explain and know that we have a mystery on our hands.

You see something you cant explain and think that its clear evidence of ET.

Edited by Hazzard, 24 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#7500    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,508 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

incidentally, page 500! This deserves a small Pat on the back, does it not. So congratulations to everyone who's kept the argument going so long! :blush:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image