Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK jogger almost dies from a spider bite

hannah white spider bite jogger

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,479 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

A jogger almost died after being bitten by a spider and infected with a deadly bug.

Hannah White, 29, was doing press-ups in her local park when the spider bit her right thigh. Within days, her leg had swollen to twice its normal size.

The condition was caused by a rare flesh-eating bug, which entered her body via the spider bite wound.

Doctors told Miss White she would die unless they removed part of her thigh, which could have left her disabled for life. But, miraculously, she managed to fight off the infection naturally.

Her case follows that of Natalie Hemme, who almost lost an arm when she was bitten by a household spider.

http://www.dailymail...d-infected.html

Posted Image

#2    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,820 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Spiders...

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

surd

• 10,806 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

....... are AMAZING!! It isn't their fault that people get themselves infected :no:

In fact, she didn't actually see what bit her, just as the woman with the swollen arm didn't!! And yet everyone is blaming spiders, and house spiders in particular! Crazy!!

Edited by ouija ouija, 17 November 2012 - 05:03 PM.

This ..... this is your life as it passed before other people's eyes.

italics don't really work in comic sans, do they? :/                                                                                      

#4    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I was shocked when I read what happened to her.

Risking getting disabled by a bug bite when she was training for fitness.

It's a very good thing she recovered.

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Oh my......

More spider stuff. Bring back the naked crazies eating peoples faces. I think I'd rather deal with that than spiders. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

surd

• 10,806 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostCoffey, on 17 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Oh my......

More spider stuff. Bring back the naked crazies eating peoples faces. I think I'd rather deal with that than spiders. lol

NO! NO! NO! It is NOT 'more spider stuff'!! Neither of these women actually saw what bit them. (Sorry for shouting, but I have to stick up for my spider family as they are not able to do so themselves :) )

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostCoffey, on 17 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Oh my......

Hahahaha!!  I have to agree, that was pretty entertaining... in a sick way but, entertaining, none the less!!

Makes us forget some of the common terrors living closely amongst us in the shadows waiting to infect us with whatever funky germs they have....  :P  

I'm going to vacuum now.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#8    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Queen

• 8,544 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Yeah another reason why to hate/fear spiders. |: This does nol help my arachnophobia.

#9    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 17 November 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Hahahaha!!  I have to agree, that was pretty entertaining... in a sick way but, entertaining, none the less!!

Makes us forget some of the common terrors living closely amongst us in the shadows waiting to infect us with whatever funky germs they have....  :P  

I'm going to vacuum now.

Hahaha, That is true, it does make normal day horrors less scary when there is really freaky things happening.

View Postouija ouija, on 17 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

NO! NO! NO! It is NOT 'more spider stuff'!! Neither of these women actually saw what bit them. (Sorry for shouting, but I have to stick up for my spider family as they are not able to do so themselves :) )

Hahaha, fair enough then. Maybe it was naked crazy spiders?

#10    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

surd

• 10,806 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostCoffey, on 17 November 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Hahaha, That is true, it does make normal day horrors less scary when there is really freaky things happening.

Hahaha, fair enough then. Maybe it was naked crazy spiders?
Are you suggesting that they were aiming to chew her face off, missed and got her butt instead? :w00t:

#11    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 17 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that they were aiming to chew her face off, missed and got her butt instead? :w00t:

YES!!!!!!! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users