Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#8191    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

View Postzoser, on 05 March 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Considering that that is exactly who the ancients say did do it; I'm afraid so.

Who do you think did it?

Fairies?  Ghosts?  Spirits?

You tell me.

Why throw them out? They are as reasonable as anything else you have suggested.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8192    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

View Postzoser, on 05 March 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

More typical 20th century garbage.

Have you ever considered another reason or reasons why they may have done it?  Or do you believe everything your history teacher told you.

Do you question anything?

It's the 21st century Zoser, you seem to have missed the memo.

Years of the Gregorian calendar, which is currently in use, are counted from AD 1. Thus, the 1st century comprised the years AD 1 through AD 100. The second century started with AD 101 and continued through AD 200. By extrapolation, the 20th century comprises the years AD 1901-2000. Therefore, the 21st century will begin with 1 January 2001 and continue through 31 December 2100.

Do you ever get anything right? You know, you really ought to reconsider your position regarding textbooks. Your aversion does not seem to be doing you any good.

Edited by psyche101, 06 March 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8193    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

View Postthe L, on 05 March 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Good find Zoser.

Don't forget: it was Protzen's FIRST TRY. Not that bad at all.

Now imagine dozens of very experienced stone workers.

#8194    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postzoser, on 05 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Yes we know all about Protzen.

-snip- unimportant prattle

Protzen with a half tonne block using 8 men over 12 days and steel tools:

-snip- more of the prattle

:no:

We have already established that the Inca had iron tools, so your comment is meaningless.  You'll have to do better than that.

Also we are eagerly awaiting your video  where you show us how it's done with sound? You're an engineer after all....aren't you?
According to your own rules, no video = unsubstantiated claims.

View Postthe L, on 05 March 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

My claim was that they copper is for show. And that any normal person (which I consider that Inca were) would rather use stone.
Or meteoric iron. Its only logic (at some extend) explaination for granite or diorite.

The Ancient inca had iron tools, the ancient pre-Inca people at Tiwanaku had also, that much has been proven, even Poser ...erm.....Zoser admits as much (although he has an obsession with saw blades). Why obsess about copper? They had more than only stone tools, which is the exact reason they could build the way they did. Besides copper was not only for show, they did make tools with that metal as well.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#8195    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

The Ancient inca had iron tools, the ancient pre-Inca people at Tiwanaku had also, that much has been proven, even Poser ...erm.....Zoser admits as much (although he has an obsession with saw blades). Why obsess about copper? They had more than only stone tools, which is the exact reason they could build the way they did. Besides copper was not only for show, they did make tools with that metal as well.

I think you need to post a link to their use of iron, Searcher,, for as far as I know, they used stones and hardened bronze for the job.

If it is what I think it is, you base their use of iron on a wrong translation from Quechua/Spanish:

Tools:

Garcilaso de la Vega is the only chronicler who says something about the tools Incas used to carve the stones. He mentions a kind of iron called hihuana.

“Los canteros no tuvieron más instrumentos para labrar las piedras que unos guijarros negros que llamaban hihuana, con que las labran machucando más que no cortando”.

But the right translation is:

"Some black pebbles which they call hihuana."

http://www.unexplain...8#commentsStart

Edited by Abramelin, 06 March 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#8196    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 March 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I think you need to post a link to their use of iron, Searcher,, for as far as I know, they used stones and hardened bronze for the job.
If it is what I think it is, you base their use of iron on a wrong translation from Quechua/Spanish:

Tools:
Garcilaso de la Vega is the only chronicler who says something about the tools Incas used to carve the stones. He mentions a kind of iron called hihuana.
“Los canteros no tuvieron más instrumentos para labrar las piedras que unos guijarros negros que llamaban hihuana, con que las labran machucando más que no cortando”.

But the right translation is:
"Some black pebbles which they call hihuana."

http://www.unexplain...8#commentsStart

The links and proof thereoff had already been posted by seeder and myself earlier.

View Postseeder, on 05 March 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

you may realize one day, that to be effective with Google you need to get your search phrases correct.

In zosers world....if one Google search doesn't work then its proof it doesn't exist

My quick search?  This is just one image that comes up instantly :tu:

Posted Image

Posted Image

more halfway down page

http://peruenroute.w...aso-de-la-vega/

View PostTheSearcher, on 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

doing the same search as Zoser, only the words "Pre-Inca Tools", two or three lines under the pic he used, I found another picture. From this link. I can't post it because it is copy righted but one can view it. However it comes with the following description : "Pre-Inca civilization, Bolivia, 1st-13th century A.D. Tiwanaku culture. Iron axe and large pins."

So there are IRON tools around and they are PRE-INCA.

Not sure how else we need to explain or show it.

Publilius Syrus.

#8197    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostDBunker, on 05 March 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

So no answer to my post then?

Zoser must have missed it. Lets try again shall we,...

Lets say that you are right about this.... Why ET?

Why not time traveler?

Inter dimensional travelers?

Why not Mole people from Inner Earth?

Zoser?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#8198    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

The links and proof thereoff had already been posted by seeder and myself earlier.

Not sure how else we need to explain or show it.

OK, the second link does indeed show iron tools. I must have missed that one, or else you can bet I would have repeated it ad nauseum for Zoser's convenience, lol.

But your first link shows what I posted in my blog (and to which I linked to in my former post), and that is based on a wrong translation. See blog entry on Dec 08 2012 10:06 PM

Edited by Abramelin, 06 March 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#8199    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 March 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

OK, the second link does indeed show iron tools. I must have missed that one, or else you can bet I would have repeated it ad nauseum for Zoser's convenience, lol.

But your first link shows what I posted in my blog (and to which I linked to in my former post), and that is based on a wrong translation.

The first link is Seeder's and I was unaware it was incorrectly translated. I stand corrected on that one, thanks for the info.
And repeating it wouldn't have helped, now Poser...Zoser is asking for saw blades in iron. He shifts and dodges again ......

Publilius Syrus.

#8200    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

The Hittites (2003) Construction Methods and Hydraulics

Take a look at those polygonal stones in their walls... and the stone drill.

This appears to be just a small translated part of a Turkish documentary. I think I'd like to see the whole thing, although I don't speak Turkish.

Edited by Abramelin, 06 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#8201    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,105 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 March 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

The Hittites (2003) Construction Methods and Hydraulics

Take a look at those polygonal stones in their walls... and the stone drill.

This appears to be just a small translated part of a Turkish documentary. I think I'd like to see the whole thing, although I don't speak Turkish.

Nice find.  :tu:

And to think they were doing all that circa mid-14th century BC!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hittites

some pics:

http://romeartlover....m/Hattusa1.html

So as we have previously found, polygonal architecture was in use In ancient Greece, Italy, Rome, Japan, and here again with the Hittites, and before PumaPunku, and no doubt the list is not complete.  But the AA crowd think this was unique to places like PumaPunku.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#8202    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,998 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postscowl, on 06 March 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

No, it's exactly the opposite: if it were high tech, all joints must be even. If the stones were cut with high tech, there would be no reason for any of them to be uneven. There's no reason for our high tech bathroom tiles to be uneven.

The vertical joints between stones much cruder than the horizontal joints. The stones in walls that have fallen have shown that the vertical joints are only a facade. The backs of the sides of the stones have been chiseled by conventional tools leaving voids between them. These voids aren't visible of course. The front of the sides have been filed straight and even with the neighboring stone giving the false impression that the entire sides of the stones are even with each other. They're not.

Hi scowl,   could you or someone else please post some photos of such stones??     I've looked, and i can seem to find any.  ( Zoser posted one pic of some dismantled stones showing some odd features of ridges rising into the gaps between stones)    Can anyone Please post some pics of the sides and tops and bottoms of stones from the puffy faced polygonal type masonry?
  I have read that some are as you describe and that others are joined entirely through the thickness of the wall.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8203    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,105 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

View Postlightly, on 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Hi scowl,   could you or someone else please post some photos of such stones?? I've looked, and i can seem to find any.  ( Zoser posted one pic of some dismantled stones showing some odd features of ridges rising into the gaps between stones)    Can anyone Please post some pics of the sides and tops and bottoms of stones from the puffy faced polygonal type masonry?
  I have read that some are as you describe and that others are joined entirely through the thickness of the wall.

Your best bet is to google them up. So many links and pics have been posted - I for one have lost count of whats posted and where/when etc. But what is it you are trying to understand?

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#8204    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postlightly, on 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Hi scowl,   could you or someone else please post some photos of such stones?? I've looked, and i can seem to find any.

I saw them in the 2010 History Channel documentary that featured architect Vincent Lee and several other architects, archaeologists, and scientists at Sacsawaman. They showed dismantled walls and other clues in individual stones that showed how they were cut. The best masonry looks incredible in the parts that are still standing, but we saw that the faces of the stones were much more finely finished than the rest of the stones. If Ancient Aliens had cut them with laser beams (or boring saws like we would use), every side of every stone should have been perfect.

They also showed that the wonderful wall that Zoser talks about is just a single example of masonry there. The others are cruder in varying degrees. Just as the Egyptians had built pyramids that fell apart and collapsed until they refined their techniques, the Incas also built walls that demonstrated an increasing level of refinement in their building techniques. There are photos of these on the Internet and we've seen Zoser confuses these cruder walls with those who were built by Ancient Astronauts.

The Ancient Aliens series (also on the History Channel) was such a laughingstock that I never thought anyone would believe that Chariots of the Gods crap again since we've moved onto figuring out how humans built these things. I forgot that there are lots of kids who weren't around in the 70's.

#8205    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostHazzard, on 06 March 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Lets say that you are right about this.... Why ET?

Why not time traveler?

Inter dimensional travelers?

Why not Mole people from Inner Earth?

Zoser?

I hate to answer on behalf of Zoser, but as a person who read Chariots of the Gods and saw the movie (in the theater!), I can answer this.

There are several ancient mysteries that naive people might think indicate that a higher technology existed then. These either have mundane explanations or are just a product of our modern eyes embellishing what we're seeing. This bias is very apparent in Chariots of the Gods. Von Daniken didn't find many flying saucers in ancient drawings and paintings, but he did find lots of things that looked like fiery rockets with aliens in "space suits" sitting in cockpits operating manual controls which looked just like our astronauts who had traveled to the Moon. The movie was especially explicit about this showing how closely these drawings matched our Saturn V rockets and Apollo command modules.

These days no UFOlogist would think that aliens would travel from distant stars using primitive chemical rockets but back in the early 70's the Apollo missions were happening right on our televisions. Von Daniken was clever in showing only ancient examples that closely matched what most people perceived was "space travel" at the time. This put his book in the mainstream and made it a best seller.

Likewise concepts like inter-dimensional travel and time travel are science fiction to most people so it's smart business to steer away from those explanations and stick with the more acceptable Ancient Astronauts angle. It also explains why these wonderful beings didn't stick around here for long -- they were explorers and wanted to move on to the next solar system.