Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#9901    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,394 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

[...]
and this:

Posted Image

[...]
Rubbing this joint with 21st finger would be more compelling...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#9902    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Here's an interesting artefact that I have seen many times, however these are the clearest images of it that I have seen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interesting is the tiny size of the stone and what looks like charring or burning.

Hard to imagine it was deliberate, yet if a piece had chipped of one of the blocks why not just discard it?

Impossible to insert such a tiny stone to that precision using conventional means.  Other than that it's just baffling.

Posted Image

#9903    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Enlarge it please or seek optical assistance.  No gaps there.

You can't see that there is a channel dug into the joint which is deeper than the faces of the rocks?

What are you seeing?

#9904    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

1) The straight edges are too perfect to be the result of stone bashing.
2) The inside surfaces are rounded indicating that something was pushed into the stone.
3) The whole stone looks too smooth to be the result of bashing,  It bears the vitrification characteristics.

1. In your opinion. Argument from personal incredulity is not an argument. In principle, a pounder doesn't work any different than a chisel except that it pulverizes small amounts of rock rather than chipping them off, and you can level a surface completely with just a just a hammer and chisel, or even just a bush hammer. There's no reason therefore that it isn't possible to do the same with a pounder, which is exactly what Protzen did. All that is is leveling several surfaces  in 3 dimensions, which again is shown in Protzen's demo.

2. Assuming as always you aren't just trolling with this inanity, how many more examples of perfectly and smoothly incised carving do I have to show you? 10? 50? 100?

3. Fitzgerald said "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."
If this is true, then you're about as far away from that as you can get because you can't even seem to grasp two opposing possibilities apart let alone together. Everything with you is either one thing or the other, never both. That's the false dichotomy brought several times earlier. It seems never to even occur to you that the stone could be "bashed out" to rough shape and then finished with a different method or methods, even after having this concept practically drawn out for you in pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. I think it's stupefyingly safe to say nobody here remotely entertains the notion that you can reduce a stone surface to a fine polish solely by bashing, so get off it.

Edited by Oniomancer, 20 March 2013 - 07:28 PM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#9905    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postscowl, on 20 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

You can't see that there is a channel dug into the joint which is deeper than the faces of the rocks?

What are you seeing?

Better to use a pointer to the area you are referring to.  The joints look amazing to me.  Toward the top seems the worst part but that just may be erosion of the very outer edges.

Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 20 March 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#9906    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 20 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

2. Assuming as always you aren't just trolling with this inanity, how many more examples of perfectly and smoothly incised carving do I have to show you? 10? 50? 100?

Have you showed me one yet?  Done in ancient times?  In granite?

Please show them to me.

Posted Image

#9907    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

More quarry images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

None bear any trace of feather and wedges.  None bear any trace of tool marks.

It's as if the stone was removed like butter.

Posted Image

#9908    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

That's a cop out Mr O.

Better if you said "subject to reason and common sense".

Both of which are relative subject to circumstance. Clearly you made no attempt to read the link, as to be expected. Do I have to sit you down and give you a lesson in cultural relativism too?

http://en.wikipedia....ural_relativism

Not a millimetre:

More like 5mm or even more.

Have you so quickly forgotten our previous discussions on that?
A. Not Protzen's work but the work of the crew with the chisels.
B. Protzen's actual work is a hell of a closer than that as you well know.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#9909    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 20 March 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Both of which are relative subject to circumstance. Clearly you made no attempt to read the link, as to be expected. Do I have to sit you down and give you a lesson in cultural relativism too?

http://en.wikipedia....ural_relativism

Have you so quickly forgotten our previous discussions on that?
A. Not Protzen's work but the work of the crew with the chisels.
B. Protzen's actual work is a hell of a closer than that as you well know.

Who directed the men with the steel chisels?  Looked like Protzen to me.

It wasn't closer.  That was the finished photo.  I don't do image trickery with pc's.

I also don't do amateur philosophy either Mr O so I cannot relate to your link at all.  Mostly I have found that such theories are nothing but half baked dreamed up ideas to win some prize at the institute.

Better to deal in truth if you can find someone who is able to dispense it.  Then again who is it that has dedicated their life to the search for truth?  Does such a person exist?  Where can they be found?  Will they deal with you?

Let's just say in this regard I have been extremely fortunate.  Then again I went looking for it and spent a decade searching before I found it.

That's another story.

Posted Image

#9910    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Have you showed me one yet?  Done in ancient times?  In granite?

Please show them to me.

You know perfectly well I have and you're sidestepping the point. It has nothing to do with age or material but what indicates whether something was carved or not. And you're presupposing that the stonework is ancient again, since by conventional dating it is not.

You want examples, go right back through this thread. There's plenty. You can start with the granite Buddha a few pages back..

#9911    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 20 March 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

You know perfectly well I have and you're sidestepping the point. It has nothing to do with age or material but what indicates whether something was carved or not. And you're presupposing that the stonework is ancient again, since by conventional dating it is not.

You want examples, go right back through this thread. There's plenty. You can start with the granite Buddha a few pages back..

That's why I cried 'sausages' for so long.

All people were posting was pictures of Greek or Roman ruins, showing temples with pillars or aqueducts.

The gaps in the stonework were visible from 100 metres away.

Nothing has been demonstrated here to prove precision in granite during classical, renaissance or modern times (using hand tools) comparable to the Peruvians.

Posted Image

#9912    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Who directed the men with the steel chisels?  Looked like Protzen to me.

It wasn't closer.  That was the finished photo.  I don't do image trickery with pc's.

He may be, he may not be. In any case, I'm talking about the rocks he had his actual grubby little hands on in the video, and the joint thereof, which is not what you've pictured.

I also don't do amateur philosophy either Mr O so I cannot relate to your link at all.  Mostly I have found that such theories are nothing but half baked dreamed up ideas to win some prize at the institute.

Better to deal in truth if you can find someone who is able to dispense it.  Then again who is it that has dedicated their life to the search for truth?  Does such a person exist?  Where can they be found?  Will they deal with you?

Let's just say in this regard I have been extremely fortunate.  Then again I went looking for it and spent a decade searching before I found it.

That's another story.

If you're going to blather on about reason and common sense, you bloody well better better understand what they mean, and be able to demonstrate that understanding. (See what I did right there? Anybody? Anybody?)

#9913    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

That's why I cried 'sausages' for so long.

All people were posting was pictures of Greek or Roman ruins, showing temples with pillars or aqueducts.

The gaps in the stonework were visible from 100 metres away.

Nothing has been demonstrated here to prove precision in granite during classical, renaissance or modern times (using hand tools) comparable to the Peruvians.

Again, nothing to do with whether the one is carved or not. Talk about a sausage fest.

#9914    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,394 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

[...]
Interesting is the tiny size of the stone and what looks like charring or burning.
[...]
Here is what you can do (experiment): touch with your fingers (washed/or not) spot on the wall for, say, one year. Then check results.
And, boy, fitting small pebble into the wall... Sigh...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#9915    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,394 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 March 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

More quarry images.

Posted Image

[...]
Thats the laser cut? Holy cr... laser must had had curved beam (top right "step" to the left)