Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Winchester Mystery House movie

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

THE WORLD’S MOST HAUNTED HOUSE
    OPENS ITS DOORS TO HAMMER

IMAGINATION DESIGN WORKS, INC. AND NINE/8 ENTERTAINMENT
    TO CO-PRODUCE

Posted Image
THE ICONIC PRODUCTION CO. OPTIONS RIGHTS TO DEVELOP AND PRODUCE HORROR FEATURE FILM

Los Angeles, CA (April 27, 2012) – In the first deal of its kind, the San Jose, California based Winchester Mystery House considered the “world’s most haunted house” is authorizing Hammer, an Exclusive Media company, the use of its unique property for a feature film based on its legendary story. Hammer has optioned all rights to develop and produce the feature film with Imagination Design Works (IDW) and Nine/8 Entertainment, it was announced today by Simon Oakes, Vice-Chairman of Exclusive Media and President & CEO of Hammer, and Guy East and Nigel Sinclair, Co-Chairmen of Exclusive Media.

http://winchestermys...om/themovie.cfm

I don't know how this movie hasn't been made  yet. The true story is almost stranger than fiction, and would make for a great spooky story, if not going overboard in silliness. And filming in the actual house is an added bonus. It also leads to childlike wondering if Sarah's "curse" will sweep down on the film crew, adding it to join the ranks of other famous film curses.

If done well, it could be a great movie. If done badly, well, it would still be kind of cool.

Edited by _Only, 17 November 2012 - 03:19 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I saw the title,and wondered if Dean and Sam were getting a movie .
I always hear this house isnt really haunted ,just bizarre.
There was that house where people vanished . One even vanished during a guided tour . I think they made a movie about that one .

Miss me?

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

No one has vanished at the house. They just get lost. I visited the house in 2004 while living in CA. One can very easily get lost if you're not paying attention. I don't think the house is haunted, but it's very weird.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I don't know if the house is haunted, but she was, whether you think it was psychological haunting or spirits. But I would never have learned anything about this from the tour I took a few days ago. They changed the format very recently to only talk about the construction and materials of the house. It was extremely boring, unless you happen to be a construction worker or mason, I suppose.

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Why the hell did they change it? Now no one will go.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 20 November 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Why the hell did they change it? Now no one will go.

They said they were "trying something new" after 40 years of the same format, making it "less spiritual". I don't think it will last long.

Edited by _Only, 20 November 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#7    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

I thought the same.  Dean and Sam.

Pity no Winchester brother pictures.

*weeps*

#8    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 November 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

I saw the title,and wondered if Dean and Sam were getting a movie .
I always hear this house isnt really haunted ,just bizarre.
There was that house where people vanished . One even vanished during a guided tour . I think they made a movie about that one .
That is awesome!  LOL.

I am surprised that this hasn't been done before, either, _only

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#9    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

i would love to visit this house!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users