Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mayan doomsday 'safe zone' shut down

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,375 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Seriously, if it's the "end of the world" then no place is safe...not even a mountain in France.

I wonder what all these Mayan Doomsday people are going to say the day after our supposed demise?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#47    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,117 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostLilly, on 26 November 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Seriously, if it's the "end of the world" then no place is safe...not even a mountain in France.

I wonder what all these Mayan Doomsday people are going to say the day after our supposed demise?

Oddly enough it never seems to bother them... They just pack back up - go home and say "Oh well... we miscalculated because the third phase of Jupiter was out of sequence with the fourth house of Mercury in Venus' orbit because Halley's Comet didn't come this year and Pauxatauny Phil didn't see his shadow... so the new date - taking all that into consideration is August 9th 2022... So let's Prepare!!!!!   This end is (almost) near (again)!!!!

Edited by Taun, 26 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#48    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 26 November 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Lets all run and hide in the country that is the first to surrender... ;)

Nb: I am fully aware that France surrendered in a situation that most other countries would also have surrendered in. I just can't help mentioning it.
I hear its the Vatican City, (yes, its a country apparently)

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#49    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

I hear its the Vatican City, (yes, its a country apparently)

Well I mean't France but I have always fancied a trip to Popeland.

I wonder if they will qualify for the next World Cup?    ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#50    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 26 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Well I mean't France but I have always fancied a trip to Popeland.

I wonder if they will qualify for the next World Cup? ;)
Depends who will be left for them to play against.....if it does come true, they could win it without even having to play.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#51    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Depends who will be left for them to play against.....if it does come true, they could win it without even having to play.

Lol, The Vatican city beats what's left of France in the 2014 World Cup in a post-apocalyptic Brazil.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#52    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

-facepalm- Maybe most of humanity does need to be wiped out

They'll find some new date and make up a reason why it didn't happen. lol

#53    Reactive Overhand Maneuver

Reactive Overhand Maneuver

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

• "The more things change, the more they stay the same".. Snake Plissken

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Well, I First heard about 2012 back in 97' & I put my life on hold... Yeah, 15 years ago. A friend of a friend came in & was distraught, saying he was gutted that the world would end in 15 years... & here we are with sixteen days to go! wonder how he's coping?
I know it's hard having to carry the burden of the coming apocalypse but I must say that I for one pity the fool, & myself as I too got suckered in. But perhaps there really is    something catastrophic about to happen!
I have been "prepping" for a while now, & I don't think any of us are ready for the possibility of an polar shift, meteorite strike or maybe even an alien invasion! Although the latter does sound the best senario.
Lets face it SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT...
I have noticed that the animals know something but they're not letting on. For example.. every time I go into the woods' animals are chattering to each other, I mean squirrels, magpies & such are gathering & I don't know why! They're all in on it.. They know!
Also the water tastes strange lately, not when you drink it but if you leave it a couple of hours, it just don't taste right.
A few people I know including myself have a constant ringing in the left ear & now I've recently realised why x-mas is when it is.
It's because long, long ago people or beings programmed into us a need to "stock up for x-mas" as one day, around the 21st of December the survivors would find it easier to survive if there's a lot of "hampers" & other survival stuff about.. Think about it?
It's going to get rough out there, but don't worry, those who are meant to survive will survive. I just hope it's the good & not the bad. Though the good will have to do some unspeakable acts just to stay alive.
I once believed in Ufo's, Crop Circles, The Yeti & all the other unexplained stuff that goes on, until it was explained!
I do still believe though that the gods were alien visitors but the story got filtered over time like chinese whispers & somehow the truth turned into an organised profit making scheme that split due to different versions & became the many religions we now have today.
Everything is coded into us as we, for some unknown reason know that something's amiss.
The truth is out there, but unfortunately there are so many ideas that it has come to a point now when we don't know what is true & what is a fabrication of the truth.
It's all gone to bol**cks!
Anyway, don't think too hard or you'll end up like
david ike, or worse still' Me.. Lord Pacal.
It is coming, maybe not yet a while, but it is coming.
we can not go on destroying the earth how we do without a reaction from it, I mean.. If you removed all the oil from a motor vehicle how far do you think it would go before it seized up?  Not very far at all..
Keep your family safe & Trust No one.

#54    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Surely some are wondering where Nibiru is? Should be very visible by now LOL.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#55    Reactive Overhand Maneuver

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Well it had better end cause I put a months wages on it back in 2000..... I'm set to make millions.  :tsu: LOL
only joking... I put a tenner down..... no I didn't! :w00t:

#56    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,015 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Here's the thing.  How much of our lives should we spend contemplating the "end" of anything?  I say none, nada, nitch.  If an end comes, then that time is the only piece of time worth devoting to the event/s.  People lose so much of their lives "worrying" over the future or stuck in "regrets" for past events - all that time their mind is busy with these worries and regrets is time that they are not engaged in actual living,

So how much of your life is going to be devoted to an "apocolypse" and how will you feel years later when you find you can't have that wasted time back?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#57    Reactive Overhand Maneuver

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 06 December 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Here's the thing.  How much of our lives should we spend contemplating the "end" of anything?  I say none, nada, nitch.  If an end comes, then that time is the only piece of time worth devoting to the event/s.  People lose so much of their lives "worrying" over the future or stuck in "regrets" for past events - all that time their mind is busy with these worries and regrets is time that they are not engaged in actual living,

So how much of your life is going to be devoted to an "apocolypse" and how will you feel years later when you find you can't have that wasted time back?
I know mate, Truer word were never said! I am one of those people & it is sad I know,
But we've only got 12 days to save the earth!!   My new years resolution is to start living again & stop worrying.. Trust me.
Would be cool if Aliens landed though :-* We'll see in less than two week's.. or we wont?

#58    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,015 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 08 December 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

I know mate, Truer word were never said! I am one of those people & it is sad I know,
But we've only got 12 days to save the earth!!   My new years resolution is to start living again & stop worrying.. Trust me.
Would be cool if Aliens landed though :-* We'll see in less than two week's.. or we wont?
Well, the odd day dream of high adventure / alien invasion is not quite the same as totally believing the world is gonna end is it?  I'm betting you count your Kung Fu an equal to anything thrown away in your wishful thinking - we all do when it comes to the "hollywood" version of the apocalypse daydream, lol

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#59    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Unfortunately most people think the Mayans predicted the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012...They did not, the calendar looks like it ends and some other stuff, but nothing about "the world ending".

Other philosophers have predicted a "Apocalypse" or "Revelation" without a specific and/or exact date...I do think those predictions are practical and we are getting closer to when those events where predicted to happen...and that is not the 21st of December of 2012...possibly between 2015 and 2050 more or less.

#60    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,669 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

A friend of mines aunty and uncle have "fled to higher ground". Whereas others here in Australia have stocked up massive warehouses full of stuff to survive, apparently Nibiru is going to pass by too...

If the world was actually going to end, there aint no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough, to keep you from getting killed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users